• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterC20XX

What exactly are the rules of the $100 PSN promotion thing? Do you need a PS+ account for it?

No, you don't need a PS+ account. You just need to spend $100 from your PSN wallet during the month of October. It's not just games either, you could buy a 12-month PS+ sub and be half way there.

Edit: beaten like a mule.

FireCloud

IMO you should get at least a 16. Then in a little while you'll wish you got a 32.

But at least you won't be stuck with something shitty like 4 or 8.

I agree. Especially if you have or plan on getting PS+. With a 4 or 8GB managing PS+ content may be an ordeal.

So I have a question about mem cards. If I wanna buy another mem card (I have an 8 gig at the moment) can I easily switch between the two cards like you could on PSP?

Skyzard

Banned
I have no idea how people get over 100, let alone 1000 (or 3000). Ridiculous.

I think playing past midnight isn't the best idea with this game either ;) ..loading wipeout

we can break 100 for sure...but to get to 3000... that's something else entirely... I want the next character unlock too, the unlock at 40 one is quite cool

Gxgear

Didn't know Picotto Knights was coming to the West, nice!

Tentative list for spend 100 get 20 back offer (waiting until the last week of the month for possible sales- double dip:

-Dynasty Warriors Next (35.99)
-Final Fantasy III (19.99)
-Super Crate Box (3.49)
-Dokuro (19.99)
-Jet Set Radio (9.99)
Total so far: 89.45

Some candidates for rounding out the bill, Retro City Rampage, Tokyo Jungle, Zenonia, Who's that Flying, Nights.

krYlon

Breaking news from the Retro City thread, apparently the Vita version will have exclusive colour modes:

"I think it's the Gameboy and Virtual Boy style ones."

Gameboy one:

75285_376297389078305_1802822334_n.jpg

Skyzard

Banned
Breaking news from the Retro City thread, apparently the Vita version will have exclusive colour modes:

Gameboy one:

That looks really cool actually! Wish he'd let us know the EU release date..

Didn't know Picotto Knights was coming to the West, nice!

Tentative list for spend 100 get 20 back offer (waiting until the last week of the month for possible sales- double dip:

-Dynasty Warriors Next (35.99)
-Final Fantasy III (19.99)
-Super Crate Box (3.49)
-Dokuro (19.99)
-Jet Set Radio (9.99)
Total so far: 89.45

Some candidates for rounding out the bill, Retro City Rampage, Tokyo Jungle, Zenonia, Who's that Flying, Nights.
I'd say go RCR because that shit looks great, but Zenonia? I didn't know that was on PSM!

Oh god Virtual Boy filter. Looking forward to making my eyes bleed with that one.

dallow_bg

nods at old men

Gameboy one:

Hey, I'm a source for breaking news! ;)

I was wrong though.
They're not exclusive, but he came up with them while working on the Vita version. So now everyone can enjoy!

While the PS Vita version of Retro City Rampage boasts everything that its PS3 counterpart does, I had fun making a few tweaks to tailor the experience to the handheld. The PS3 version supports tube TV simulation filters which curve the screen and add scanlines (allowing you to play on an LCD TV with the feel of an old CRT); similarly, the PS Vita version supports classic dot-matrix simulation filters giving it a heavy dose of Game Boy/Game Gear nostalgia. I absolutely love it and it’s my filter of choice when playing the game. If the LCD grid simulation alone isn’t retro enough for you, you can also change the color mode. The color modes let you make Retro City Rampage even more retro with options such as “Brick Handheld” (yellow-green monochrome) and “Virtual Burn” (all red), “Blurst Processor,” “SEE=64,” “PC DOS EGA” and a dozen more. These are also available in the PS3 version!

More info on Vita version:

Those of you who are worried that the characters might be too small on the PS Vita screen needn’t be! It supports two screen modes. The standard mode designed specifically for the PS Vita scales everything up and ensures that the characters and everything else are easy to see. Alternatively, the second mode uses smaller pixels but displays the entire 16:9 widescreen image and supports the TV/arcade screen borders of the PS3 counterpart, so it’s entirely up to you.

Not only can the PS3 and PS Vita versions share save games, they also share a single set of scoreboards. If you’re rad enough to blast a high score onto the board, your replay will be up there for everyone to watch no matter which platform.

olimpia84

I literally just finished Uncharted GA (credits are rolling right now). Best game in the Uncharted series, beating Uncharted 2. Yes, I said it, come at me.

krYlon

Hey, I'm a source for breaking news! ;)

I was wrong though.
They're not exclusive, but he came up with them while working on the Vita version. So now everyone can enjoy!

Oh well, as long as nothing is missing on the Vita that's the important thing.

Gameboy one:

Screenshot is new, but the gameboy filter is old news.

From a May Playstation blog post: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/05/21/see-retro-city-rampage-in-action-on-ps-vita/

While the PS Vita version of Retro City Rampage boasts everything that its PS3 counterpart does, I had fun making a few tweaks to tailor the experience to the handheld. The PS3 version supports tube TV simulation filters which curve the screen and add scanlines (allowing you to play on an LCD TV with the feel of an old CRT); similarly, the PS Vita version supports classic dot-matrix simulation filters giving it a heavy dose of Game Boy/Game Gear nostalgia. I absolutely love it and it’s my filter of choice when playing the game. If the LCD grid simulation alone isn’t retro enough for you, you can also change the color mode. The color modes let you make Retro City Rampage even more retro with options such as “Brick Handheld” (yellow-green monochrome) and “Virtual Burn” (all red), “Blurst Processor,” “SEE=64,” “PC DOS EGA” and a dozen more. These are also available in the PS3 version!

KalBalboa

Banned
I literally just finished Uncharted GA (credits are rolling right now). Best game in the Uncharted series, beating Uncharted 2. Yes, I said it, come at me.

I love Golden Abyss. It's overlooked a little to often in my opinion, considering its unique gameplay additions.

Gxgear

I'm only past the part where Dante got pushed down by Guerro, but no way. Uncharted 2 fired on all cylinders.

olimpia84

I'm only past the part where Dante got pushed down by Guerro, but no way. Uncharted 2 fired on all cylinders.

I loved Uncharted 2 but towards the middle and end of the game the combat scenes were too frequent and long. GA did an amazing job of having small and manageable combat scenes that never got old, plus I loved the bite sized chapters...perfect for a portable handheld.

Sully & Chloe disagree.
Man, Sully is so good, but he's definitely more like a family member than a friend.
Dokuro needs more attention now. WHEN, not if, Kat is in Playstation All Stars she will make a triumphant return.

And why am I explaining myself to The Grim "change my avatar every other day" Heaper?
okay ):

And hey, I had Himari for almost 3 weeks!
says the person who took me 5 seconds to recognize due to lack of penguins

Edit: Woop, top of page. Buy Gravity Kat and LittleBigPlanet.
Better?
:p

And yes, people, buy Gravity Rush first and then LBP right after.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom