• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyogen

Neo Member
yeah, hopefully the vitabros will make a lot of good levels... good news is every single Vita owner will most likely buy LBP

never understood people's complaints about the physics in the original LBPs... They were perfectly fine I thought. A little more floaty than Mario, but not in a bad way.

I like the LBP series but I've always had a problem with the physics and how it controlled. When community made levels required me to go down a hole or whatnot, it always posed a problem. Plus everything just seemed so bogged down and slow, and jumps were like groggy. They would be okay in other games, but it feels... odd in a platformer like LBP. It's hard to explain for me.

Rasec

Well, finally got time to try lbp and it's a good game but it simple can't make me glued to the vita for more than one hour but i guess i'll come back to the game some good times.
Guess rayman was more addiction to me on the vita.

And Monday i'll go get my copy of dokuro! *__*

If only it would surpass ios device sales or game support xD
shots fired

Haha, top 30 posters made half the posts in last thread :O
I hope we'll see a lot of new faces in the coming holiday months.
I want to be optimistic and say yes, but I dunno...

Any sales coming up? I want to grab HSG, VT4, and possibly Unit 13 or Resistance.
I assume you mean digitally(and NA but who knows), right? If so, :lol. SCEA still has yet to match the MSRP for a bunch of Vita games on PSN(like HSG and Wipeout).

Rasec

I want Sony to make a Vita tablet. 7" and 10", wouldn't that be awesome? Physical buttons on the side. Sony makes the bubble OS as attractive as Android etc.

Not a bad ideia but for the time being i guess it's hard to compete with the ipad.

I have both and while the ipad has some good games here and there and there was a year i got dedicated to ios gaming the thing is i got tired of their games and i got pushed to the vita in hope i could get other kind of games and experiences to have more fun in gaming and for now it's achieving that.

Wonko_C

My game says I played through Cat Food 11 times, but that doesn't count all the times I had to restart, so probably around 20 times. For Dye it says 8 times, but I'm pretty sure it really was around 20 as well.

And I had no idea there were items that did that in this game. I'm assuming some Hatsune Miku wiki out there has details about what the items do. Can you still get perfects if you use them?

Also I'm kind of glad there isn't a traditional DJMAX game on Vita as of now. My Vita buttons would be ruined after a week lol.

That was the joke.

You can still get it to count as perfect but it will put a green heart next to it. Other items won't let you clear the song and the result will be "cheap"

Takao

Banned
btw, why do you get banned from here and all the events anyway? trolling? streaking? :p

You see, I was born into a nudist colony... Seriously though, I sometimes make stupid posts. My 3 month vacation that saw me miss E3 was due to doing the whole "Vita is doomed lol" joke a trillion times before launch. Many realized it was a joke, others didn't, and some who realized it was a joke grew tired of it a long time ago. The 3 week ban I got most recently (which made me miss Gamescom) was due to a rude comment I made about another member. In my defense, it was tame but still uncalled for. I'm not sure if the mods who banned me timed it so I'd miss major trade events, or what.

Not a bad ideia but for the time being i guess it's hard to compete with the ipad.

I have both and while the ipad has some good games here and there and there was a year i got dedicated to ios gaming the thing is i got tired of their games and i got pushed to the vita in hope i could get other kind of games and experiences to have more fun in gaming and for now it's achieving that.

The PS Store would be revamped a lot for the tablet, it would need Play store kind of content where people and not only Sony put apps.

Derrick01

Banned
You see, I was born into a nudist colony... Seriously though, I sometimes make stupid posts. My 3 month vacation that saw me miss E3 was due to doing the whole "Vita is doomed lol" joke a trillion times before launch. Many realized it was a joke, others didn't, and some who realized it was a joke grew tired of it a long time ago. The 3 week ban I got most recently (which made me miss Gamescom) was due to a rude comment I made about another member. In my defense, it was tame but still uncalled for. I'm not sure if the mods who banned me timed it so I'd miss major trade events, or what.

I try to go out of my way to tone down my posts when it's near E3 time. It's no secret that the mods are out in force ready to crush the stupidity that seemingly comes out of nowhere on this site during that time. Posters we've never seen before come out to cause shit and the mods are extra sensitive.

Skyzard

Banned
I didn't play LBP2 but did have 1 - was put off quite quickly by it. Loving LBPV.

About the level editor - it is quite deep, it's not as simple as sound shape's but that's not entirely a bad thing as it does lead to some pretty varied designs. I'm hoping this takes off as the definitive version so we get a decent amount of quality community levels. Tbh, especially as a platformer, it really suits the vita well too!

I wanted to enjoy LBP1 but found it slightly too frustrating, too often, perhaps it was the controls..slight lag / time taken to jump into community levels you liked, I don't know...but this just has it right.

That gif I posted earlier showing the jumps - that really showed off the game well I thought, you can't do that if the controls are loose...it was really some tight platforming. I've only played the tutorial levels so far so I'm not expecting anything too challenging, but that community level...really minimised any worries I had with the controls/possibilities of this game.

sajj316

If you're going to harass Kojima, you'd better tweet at his Japanese account (@kojima_hideo), because I'm pretty sure he doesn't even look at his mentions on @hideo_kojima_en. Chances are he still won't reply, but at least he may see the tweets.

Noted

hyogen

Neo Member
I thought you guys were talking about the actual events and not on just NeoGAF... -_-

Anyone else getting a MS Surface when it comes out next month? Supposedly it'll be $199.........10" screen. I'm dumping my ipad 2 on my wife and getting that for sure :D $300 would even be okay

hyogen

Neo Member

darkwing

any apps that we know will be available right off the bat? when is crunchy roll coming again?

I actually really like the Flickr app - if it didn't crash so much when trying to look at your recently uploaded pics..

Hope they make a 500px app. Let's see...

the Twitter App is ace too

MisterC20XX

I might need to import 'Hatsune Miku -Project DIVA- f' seeing that I just spent the last hour transfixed by "live" concert videos on YouTube. o_0

Skyzard

Banned
I hope not! This is one of the few retail games for Vita that I'm looking forward to for the remainder of this year.

I know how you feel but I would always prefer a delay to them releasing another modnation racers...stable fps please guys. Do it right.

Any ideas where that rumour started?

Skyzard

Banned
Thanks for the heads up, I'll be watching this one.

There is no online play for ModNation, right?

No online play (minus ghosts for time trial), laggy framerate, pretty bad AI mechanics. Good mechanics in all other areas (including the core racing and drifting/items/levels!! - lot of content which makes it a real shame...) but nearly always affected by the lag. Never received any updates or fixes. A bug exists when you download too much user-created-content which really fucks with the game too- especially loading times..need to wipe save file to fix.

I bought it at full-price. Definitely not worth it (furiously so). At the reduced price on the UK store now...I'd grab it if you can't wait to see what S&S all-stars racing transformed will be like - with expectations in check.

MisterC20XX

No online play (minus ghosts for time trial), laggy framerate, pretty bad AI mechanics. Good mechanics in all other areas (including the core racing and drifting/items/levels!! - lot of content) but nearly always affected by the lag. Never received any updates or fixes. A bug exists when you download too much user-created-content which really fucks with the game too- especially loading times..need to wipe save file to fix.

I bought it at full-price. Definitely not worth it (furiously so). At the reduced price on the UK store now...I'd grab it if you can't wait to see what S&S all-stars racing transformed will be like - with expectations in check.

Thanks for the recap, too bad it turned out like it did.

Yeah, hopefully the Sonic racing game gets it right. I need an arcade mp racer on my Vita.

Skyzard

Banned
Thanks for the recap, too bad it turned out like it did.

Yeah, hopefully the Sonic racing game gets it right. I need an arcade mp racer on my Vita.

No problem and yep, definitely a shame (I edited that in a bit too late) as the game had some real promise...just needed the fixes to really be a hit for me personally - and actually for a lot of others too.

The flaws were too big, despite the game being fantastic in many other ways.

Really hoping SS covers it too...would prefer it to LBP karting tbh. - don't let us down! (no gameplay clips yet :( )

MisterC20XX

I know how you feel but I would always prefer a delay to them releasing another modnation racers...stable fps please guys. Do it right.

Any ideas where that rumour started?

A press release from EA Poland on 9/19 states the 360 and PS3 versions are still arriving in late October while the Vita version is now slated for "Spring 2013." The story was picked up by a few different PlayStation specific forums. Right now it's unknown if this applies only to the Polish release.

Skyzard

Banned
A press release from EA Poland on 9/19 states the 360 and PS3 versions are still arriving in late October while the Vita version is now slated for "Spring 2013." The story was picked up by a few different PlayStation specific forums. Right now it's unknown if this applies only to the Polish release.

Very strange, should be able to get clarification from EA soon hopefully. Thanks ... slightly worrying though yes..

Also, one of the apps mentioned in hyogen's link, Imaginstruments, sounds pretty neat:

Finally there's Imaginstruments, a synthesiser featuring drums, a guitar, theremin and violin. You can then record and fiddle with tracks and share them with others.

960x-1

Agent X

That's true. I'd rather wait a few months longer if it means we'd get a high-quality, polished production (which is what I would expect from Criterion) rather than something that's rushed and sloppy.

I got ModNation Racers a few months ago for $11.99. It's a fun game, and worth what I paid for it, but I still lament that it was rushed out the door with frame rate issues and no online play just so they could pad out the launch library (which didn't need padding). Two or three months more in the oven could have turned it from a merely "OK" game to a true Mario Kart competitor. It also would've padded out the slow May/June period that we endured.

Skyzard

Banned
That's true. I'd rather wait a few months longer if it means we'd get a high-quality, polished production (which is what I would expect from Criterion) rather than something that's rushed and sloppy.

I got ModNation Racers a few months ago for $11.99. It's a fun game, and worth what I paid for it, but I still lament that it was rushed out the door with frame rate issues and no online play just so they could pad out the launch library (which didn't need padding). Two or three months more in the oven could have turned it from a merely "OK" game to a true Mario Kart competitor. It also would've padded out the slow May/June period that we endured.

If only..! And totally right about hitting that dry period with the vita games too.

And NFS MW could be a game I play for years (well 1-3 years!) to come if it's made well, so I really do want them to get it right before release....have my fingers crossed real bad for that one (and all-stars racing actually).

Always sucks when you see people playing it on other platforms while waiting for the vita version though.. (JSR :( ). I know I actually would prefer JSR on the vita if it is the same full game like it seemed from the E3 vids (a sony blog reply has me a little worried as he said "it's a different game, sort of" - when talking about the vita version vs ps3. :S).

A portable burnout paradise game would be pretty revolutionary too...so I would probably be able to wait for that as well if done right..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom