• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl

for now i'm on the Little big Planet train and a little of sunflower.

Sunflowers is really pretty cool. Nice game for the price. Pretty fun. Gets a little repetitive though. Even so, well worth the couple of quid it costs. Recommend it to any US owner when SunFlowers is finally out on NA store :).

Anyone else rather looking forward to PSM? I hate mobile games but quite looking forward to that. No idea why.

Takao

Banned
AR Ice Hockey is out this week.

Am I that desperate for a portable hockey game? It's AR, so it's not really even portable. : /

Carl

AR Ice Hockey is out this week.

Am I that desperate for a portable hockey game? It's AR, so it's not really even portable. : /

Tabletop Tanks is AR and has been near the top of the Best Sellers since Vita game out. Someone out there must like them, lol.

With LBP having all these online gizmos, I'm getting more and more annoyed at how the Vita handles the PSN. I bought the system months ago, but in all honesty, I still have no idea what it's doing all the time.

- When is it checking for messages and friend requests? Are the corresponding apps required to run in the background?
- When does "near" check for new stuff? Sometimes it seems I have to check it manually to find stuff, and so on.
- What does the system do when it's in sleep mode and how often does it check for updates?

Concerning the options, I've tried to set everything so that the Vita should do most of the stuff as often as possible and automatically. But it kinda doesn't happen. :(

Carl

With LBP having all these online gizmos, I'm getting more and more annoyed at how the Vita handles the PSN. I bought the system months ago, but in all honesty, I still have no idea what it's doing all the time.

- When is it checking for messages and friend requests? Are the corresponding apps required to run in the background?
- When does "near" check for new stuff? Sometimes it seems I have to check it manually to find stuff, and so on.
- What does the system do when it's in sleep mode and how often does it check for updates?

Concerning the options, I've tried to set everything so that the Vita should do most of the stuff as often as possible and automatically. But it kinda doesn't happen. :(

Checks for messages however often you tell it to, whether the app is running or not.

Think near checks every few hours? I forget. It's in the Near settings though. It'll do an update on its own but won't download stuff on its own unless you specifically tell it to (download a game good and it will ask if you want it to auto download any item from that game).

In sleep mode it will continue checking messages and updating Near at regular intervals.

Rasec

Sunflowers is really pretty cool. Nice game for the price. Pretty fun. Gets a little repetitive though. Even so, well worth the couple of quid it costs. Recommend it to any US owner when SunFlowers is finally out on NA store :).

Anyone else rather looking forward to PSM? I hate mobile games but quite looking forward to that. No idea why.

yup, sunflowers is cool for that price and it might get repetitive but it's one of those games will go play it here and there. when you feel like it.

well, mobile games is the new thing on gaming and even if some of us are sick of them they're are needed in every console.

So you can see in tokyo game show, 70% of the games there were for phones and tablets.

Torraz

Is there a way to change PSN account (Eu->US->Eu) without having to redo my settings, background, etc. every time?

Torraz

Buying a new memorycard? :(

If I have two memory cards can I simply pop them out and in and not have to do the reset trick thingy, or how would this work? Might get another memory card around Christmas. Should be cheaper going with a US account, at least part time, if, according to that other thread, Bestbuy sells US PSN credit without any upcharges like resellers...

ZeroAKA

I'm still debating whether to buy LBP Vita. Is the general consensus here that even those who didn't like LBP1/2/PSP too much could still enjoy the Vita version?

Mzo

If I have two memory cards can I simply pop them out and in and not have to do the reset trick thingy, or how would this work? Might get another memory card around Christmas. Should be cheaper going with a US account, at least part time, if, according to that other thread, Bestbuy sells US PSN credit without any upcharges like resellers...
Changing memory cards is a nightmare. I wouldn't recommend it.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm still debating whether to buy LBP Vita. Is the general consensus here that even those who didn't like LBP1/2/PSP too much could still enjoy the Vita version?

I played the first two and didn't enjoy them much. LBPV is pretty awesome, though. The platforming physics feel much more refined and less floaty/awkward this time around.

chizmiz

Banned

I was never interested in the first two LBP, and I actually never tried them as I did not expect to enjoy it based on what I could read: poor platforming, floaty jumps, etc. I got LBP Vita and I am more than pleasantly surprised. Very legit gameplay, it keeps me interested.

Carl

Definitely the best LBP in the series. Tarsier said there would be a demo on release day, but i haven't seen one...

Vitacat

I hate, loathe and despise PSN so much.

I'm locked out of buying stuff on PSN AGAIN for 3 days apparently. From what I can decipher, all because I dared change CC info to use different cards. Sony is the only company I have ever encountered that actively makes it difficult for customers to buy stuff.

Yes, I could buy a PSN card at a local store, but I'm crippled with a bad sprain right now. (Plus I think they'd charge me sales tax?) I could also buy a code from Gamestop.com, which I did earlier this week. But the 2nd time around they had some sort of fuckup and cancelled the order. So I don't trust them. Plus they take 24-48 hours to even send the code.

It should not be this damn hard to buy stuff. And I bet managers at Sony wonder why they get so much hate, and why they're doing so badly. Yeah, big fucking mystery, assholes.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Playing Wipeout, nice game. Going for the plat if Zico thinks I am worthy.

Good luck with that. I never got Beat Zico in HD and the HD trophies are kinda why I haven't picked up 2048. Too insane in the membrane for my blood.

(Flatspinning on the ground quickly. ;___; Elite AI cheats ;___;)

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Yes, I could buy a PSN card at a local store, but I'm crippled with a bad sprain right now. (Plus I think they'd charge me sales tax?) I could also buy a code from Gamestop.com, which I did earlier this week. But the 2nd time around they had some sort of fuckup and cancelled the order. So I don't trust them. Plus they take 24-48 hours to even send the code.
Have you tried buying codes from Best Buy?

Carl

I'm locked out of buying stuff on PSN AGAIN for 3 days apparently. From what I can decipher, all because I dared change CC info to use different cards. Sony is the only company I have ever encountered that actively makes it difficult for customers to buy stuff.

It should not be this damn hard to buy stuff. And I bet managers at Sony wonder why they get so much hate, and why they're doing so badly. Yeah, big fucking mystery, assholes.

Weird. Never done anything like to to me before when i've changed credit/debit card.

PSY・S;42449301 said:
Because I wanted people to actually visit the thread/source.

Oh yeah those bullshits reminded me.

At the PlayStation On Campus thing where I played Liberation I used the "kill everybody button" once it was left on the d-pad I think. Anyhow, you pushed the button everything froze and depending on what weapon you had equipped the icon would appear above the enemies in front of you and all you did was tap the icon over the specific enemy and I think push the button again and she did it.

Only did it the once because I don't use stuff like that all the time, and I mainly forgot it even existed.

Edit: And oh yeah, after playing the game those bullshots make me laugh everytime I see them. The game looks good but absolutely NOWHERE near that good.

ZeroAKA

I was never interested in the first two LBP, and I actually never tried them as I did not expect to enjoy it based on what I could read: poor platforming, floaty jumps, etc. I got LBP Vita and I am more than pleasantly surprised. Very legit gameplay, it keeps me interested.
Definitely the best LBP in the series. Tarsier said there would be a demo on release day, but i haven't seen one...
Thanks, I'll wait for the demo then. If the demo isn't out this week, I'll probably buy it anyways if the digital version comes with the preorder costumes.

Shinriji

Good luck with that. I never got Beat Zico in HD and the HD trophies are kinda why I haven't picked up 2048. Too insane in the membrane for my blood.

(Flatspinning on the ground quickly. ;___; Elite AI cheats ;___;)

I am so proud of my Wipeout HD plat. More that all the other plats together.

kuroshiki

If they charged tax for giftcard/any kind of card that has cash value in it, then you can sue their ass off. It's illegal in all 50 states in United States.

return the card and complain to manager, or buy it from somewhere else.

dsigns1

I am. I play quite a bit of games on my iphone & ipad, but every game I play I always say in the back of mind "if this game only had actual controls". Super Crate Box especially. Can't wait to see what other games jump on board.

Radec

PSY・S;42442063 said:
Some Liberation bullshots.

acl14b3j6k.jpg

acl1711kis.jpg

acl13sgk10.jpg

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=492698

Don't care if the game looks like ass, but I just hope it's on ACII or AC:B or AC:R level when it comes to gameplay time.

But that's dreaming too high I guess. 15 hours maybe?

Carl

I am. I play quite a bit of games on my iphone & ipad, but every game I play I always say in the back of mind "if this game only had actual controls". Super Crate Box especially. Can't wait to see what other games jump on board.

Yeah exactly. Super Crate Box should be fun. Probably be one of my first purchases on PSM.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Switching accounts even with two memory cards is a pain in the ass. Why can't Sony just make it like the first PSP and simply log-in/out? :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom