• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkone

So i am playing The 3rd Birthday on the Vita, i have passed a the first 2 areas but the game did not saved, when i get to the loading screen there is no file to load.
when & how this game saves?

LuchaShaq

Banned
I could see the 4 games that had a price cut early on getting added to PS+, Everybody's Golf, Modnation Racers, Little Deviants and Reality Fighters.

Also, would be nice to have those 1 hour demos for every game.

That would super bum me out since I don't think any of those games are worth a person's time or money. Would be better off with nothing so they don't showcase the worst of the system.

Mitama

If you buy a NA game, you will need an NA account to buy DLC for it. If you aren't bothered about DLC then it doesn't matter.

You can't buy anything on NA store using an EU card. You'll have to buy PSN credit off the internet or a GAFfer and then put that on the account.

The fact that the games are from USA/Canada won't make any change, having a European PSN won't matter, they''ll still work.

As for a USA account, you run into two problems, first - which is that it is difficult to swap accounts without some juggling (as I am just finding out), and secondly, if you're talking about buying DD games from the US PS Store, you will not be able to use your Visa.

Alright, thanks! I noticed that you can just buy US PSN cards at face value (I mean theree's no extra costs involved :p) so I think I'll run with the US PSN and US games. For that matter, don't all of you EU guys get your games from the US? Seems quite a bit cheaper and they have the better version of the PSOne Classics too. Or are there any advantages to shopping in Europe?

Shinriji

That would super bum me out since I don't think any of those games are worth a person's time or money. Would be better off with nothing so they don't showcase the worst of the system.

I have all those good games, so B-tier games is that I want. And those small PSN games.

Carl

Alright, thanks! I noticed that you can just buy US PSN cards at face value (I mean theree's no extra costs involved :p) so I think I'll run with the US PSN and US games. For that matter, don't all of you EU guys get your games from the US? Seems quite a bit cheaper and they have the better version of the PSOne Classics too. Or are there any advantages to shopping in Europe?

Europe store is better for Vita. We have more sales.

kiyomi

Alright, thanks! I noticed that you can just buy US PSN cards at face value so I think I'll run with the US PSN and US games. For that matter, don't all of you EU guys get your games from the US? Seems quite a bit cheaper and they have the better version of the PSOne Classics too. Or are there any advantages to shopping in Europe?

As someone who owns both a PS3 and Vita, I can definitely say being in the EU and on its' PS store is much better than on the US store. For Playstation Plus if nothing else.

The selection of PSOne classics is better in the EU, I'd argue.

SCEE seems to have much more frequent sales than SCEA.
Edit: Carl beat me to it

Carl

Everybody's Golf is one of the best games on Vita. Get out.

Mitama

Hmm, more sales sounds great but from what I've read the European PSOne Classics have a border around them and don't run at 60 Hz. Decisions, decisions. :/

Do you guys till use the party feature on Vita? I never see anyone in a party anymore. I should start making them too though. Seems like we have a lot of nice folks in here, and it would be kool to chat it up while playing.

kiyomi

Do you guys till use the party feature on Vita? I never see anyone in a party anymore. I should start making them too though. Seems like we have a lot of nice folks in here, and it would be kool to chat it up while playing.

"Build it and they will come". To, er, your Vita party.

A few months ago there was talk about some kind of VitaGAF party chat podcast. Nothing really materialised.

Carl

Hmm, more sales sounds great but from what I've read the European PSOne Classics have a border around them and don't run at 60 Hz. Decisions, decisions. :/

Looks like Andy Stewart is no longer PSN Sales guy, so we might not get as many awesome Vita deals now :p

krYlon

I live in the UK but use the US store. Yes there are more sales in europe, but in general US prices work out cheaper.

More importantly, there are quite a few PSP games that never made it to europe and I like playing psp games on my vita. So far most vita games are making it this way but I cant be sure that will always be the case and we usually get japanese localised games later and at a much higher initial price.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Question: If I bought a 2nd memory stick, is it just as simple as switching them out or is there more to it? I'm looking to get one just for PSX games.

Shinriji

"Build it and they will come". To, er, your Vita party.

A few months ago there was talk about some kind of VitaGAF party chat podcast. Nothing really materialised.

Yep. But the main reason is that some people just want to the others listen to Macarena while gaming. So I started to mute everyone, and stick wih text chat. Eventually I get into party with TRUE VITABROS (Cecil, Laguna, Lunch, TGH), but text party only.

The only thing that the Vita teach me is that Cross Game Chat is terribly overrated and I hope that it didn't come to the PS3.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Info about WRC3 sounds good, and the screenshots looks good too, ¿NFSMost Wanted Vs WRC3?

Trees are horrible in wrc3, but in motion i'm sure we will not notice them, but there's no contest for me, burnou... ehm need for speed most wanted without a doubt(maybe the fact that i suck at rally games helps my decision? lol)

Although it's true that the EU Store has more sales, I think that the US Store has a wider variety of games. And I think that is its greatest advantage since price equity is pretty much the norm across both territories (at least that's my perception). The thing is that I don't feel comfortable enough making it my main account. If one day SONY decides to IP block access to the store, I would be pretty much fucked... So I only buy from the US store when there is not much chance of an European release.

deimian86

Banned
Trees are horrible in wrc3, but in motion i'm sure we will not notice them, but there's no contest for me, burnou... ehm need for speed most wanted without a doubt(maybe the fact that i suck at rally games helps my decision? lol)

Agree with the trees issue, Vita screenshots always are significantly worst than the real game.

Probably I get both, but first NFS.

If playing games in english sooner is important, localizations tend to come out quicker in the US due to the fact that English is the only language they need to translate the game into.

Fuck it, went and made it anyway, even if it will descend into a shitfest. Someone might enjoy it.

The more positive vita threads the better to be honest. It's our job to turn opinion on the machine around since Sony seems incapable of doing so..

panda21

anyone know how much DJ Max vita costs in South Korea? are there any other exclusive (not coming to EU) games there worth picking up?

Mitama

Thanks for the input everyone! I prefer having my games in physical form so I can always import early US localizations. What I really wanted to use the PSN store for is for some PSP games and the occasional PSOne Classic so I will probably get both a US account and a EU one. Shame that Sony's making it so hard to have multiple regions on a single memory card!

I'm also really happy to see the Vita's library grow so much, especially in the coming few months. I got the PSP on day 1 since I loved the idea of having console quality games on the go (always been more of a handheld gamer) but the Vita's launch line-up wasn't that enticing to me. Between Persona 4: Golden, NFS: Most Wanted, AC:L, MGS HD Collection, Gravity Rush, Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus and a new Ys there's so much coming out now that I really want to get a Vita. I should definitely give Persona 3: FES a try first since I couldn't get into P3P. If I like that then I'd probably buy a Vita just for P4G alone. Over 100 hours of fusion goodness is just awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom