• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Andy Stewart is no longer PSN Sales guy, so we might not get as many awesome Vita deals now :p

You sure? Last time he was mentioned on the blog, they said he was on holiday. Maybe they dragged him away into a dark room and trained him to not be a condescending dick on the blog.

Carl

You sure? Last time he was mentioned on the blog, they said he was on holiday. Maybe they dragged him away into a dark room and trained him to not be a condescending dick on the blog.

He tweeted earlier today (@RiBZe) that he now works on Playstation Home.

NEO0MJ

At last I join the PSV dying-errr master race!

psv.png

Not pictured, the 32 GB memory inside the PSV, and the device is barely a month old. Got it all for $350. Maybe not so great an offer in the US but over here it's a steal.

At last I join the PSV dyi-errr master race!

Not pictured, the 32 GB memory inside the PSV, and the device is barely a month old. Got it all for $350. Maybe not so great an offer in the US but over here it's a steal.

Welcome, to the fraternal order of Vitabros and Vitamuffins!

psv.png

Congrats! Although wtf is with the horrible cover for MGS HD?!

Eventually, but I got enough games as is. Plus,a I have a few PSP games left to play. Speaking of, is there a easy way to move them from my PSPgo to the PSV?

Check the download history on you PSN to check if they can be downloaded directly to Vita. If not, you'll need to redownload them onto your PS3 and then transfer via content manager.

NEO0MJ

Check the download history on you PSN to check if they can be downloaded directly to Vita. If not, you'll need to redownload them onto your PS3 and then transfer via content manager.

I can do that, but my net is a bit slow. Can I move them from PSP to PS3/PC and then from PS3/PC to PSV?

Carl

Damn.

Is that the equivalent of being moved to the basement storage room "office"?

Heh, no it was his choice and he seemed quite excited about it.

psv.png

Welcome to the Vitabrotherhood.

Now get on PSN and buy Mutant Blobs Attack.

Carlisle

Just caved on a Vita as well! Went with a pretty good BIN offer on Ebay. Wifi Vita, 8GB, official case, and a grip (eh) for $188 shipped. Getting Uncharted first and foremost, and eventually Gravity Rush, LBP, Resistance, and Wipeout. Super excited! Although I also got a new e-reader this month, and my iPhone 5 should finally ship as well... my wallet will be pretty bruised for a while :(

t2ec16zhjhqe9nzey8ts4mymz.jpeg

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
MARINA DEL REY, CALIF. (October 8, 2012) – GungHo Online Entertainment America , a multiplatform publisher for the international gaming community, today confirmed that the company’s first title, Dokuro, will be released as a digital PlayStation®Vita system download on the PlayStation®Network on October 16. A creative blend of quirky puzzle and platform gameplay, Dokuro is a unique action puzzle game that utilizes both front and back touch panels to allow players to transform back and forth between character forms to utilize various skills and abilities, as well as manipulate the environment around them.

http://www.gunghoonline.com/2012/10...ase-date-for-dokuro-on-playstationvitasystem/

Vitacat

Just caved on a Vita as well! Went with a pretty good BIN offer on Ebay. Wifi Vita, 8GB, official case, and a grip (eh) for $188 shipped. Getting Uncharted first and foremost, and eventually Gravity Rush, LBP, Resistance, and Wipeout. Super excited! Although I also got a new e-reader this month, and my iPhone 5 should finally ship as well... my wallet will be pretty bruised for a while :(

Skip Resistance; it's crap. Otherwise good choices.

Carl

Get on PSN and buy Mutant Blobs Attack.

cyborg009

Banned

Switch that with unit 13 and your good!( buy Ragnarok Odyssey or NFS:MW)

darkwing

psv.png

Where's LBP???

and oh welcome fellow vitabro :)

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Orgarhythm, Acquire and Neilo’s upcoming music and real-time strategy rhythm game, will launch for PlayStation Vita via PlayStation Network in North America on October 23 for $29.99, publisher Xseed Games has announced.

neat

MARINA DEL REY, CALIF. (October 8, 2012) – GungHo Online Entertainment America , a multiplatform publisher for the international gaming community, today confirmed that the company’s first title, Dokuro, will be released as a digital PlayStation®Vita system download on the PlayStation®Network on October 16. A creative blend of quirky puzzle and platform gameplay, Dokuro is a unique action puzzle game that utilizes both front and back touch panels to allow players to transform back and forth between character forms to utilize various skills and abilities, as well as manipulate the environment around them.

http://www.gunghoonline.com/2012/10...ase-date-for-dokuro-on-playstationvitasystem/

Awesome. So much digital Vita excellence this month.

- RCR
- JGR
- Dokuro
- Doctor Who (arguable)
- New Little King's Story (arguable)

Arguable as arguable good.

Sid

Try the demo for resistance first,i like the game but it has proven to be quite polarizing here and add unit 13 and rayman to that list.

kiyomi

psv.png

Congrats! :D

Some really good choices there.

Wow, didn't take long for that Assassin's Creed thread to turn into "Vita has no games" did it?

Did you all see this gameplay? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhwjO0MXDLE

It's a month old but i hadn't seen it before. Looks soooo good.

Holy...that looks amazing. I am short on money but it seems like its good fps and decent AC mechanics which I know I like. So even if it falls short on story and other elements then I think it could still justify a day 1. It's sort of asking for a lot but I really hope that it's the same length as a console equivalent AC game.

So I've been playing a lot of planetside 2 lately and thinking how amazing a similar game would be on the vita. A online only mmofps could really show off what makes the vita so good... Pity it'll never happen :(

How is there still no release date for Ratchet and Clank Full Frontal Assault?
Can't wait to get some mad vita gaming on with that

Insomniac has left such a bad taste in my mouth as of late, I find it difficult to muster up much hype and good will for Full Frontal Assault. A Crack in Time was ace, but since then it seems the series has been losing its way.

Insomniac has left such a bad taste in my mouth as of late, I find it difficult to muster up much hype and good will for Full Frontal Assault. A Crack in Time was ace, but since then it seems the series has been losing its way.

Yeah I agree. Hoping they redeem themselves with FFA

Sid

Yeah I agree. Hoping they redeem themselves with FFA
The game is a lot different than acit and 'replayability based' has tower defense too,i think it'll suck.How far has insomniac fallen after resistance 3 is just baffling.I need more games like resistance 3 and acit damnit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom