• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.
PSY・S;42442063 said:
Some Liberation bullshots.

acl14b3j6k.jpg

acl1711kis.jpg

acl13sgk10.jpg

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=492698
Need actual game screenshots, not these.

What if these are not bullshots? What if the power of the Vita is truly infinite? What if it was all a big conspiracy? It all makes sense now! Just like with the electric car and nuclear fusion. The Vita is the thing that should not be!! Roswell! Roswell!!!!

subtles

I absolutely love the Vita's twitter app. I thought that the one on the iPhone was good but everything about the Vita's app feels right. I also really like Sound Shapes, and I'm considering picking up another PSN title. There is a consensus here that Mutant Blobs is excellent if I am not mistaken?

crinale

The Soul Sacrifice seemed like it was running at Vita's native resolution.
However it was so fast-paced so I may be wrong.

Kyon

Banned
I absolutely love the Vita's twitter app. I thought that the one on the iPhone was good but everything about the Vita's app feels right. I also really like Sound Shapes, and I'm considering picking up another PSN title. There is a consensus here that Mutants Blobs is excellent if I am not mistaken?

Don't let Carl catch you lmfao

darkwing

I absolutely love the Vita's twitter app. I thought that the one on the iPhone was good but everything about the Vita's app feels right. I also really like Sound Shapes, and I'm considering picking up another PSN title. There is a consensus here that Mutant Blobs is excellent if I am not mistaken?

Mutant Blobs, yes!

Jintor

What should I grab on PSN besides Sound Shapes? I'm thinking of catching up on stuff I missed like Disagae, Tactics Ogre, and FFT. I'm on the AU store if that's any difference.

Money is tight so the cheaper the better!

What should I grab on PSN besides Sound Shapes? I'm thinking of catching up on stuff I missed like Disagae, Tactics Ogre, and FFT. I'm on the AU store if that's any difference.

So you ended up getting Deek's Vita? Good job!

Everybody's Golf is a good game to get. Super Stardust too.

Forget Tactics Ogre and Disgaea. Just buy FFT and Jeanne d'Arc and you are all set ;-)

Not on the Aus store :/

One of the most irritating things this gen, all those different stores. I know, probably due to legal things but I would thank our Lord Saviour on my bare knees if Sony would intergrate all stores in one unified store.

Such a shame you can't play Jeanne d'Arc. While not perfect at all it was and is a highly entertaining, well crafted and deep game.

You don't have a PSP lying around?

chizmiz

Banned

Super Stardust Delta is good arcade fun.

Thanks, looks pretty damn good actually. But its "free to play" meaning you have to spend money to actually advance in the game, right? I'm personally not a fan of that model.

You can spend money to advance quicker, but the game is actually pretty dang fair for non-payers. I think publishers are realizing more and more that pay to win is a huge turn off.

One of the most irritating things this gen, all those different stores. I know, probably due to legal things but I would thank our Lord Saviour on my bare knees if Sony would intergrate all stores in one unified store.

Such a shame you can't play Jeanne d'Arc. While not perfect at all it was and is a highly entertaining, well crafted and deep game.

You don't have a PSP lying around?

I would love if Sony opened an international store, Euros still didn't get CS:GO a month later.

You can spend money to advance quicker, but the game is actually pretty dang fair for non-payers. I think publishers are realizing more and more that pay to win is a huge turn off.

Aye. My concern is that the model has already been sullied by the "pay 2 win" tag, and it'll take quite a lot of effort to get rid of it. Hell, there's people openly calling League of Legends "pay to win" now that Dota 2 and HoN got rid of the "you have to unlock heroes" element, the definition of "pay to win" seems to be getting broader.

subtles

PSP games on the store are very expensive. I don't mind the price for the really good RPGs, but some of the prices are unrealistic really. $40 for a game where the UMD equivalent costs $15-20 is sad really.

Vitacat

PSP games on the store are very expensive. I don't mind the price for the really good RPGs, but some of the prices are unrealistic really. $40 for a game where the UMD equivalent costs $15-20 is sad really.

Yep. PSN pricing in general is horribly mismanaged. I suspect way more money would come in if prices were lower in general. People buy more if they feel theyre getting a good deal. Less profit margin per game, but more per customer. But unfortunately Sony is Sony.

Yeah wtf, some of those games should be just €10, no ones going to pay €40 for a psp game anymore. I think Vita games should also be €30 max.

chizmiz

Banned
Yeah wtf, some of those games should be just €10, no ones going to pay €40 for a psp game anymore. I think Vita games should also be €30 max.

I haven't gotten a single PSP game yet, precisely for this reason. Price it around 10€ and I probably would have gotten like 10 of them already. Sony's loss really.

I haven't gotten a single PSP game yet, precisely for this reason. Price it around 10€ and I probably would have gotten like 10 of them already. Sony's loss really.

An idea for Sony:

Organize a summer/winter deal like Steam for PS+ subscribers and see how many people will get PS+

chizmiz

Banned
An idea for Sony:

Organize a summer/winter deal like Steam for PS+ subscribers and see how many people will get PS+

That would totally work.

Nintendo is doing a parallel mistake: I'm currently buying quite a few DS games for my 3DS, because I find them used for around 10€. If they were downloadable, I would not bother with ebay. What's my alternative? Buy some game boy downloadable for 5€? I'd rather get ace attorney 4 or a Layton game for a bit more.

I mean, it's not rocket science, what are they thinking? To think of all those public stances against the used market and piracy...

Really tempted to buy a Vita but I'll probably wait for the inevitable price cut (early next year hopefully as it looks like they won't be cutting the price this year) and more titles that I really want to play.

Right now, the only games I really want to are Uncharted: GA and LBP Vita.

chizmiz

Banned
Really tempted to buy a Vita but I'll probably wait for the inevitable price cut (early next year hopefully as it looks like they won't be cutting the price this year) and more titles that I really want to play.

Right now, the only games I really want to are Uncharted: GA and LBP Vita.

By the way, I don't know if everyone can benefit from such a deal, but a friend of mine bought a Vaio laptop online, and I asked her to add a Vita to her shopping (promotional sale): in the end, I bought the Vita from her for what she paid, which was 98€...

By the way, I don't know if everyone can benefit from such a deal, but a friend of mine bought a Vaio laptop online, and I asked her to add a Vita to her shopping (promotional sale): in the end, I bought the Vita from her for what she paid, which was 98€...

I hope they keep that deal, I wanna replace my Vaio with a new one next year. :)

Powerwing

You can have it for 1€ if you buy Bravia EX65, HX75 or HX85 TV
For 99€ if you buy VAIO S13 / VAIO S15 / VAIO E14

Jawmuncher

So can someone help me out here.

I have 2 vitas and two copies of umvc3.
Same firmware as well.
However they will not connect to each other in adhoc.
I've tried everything

Airplane Mode On
Airplane mode Off
Automatic Adhoc Channel
Individuail Adhoc channel.
bluetooth on and off

At first I thought it was maybe a update on the game but that's not the case, because these 2 vitas have played together before. Any ideas?

Quake1028

So, what's everyone been playing on their Vita? For me I've been dabbling in Madden 13, nothing too serious yet, about to start up a franchise. Also, I have FIFA 13 coming on Tuesday. Loving the Vita for sports games.

Carl

So, what's everyone been playing on their Vita? For me I've been dabbling in Madden 13, nothing too serious yet, about to start up a franchise. Also, I have FIFA 13 coming on Tuesday. Loving the Vita for sports games.

LittleBigPlanet for the last few days. Lovin' it so much. Dunno what the next game will be. My mind is blanking on upcoming games and their release dates.

Kerub

Banned
LittleBigPlanet for the last few days. Lovin' it so much. Dunno what the next game will be. My mind is blanking on upcoming games and their release dates.

Ragnarok Odyssey is in October, right? At least in NA. :(

Personally I can't wait for Knytt!

LuchaShaq

Banned

Persona 3 and valkiyria chronicles 2, mostly just waiting for ACL and P4G and playing my psp backlog waiting.

Sid

Same firmware as well.
I've tried everything

Airplane Mode On
Airplane mode Off
Automatic Adhoc Channel
bluetooth on and off

At first I thought it was maybe a update on the game but that's not the case, because these 2 vitas have played together before. Any ideas?
Why do you have 2 vitas?Psn account problem or sonething?

Rasec

for now i'm on the Little big Planet train and a little of sunflower.
And tomorrow i'll have dokuro and my mind is still making me the urge to get wipeout but for now i haven't bought it yet. xP

JoshHood

Same firmware as well.
I've tried everything

Airplane Mode On
Airplane mode Off
Automatic Adhoc Channel
bluetooth on and off

Not sure, but if they are on the same PSN account, it could be that they don't like connecting for that reason.

LittleBigPlanet arrived yesterday, so I'm loving playing through that at the moment :D Borderlands 2 should arrive tomorrow, and my iPhone next week though so probably won't be playing handheld much until I go away for a few days at the end of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom