• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.
I beat Resistance: Burning Skies and platinumed it(really easy to do actually). Besides the platinum this game was horrible. Not even worth my time and money I think. I only bought it for the multiplayer but I can't connect to a damn game to save my life. I tried for 30 minutes last night and it would never connect to a game. Got the run around a lot.

Anyways, what makes it terrible?

1)Shitty checkpoints. The absolute worst I can remember. Hey, let's restart you ten minutes before this firefight began after you crossed over about three different doors already. Or let's have the checkpoint right before a huge long break in the action with a lot of worthless talk, not after the talking stopped. I don't mind redoing something if the gameplay is fun, but that brings me to two.

2) The gunplay is shitty. Horrible AI that stands behind a door and waits for you to pop out and shoot them. Even worse is when they run straight for you and you just hit them in the face. Not to mention the cheap deaths from horrible enemy placement. A couple times it was just trial and error to see where I could stand because I'd kill a person, then get killed by a unit spawning directly behind me. But to not get shot by the unit before I'd have to be behind the wall where the next unit spawns. Horrible!!

3) The sound in this game is outright pathetic. Every gun sounds the damn same and it sounds like a fucking peashooter. FUCK!

If you can avoid this game do so, please.

Hanmik

shaqnosis

Neo Member
Has there been any info about what will be in the Vita PS plus instant game collection? If not, what do you think they will be? A mixture of native vita games and psp/psm and minis titles or just straight up native vita titles?

If they go with all Vita titles, for the 1st month i could see it being something like: wipeout, mod nation racers, little deviants and Unit 13.

Also should I hold off on buying LBP Vita or is it not likely to be free for ps plus in the next few months?

Hanmik

My Guess for instant plus games.

Escape Plan.
Little Deviants.
Plants vs. Zombies.
Resistance: Burning Skies.
Modnation Racers: Road Trip.
Motorstorm RC.
Reality Fighters.
Table Top Tanks.
Pulzar.
Super Stardust Delta.
Uncharted: Golden Abyss.

Has there been any info about what will be in the Vita PS plus instant game collection? If not, what do you think they will be? A mixture of native vita games and psp/psm and minis titles or just straight up native vita titles?

If they go with all Vita titles, for the 1st month i could see it being something like: wipeout, mod nation racers, little deviants and Unit 13.

Also should I hold off on buying LBP Vita or is it not likely to be free for ps plus in the next few months?

I think there will be some vita compatible psp games in the instant game collection.

Also my bet for now is stuff like super stardust, plants vs zombies before they move into launch titles. Or RR that would be one I could see.

Ran rp

Escape Plan.
Little Deviants.
Plants vs. Zombies.
Motorstorm RC.
Reality Fighters.
Table Top Tanks.
Pulzar.
Super Stardust Delta.

Yep. I'm hoping for some PSone games though.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Would not expect to see anything like LBP offered free yet... let the game make some consumer money first!

I'd like to see, at most, a PSV Retail game, a PSN Vita game, and either a PSP or PS1 game.

I wouldn't mind Sumioni through Plus... It's a game I want to play, but with so much cheaper stuff all around (and even Dokuro soon), it makes it harder and harder to justify straight-out buying.Even a 50% off sale would be nice. Super-Stardust bundle would also be great.

Sales on DLC for Vita games would also be welcome.

I'd love to see them focus on filing out the Vita Plus content with Cross-play items, so that PS3 users who might not even have a Vita, would still get something, and would also get something they can work with, that'd make them want to get a Vita.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Probably a billion shots out there, but as i'm enjoying it a lot (again) : EDF3

8066378776_29ef05e5b5_z.jpg

8066378692_50d59f7a75_z.jpg

8066377657_746d688549_z.jpg

8066377593_a09ae9a286_z.jpg

8066378086_13f129a46a_z.jpg

8066377037_b1df8279b2_z.jpg

8066377734_ae65e8d4d8_z.jpg

8066378012_abaacefc67_z.jpg

shots look a lot worse than the game does - seems colours are somewhat muted. Great fun though as always.

ajim

Is there a Vita thread similar to the 3DS one with a list of games/info or something similar at all?

Shinriji

Party in the house yesterday, showed the Vita to all my friends. The girls loved TOM Blitz, keep playing non stop. "This game is on IOS?".

Uncharted was pretty popular with the blokes "Wow, it is just like the PS3 version".

Foshy

I could see the 4 games that had a price cut early on getting added to PS+, Everybody's Golf, Modnation Racers, Little Deviants and Reality Fighters.

Also, would be nice to have those 1 hour demos for every game.

Escape Plan.
Little Deviants.
Plants vs. Zombies.
Motorstorm RC.
Reality Fighters.
Table Top Tanks.
Pulzar.
Super Stardust Delta.

you think we'll get separate list of 10 instant game collection for Vita? so that ps3/vita owner basically get 20 instant game collection?

I was thinking more like 2 or 3 additional title to the current ps3/psn instant game collection...

you think we'll get separate list of 10 instant game collection for Vita? so that ps3/vita owner basically get 20 instant game collection?

I was thinking more like 2 or 3 additional title to the current ps3/psn instant game collection...

Sony have said that it's separate. There'd be no point combining the two at all, as it'd just water the selection down.

That said, I'd bet money on half the list being PSP games. No way is the list going to be 100% Vita games, as they're all too new. I'm hoping for Resistance BS, because I'd like to play and platinum it but don't want to waste money on it.

Carl

I don't know... Since it's the launch of the service they might want to include a relevant game to push subscriptions. That doesn't mean that the following games can't be just old launch games or PSP games...

Very much doubt they will include a game that's still selling and making them money. One of the big things about Plus for Sony is that it gets money out of games that aren't selling any more.

Hanmik

Sony have said that it's separate. There'd be no point combining the two at all, as it'd just water the selection down.

That said, I'd bet money on half the list being PSP games. No way is the list going to be 100% Vita games, as they're all too new. That said, I'm hoping for Resistance BS, because I'd like to play and platinum it but don't want to waste money on it.

But I see this "instant game collection" thing as a Vita-thing.. so no PS1 or PSP games.. that would be stupid of them. The PS3 version of plus has only ps3 games, and sometimes we get a PS1, PS2 or PSP game as an added bonus..

I, for one, would be very disappointed if the instant game collection did include PS1 and PSP games..

Yep. And the Vita games will be from launch.

For the most part, yeah. I half expect SCEE to offer Motorstorm RC though, since it's already been offered for free in NA.

Also, I just realised I said 'that said' twice in that paragraph. I guess that's what you get when you type up two sentences 10 minutes apart.

I thought they said it was going to be 4 vita games. But maybe I dreamt that.

I would guess:

Reality Fighters
Little Deviants
Ridge Racer
Hustle Kings

That said, I'd bet money on half the list being PSP games. No way is the list going to be 100% Vita games, as they're all too new. I'm hoping for Resistance BS, because I'd like to play and platinum it but don't want to waste money on it.

Hmm there's quite a lot that could be put there:

- Resistance
- Wipeout
- Unit 13
- Everybody Golf
- Super Stardust
- Motorstorm
- Escape plan
- Hustle Kings
- Little Deviants
- Reality Fighters

some 3rd party stuff:
- Asphalt
- Army Corps
- NGS (more likely closer to NGS2 release)
- Dungeon Hunter
- Dynasty Warriors

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Yeah.

I'll bet on 2 retail Vita games, 3 PSP games, 3 PS1 games. Maybe some minis/mobile titles. Really can't expect anything better than that especially considering they aren't changing the price for Plus and are just building another system into the existing plan as it is.

But I see this "instant game collection" thing as a Vita-thing.. so no PS1 or PSP games.. that would be stupid of them. The PS3 version of plus has only ps3 games, and sometimes we get a PS1, PS2 or PSP game as an added bonus..

I, for one, would be very disappointed if the instant game collection did include PS1 and PSP games..

The PS3 has a hell of a lot more games than the Vita though, including pretty old ones that they can reintroduce or use to promote new installments, so they can afford to do so. The Vita's only been out for 8 months, the library doesn't have as much depth and they're all pretty new games. I just don't think it's realistic to expect them to put games like Uncharted up on it. Not yet anyway.

I don't think they'll make Minis or PS1 games any more prominent than they are already though, as they're playable on PS3 and would basically be adding even more games to its list.

Motorstorm RC was a launch game, so you're just agreeing with what i said :p

Bah, I'd forgotten that thanks to the US getting it later and free.

Started up MGSHD last night for the first time in a few weeks and played through The Fear, The End and The Fury on my way to Groznyj Grad... *mind blown! I really think that the Vita version is the definitive version of this game. So beautiful, and the touch screen controls work so well.

Whole bunch of Mud: FIM Motocross World Championship screenshots and videos. The game's out this week in Europe, and while a North American release hasn't been announced it has been teased.
Meh... Europe can keep it... What's with the sound design? Two bikes touch it sounds like a couple blocks of wood knocked together...

Hanmik

The PS3 has a hell of a lot more games than the Vita though, including pretty old ones that they can reintroduce or use to promote new installments, so they can afford to do so. The Vita's only been out for 8 months, the library doesn't have as much depth and they're all pretty new games. I just don't think it's realistic to expect them to put games like Uncharted up on it. Not yet anyway.

I know that much.. but if Sony really want to make the Plus thing work on Vita they need some real good deals to do so.. Golden Abyss is a launch game, and the game is the perfect Plus deal to start of with. Sony probably know that they need to make some kind of "sacrifice" to make the Vita owners go out and buy Plus.. (unless they really think all Vita owners own a PS3 and are Plus subscribers)

Mikeside

I don't think they'll make Minis or PS1 games any more prominent than they are already though, as they're playable on PS3 and would basically be adding even more games to its list.

Bah, I'd forgotten that thanks to the US getting it later and free.

I would normally agree with you, but I think with the Vita not taking off so well, they might put a couple of launch titles on PS Plus just to convince a few more people to buy the damn thing.

I know that much.. but if Sony really want to make the Plus thing work on Vita they need some real good deals to do so.. Golden Abyss is a launch game, and the game is the perfect Plus deal to start of with. Sony probably know that they need to make some kind of "sacrifice" to make the Vita owners go out and buy Plus.. (unless they really think all Vita owners own a PS3 and are Plus subscribers)

I think they'll be more aiming at getting PS3 owners with PSPlus to get a Vita.

zroid

Banned
I think they'll be more aiming at getting PS3 owners with PSPlus to get a Vita.

Yeah pretty much. It's not at all a bad incentive for those people.

But convincing a Vita owner to get Plus solely for that will be a tall order. I still haven't been convinced to get it for PS3 (although it's tempting, especially with the addition of Vita).

Of course I'm assuming the number of "freebies" will be increased to accommodate the second system, not that they will just continue to give away the same number but include Vita games among them.

Ohnonono

Its getting close to SH:BoM time. This month is gonna be a wallet killer but I will wait on some of them to make sure I can pick up BoM, and P4G day one.

Fox1304

When are they supposed to announce the Vita PS+ EU line up already ?
Can't find the announcement of the announcement (xzibit.jpg)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom