• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takao

Banned
Don't care if the game looks like ass, but I just hope it's on ACII or AC:B or AC:R level when it comes to gameplay time.

But that's dreaming too high I guess. 15 hours maybe?

12-15 hours is the estimated play through time. Do remember, it'll be $40 and has multiplayer.

Sid

I KNOW!

Then all the reviews and impressions from you guys came out and I totally flip-flopped. Hah <3
Lol ok then, it's the best LBP so far and the touch has been used very well like with guiding bullets etc. so i think you'll like it.

sajj316

Anyone making an Official Thread for PSM? I can assist with info gathering. I'd make the thread but with 3 kids below 5, I'm sparse for time.

subtles

Can anyone confirm whether Fifa 13 Vita is coming on the 25th? I ask because my local game store has the US version of both Fifa 13 console games but doesn't have the Vita version. No screenshots or videos of the game in action really make me wonder what happened to the title. With many fans saying Madden 13 is a half-baked game, I fear for Fifa Vita.

Sporran

Im sooooo dull, duuurrrrr

Was just thinking about redownloading wipeout to the ps3 and then to transfer. I thought thats the way you always had to do it.

Clicked history on store on the vita, omfg all the stuff i had downloaded for the ps3 is there with download now ;D

Im now downloading:
wipeout
destruction derby
rally cross
resident evil
crash bandicoot
arc the lad
speedball 2
and many many more

Man i have so many games

Durr im think

spannicus

Can anyone confirm whether Fifa 13 Vita is coming on the 25th? I ask because my local game store has the US version of both Fifa 13 console games but doesn't have the Vita version. No screenshots or videos of the game in action really make me wonder what happened to the title. With many fans saying Madden 13 is a half-baked title, I fear for Fifa Vita.

Very strange. I have no idea who is supposed to be marketing the game. This is the kind of stuff that bothers me about the way the Vita is being treated, it fuels the Vita bad talk fire.

Can anyone confirm whether Fifa 13 Vita is coming on the 25th? I ask because my local game store has the US version of both Fifa 13 console games but doesn't have the Vita version. No screenshots or videos of the game in action really make me wonder what happened to the title. With many fans saying Madden 13 is a half-baked game, I fear for Fifa Vita.

Fifa will probably be an updated Fifa Football.

spannicus

After seeing what uncharted and Liberation looks like it baffles me that studios are second guessing the Vita. The thing is capable of amazing feats. Who wouldn't want to develop something exclusive for it. Side note I just had to say a that that EX troopers game would have looked awesome on the Vita.

Vitacat

I've never had a problem either. I think Vitacat is stealing other people's credit cards. :(

Not funny to me right now.

Also, I am not the only one experiencing this. It's something to do with PSN's security protocols. They are very fucked up. A few weeks ago I also thought people complaining about this were just weird or something. But once it happens to you, it's extremely aggravating.

If they charged tax for giftcard/any kind of card that has cash value in it, then you can sue their ass off. It's illegal in all 50 states in United States.

return the card and complain to manager, or buy it from somewhere else.

Good to know. Thanks.

Have you tried buying codes from Best Buy?

They don't seem to sell them anymore. It says "sold out" on bestbuy.com. If you have a link to actually buy them from BB let me know.

i.e http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+Co...256566354&skuId=1415688&st=psn code&cp=1&lp=4

Takao

Banned
After seeing what uncharted and Liberation looks like it baffles me that studios are second guessing the Vita. The thing is capable of amazing feats. Who wouldn't want to develop something exclusive for it. Side note I just had to say a that that EX troopers game would have looked awesome on the Vita.

I understand wh E.X. Troopers is on 3DS since it seems that's being made from the remains of Mega Man Legends 3, but I dunno why that's on PS3.

So what ps1 games hold up well in Dat OLED?

Klonoa, and Tomba for starters.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE

you can call me darling if i can call you sweetie
Never mind then. :(

Also, I am not the only one experiencing this. It's something to do with PSN's security protocols. They are very fucked up. A few weeks ago I also thought people complaining about this were just weird or something. But once it happens to you, it's extremely aggravating.
Never said you were, although I switched debit cards and never encountered any issues, so I was reaffirming what Carl said. Are you switching between cards of two different companies (both cards I used were Visa)? I haven't read all of your posts, but did you try buying PSN cards from Best Buy? That's what I've done in the past and I've never had problems and the codes have always been sent instantly.

Vitacat

Never mind then. :(

Never said you were, although I switched debit cards and never encountered any issues, so I was reaffirming what Carl said. Are you switching between cards of two different companies (both cards I used were Visa)? I haven't read all of your posts, but did you try buying PSN cards from Best Buy? That's what I've done in the past and I've never had problems and the codes have always been sent instantly.

My cards are all Visa. All in my name.

See my reply to you above. BB doesn't sell codes anymore, apparently. It says "sold out online" for them. For example:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+Co...256566354&skuId=1415688&st=psn code&cp=1&lp=4

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Einhander, why do you gotta put salt in the wound of it being on the Japan store for six years and not on the US store for as long? :(

subtles

Every time I try to put in the code of the PSN card I bought I get this error:

"The Prepaid Card code you entered is incorrect or is no longer valid"

It stills shows the value of the card however. Contacting Sony, they said that if I don't have the receipt they can't do anything. Anyone encounter something like this and solve it successfully or did I just lose $50?

Ponn

Banned
Einhander, why do you gotta put salt in the wound of it being on the Japan store for six years and not on the US store for as long? :(

Muhahaha, FEEL MY PAIN! Here, no really feel it. I think its infected or something.

It stills shows the value of the card however. Contacting Sony, they said that if I don't have the receipt they can't do anything. Anyone encounter something like this and solve it successfully or did I just lose $50?

That has always been my worst fear when buying prepaid cards from stores. Sounds like you have to go back to where you got it from and try to get a receipt.

Vitacat

Where did you get it? Sounds like someone used the code already?!

All this crap with buying stuff on PSN almost makes me want to quit Sony products altogether. Should not be such a damn struggle.

it's okay. i'm locked out from using any card. dat effort to call sony to see how long it is or can it be removed. been like this for over a month lol.

Are you f-ing serious?! Been locked out for a month? I don't know what to say to that. I'm giving it another 72 hours as recommended by Sony "support" (can't touch my PSN account for 3 days). If I'm still fucked after that then I don't know. I might just stop buying Vita games completely, play what I currently have to the end, and then put the Vita in the closet to collect dust. Customers shouldn't have to struggle to buy stuff.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
My cards are all Visa. All in my name.

See my reply to you above. BB doesn't sell codes anymore, apparently. It says "sold out online" for them. For example:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+Co...256566354&skuId=1415688&st=psn code&cp=1&lp=4
That's really strange. I didn't see your edit, but I'm surprised that they're all sold out. PC Game Supply has $20 PSN cards in stock, but it seems you have to pay a $5 activation fee. TurkishEmperor seems to be happy with them though.

Kazerei

Banned
How's Disgaea Vita, bros?

Amazing! Disgaea is my favorite SRPG series. It's easy to learn, yet has deep gameplay mechanics. It has a humorous story, fast-paced battles, and interesting puzzles. Plus, the Vita version has lots of added content and makes it easier to grind post-game. The only downside is the graphics, but whatever.

subtles

Where did you get it? Sounds like someone used the code already?!

All this crap with buying stuff on PSN almost makes me want to quit Sony products altogether. Should not be such a damn struggle.

I bought it from a shop here overseas. (I do have a US account, and the card is for the US region) I don't think anybody used the card since the value of $50 is shown just before I confirm I want to add it to my account, that is when I get the error. I think it may not have been activated at register, but I really don't know.

Akainu

I understand wh E.X. Troopers is on 3DS since it seems that's being made from the remains of Mega Man Legends 3, but I dunno why that's on PS3.

Which is even funnier because they showed Lost Plant 2 running on it when it was still the ngp.

Takao

Banned

Login into SonyEntertainmentNetwork.com and see if you can redeem it on their site.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
I bought it from a shop here overseas. (I do have a US account, and the card is for the US region) I don't think anybody used the card since the value of $50 is shown just before I confirm I want to add it to my account, that is when I get the error.
Going by other people who have had this problem online, it seems like there have been people who have mistyped the code, used the code for the wrong region, or have tried the code too many times and have been locked out. If your problem doesn't fall into any of the above, it sounds like the store you bought it from didn't activate the card correctly.

subtles

Going by other people who have had this problem online, it seems like there have been people who have mistyped the code, used the code for the wrong region, or have tried the code too many times and have been locked out. If your problem doesn't fall into any of the above, it sounds like the store you bought it from didn't activate the card correctly.

If the problem is activation, does that mean only Sony can activate it at this point? The shop I bought it from didn't provide a receipt so their is no "proof of purchase".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom