• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diggler

Can anyone help me out a bit; if I want to switch my main Vita account over from my US one to my EU one, I know I need to wipe the card and reactivate the system, etc...but is there any way to bring over my save games in the process so I can keep playing everything from where I was? Both physical games, and PSN downloaded games? I'm guessing I can't bring over my actual downloaded titles.

Bit confused by the whole thing still though.

Thanks. Sold a bunch of Vita games since I was dangerously low on money, so I'm hoping they may be part of the initial line up ( especially Wipeout and Lumines ). I think Wipeout is nearly a given.

Wipeout HD was the first free game on the NA PS+ for PS3, so yeah I am thinking Wipeout is likely as well.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
got a little buzzed over the weekend and bought When Mutant Blobs Attack and Plants vs Zombies from the PS store for my Vita. what have I done?????!

Bought an awesome game! PVZ is okay too but its ridiculously overpriced and there is some massive slowdown when things get really busy on screen.

You're not kidding :p Playing Endless for that 40 waves trophy, lol. It was running at about 2 frames per second at one point :p

That's the built in Epic filter lol

PSA for all my Vitabros who have yet to pick up PS+ or need to renew or want to add another year to your already 2 years:

At Best Buy some of you may be familiar with the magazine they put out, @Gamer. Every month they have coupons and sometimes they have great deals inside. Well they have a Fall magazine ($5) with Call of Duty BLOPS 2, and inside is a coupon for $15 off a year's sub of PS+.

All said and done if you have to buy the magazine ($5) you can get Plus for $40. $50+$5-$15=$40.

Shiv47

Been playing a lot of EDF since I got it. It was an excellent choice for a portable platform since the levels rarely last more than 5-15 minutes, depending on type of mission and difficulty level. Hopefully people aren't scared off by the lower budget nature of the game and pick it up when it comes out over here. It has a shitload of trophies as well, which is a nice change from the 360 version.

Sh0k

Any PSP sale coming for the Vita? I want to buy Hot Shots Tennis but is ridicoulusly priced on the PSN, $19.99 compared to $4.99 for the Hot Shots Golf/Hot Shots Tennis bundle pack at the Sony Store.

I don't have a PSP anymore and wanted to play this game on my Vita.

Carl

Any PSP sale coming for the Vita? I want to buy Hot Shots Tennis but is ridicoulusly priced on the PSN, $19.99 compared to $4.99 for the Hot Shots Golf/Hot Shots Tennis bundle pack at the Sony Store.

It was £3.19 a few months ago in the UK.

...Sorry, that probably doesn't help ;)

When Vita gets PS+ I'd expect most of Sony's old PSP catalogue to drop in price or go free eventually,

kiyomi

In the process of switching back memory cards, was on the 4gb JP one and now I want my 16gb back in there.

So when I put the 16gb in, it says I can't do that without formatting. Sigh. I thought maybe I needed to deactivate the 4GB card and then switch, and without knowing Japanese, I think I've done that, but can't be sure.

My question is twofold ; do I REALLY have to format my beloved 16gb just to play on my normal account again? And secondly, can I possibly back the 16gb stuff up to my PS3 before formatting it?

Like.. I have quite a lot of stuff there. I didn't realise I might have to wipe it just to get back to my normal account, I thought I was just locked to one account per memory card.

In the process of switching back memory cards, was on the 4gb JP one and now I want my 16gb back in there.

So when I put the 16gb in, it says I can't do that without formatting. Sigh. I thought maybe I needed to deactivate the 4GB card and then switch, and without knowing Japanese, I think I've done that, but can't be sure.

My question is twofold ; do I REALLY have to format my beloved 16gb just to play on my normal account again? And secondly, can I possibly back the 16gb stuff up to my PS3 before formatting it?

Like.. I have quite a lot of stuff there. I didn't realise I might have to wipe it just to get back to my normal account, I thought I was just locked to one account per memory card.

I believe you just have to format the vita not the memory card itself.

Mitama

Say I order a European PS Vita and I import games from the USA/Canada. Those should work fine since the Vita is region-free, but what if I have a European PSN account? And what if I create a USA PSN account, can I order games there with my EU Visa?

Thanks!

Just restore the system without a memory card inside.

Carl

Say I order a European PS Vita and I import games from the USA/Canada. Those should work fine since the Vita is region-free, but what if I have a European PSN account? And what if I create a USA PSN account, can I order games there with my EU Visa?

Thanks!

If you buy a NA game, you will need an NA account to buy DLC for it. If you aren't bothered about DLC then it doesn't matter.

You can't buy anything on NA store using an EU card. You'll have to buy PSN credit off the internet or a GAFfer and then put that on the account.

kiyomi

Thanks!

The fact that the games are from USA/Canada won't make any change, having a European PSN won't matter, they''ll still work.

As for a USA account, you run into two problems, first - which is that it is difficult to swap accounts without some juggling (as I am just finding out), and secondly, if you're talking about buying DD games from the US PS Store, you will not be able to use your Visa.

Just restore the system without a memory card inside.
Quoting for the new page just in case.

dsigns1

That's the built in Epic filter lol

PSA for all my Vitabros who have yet to pick up PS+ or need to renew or want to add another year to your already 2 years:

At Best Buy some of you may be familiar with the magazine they put out, @Gamer. Every month they have coupons and sometimes they have great deals inside. Well they have a Fall magazine ($5) with Call of Duty BLOPS 2, and inside is a coupon for $15 off a year's sub of PS+.

All said and done if you have to buy the magazine ($5) you can get Plus for $40. $50+$5-$15=$40.

Does the coupon work on PSN or do you have to buy the PS+ card in Best Buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom