• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Is there a place where I can buy a PSN Card and they'll send me a code? Amazon, Best Buy, and Gamestop all say they're unavailable, and I'm reluctant to give them a credit card after that whole Rich Text thing from a year ago.

Carl

Check out the Facebook, and Twitter pages for more info!

ay63P.jpg

doesn't actually look too bad in that screenshot, lol

Is there a place where I can buy a PSN Card and they'll send me a code? Amazon, Best Buy, and Gamestop all say they're unavailable, and I'm reluctant to give them a credit card after that whole Rich Text thing from a year ago.

...what rich text thing?

Massa

While mocking Spy Hunter might be fun I feel that Sony should really work so that as many 3rd party 3DS and iOS games come out on the Vita as possible. Skylanders would do wonders.

krpiper

Okay this is a stupid question, I am sure

I am at school and the school's wifi doesnt work with the Vita, or anything else gaming really so I have my PS3 plugged in via Ethernet.

For RCR tomorrow do I just download the Vita copy on the PS3 and then just plug in my Vita via USB?

Could I also transfer saves this way too?

Hey hey hey, New Little King's Story is awesome. All the posts of people who've played it/got it love it, including me :) The only downside to the game is the frames dropping here and there~

Whoa, whoa, whoa! I own it too, Vitabro. I really enjoy it, but it seemed that others in the OT prefer the Wii version.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
doesn't actually look too bad in that screenshot, lol

...what rich text thing?

When the PSN was hacked way back when it wasn't taken down by some crackshot hacker. They simply found the rich and plain text files that contained all of our passwords. These files weren't encrypted at all which led me to removing my credit card from the PSN and I don't want to put another one on there.

So I've only used PSN cards for purchases but it seems that I might have to walk my happy ass into a store to buy once since they're all unavailable online.

Takao

Banned
Okay this is a stupid question, I am sure

I am at school and the school's wifi doesnt work with the Vita, or anything else gaming really so I have my PS3 plugged in via Ethernet.

For RCR tomorrow do I just download the Vita copy on the PS3 and then just plug in my Vita via USB?

Could I also transfer saves this way too?

Transfer via Content Manager.

Saves work like that for PSP, and PSone games. For Vita save transfer to PS3 most use Cloud Syncing.

While mocking Spy Hunter might be fun I feel that Sony should really work so that as many 3rd party 3DS and iOS games come out on the Vita as possible. Skylanders would do wonders.

Activision would probably find a way to outsource it to Nihilistic.

But seriously, I do agree that Vita really does need everything. It's hard to say the platform is getting supported when games like Ben 10, which is released on pretty much everything skips Vita after 1 release or how there was a new Transformers release on PC/PS3/360/Wii/Wii U/3DS/DS and not Vita this year.

Whoa, whoa, whoa! I own it too, Vitabro. I really enjoy it, but it seemed that others in the OT prefer the Wii version.

Ah, right. Sorry about that :) Most of them are whiners who just don't like the anime style. I remember the thread when it was announced, man did all the haters come out of the woodwork.

Grisby

Hey guys thinking about upgrading my measly 4gb card to something waayy more substantial.

Is it an easy process? I can backup my saves to the ps3 right? Don't want to lose my LBP or Gravity Rush progress. Does anything get messed up on the carry over?

Hey guys thinking about upgrading my measly 4gb card to something waayy more substantial.

Is it an easy process? I can backup my saves to the ps3 right? Don't want to lose my LBP or Gravity Rush progress. Does anything get messed up on the carry over?
It's an easy process, but it takes FOREVER to back something up. But everything will be intact when you restore it. And yes, you can back it all up to a PC or PS3.

Connect vita to PS3 or PC and back it up, and then restore when you get a new card. FYI Amazon usually has them on sale, but if you need one ASAP Best Buy has them 20% off right now.

Yeah it's easy, the transfer can be a little slow but only 4 gigs shouldn't be too bad. Only your bubles get mixed around nothing else should mess up

Grisby

Thanks fellas. Was hoping it was easy. Bought a 4gb thinking I wasn't going to do much digital but Jet Set and Retro City call. Shit, Sound Shapes almost takes up a gig on there.

metalshade

Just thought I should post this, in case it helps anyone.
Whilst using the Vita browser, you can select text (read spoiler tagged stuff etc) by holding either of the shoulder buttons and dragging on screen. Deselect by double tapping elswhere or by holding the shoulder button and dragging again.
I just realised nobody had posted this before, and I have been using it for a long time.

KalBalboa

Banned
Just thought I should post this, in case it helps anyone.
Whilst using the Vita browser, you can select text (read spoiler tagged stuff etc) by holding either of the shoulder buttons and dragging on screen. Deselect by double tapping elswhere or by holding the shoulder button and dragging again.
I just realised nobody had posted this before, and I have been using it for a long time.

News to me. Thanks!

Noi

Since I completely forgot to do so, I guess the Ragnarok Odyssey crew gets one more person now that I'm not pre-ordering/getting Code of Princess. That is, unless the New Little King's Story brigade can swing me over to the moé side.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
When the store updates. [/grace chen time]

NOW SOMEONE TELL ME WHERE I CAN BUY A DIGITAL CODE!! I have less than 14.99 in my PSN WALLET SO I WON'T BE ABLE TO BUY RCR!
I don't anyone has them currently unless you pay a premium.
Why not get a card in store? You can probably get one at a CVS/Walgreen or 7-Eleven.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Didn't know Picotto Knights was coming to the West, nice!

Tentative list for spend 100 get 20 back offer (waiting until the last week of the month for possible sales- double dip:

-Dynasty Warriors Next (35.99)
-Final Fantasy III (19.99)
-Super Crate Box (3.49)
-Dokuro (19.99)
-Jet Set Radio (9.99)
Total so far: 89.45

Some candidates for rounding out the bill, Retro City Rampage, Tokyo Jungle, Zenonia, Who's that Flying, Nights.

Me and my gf have played 10 hours of tokyo jungle in 3 days.

Get Tokyo Jungle.

Also I haven't played Zenonia 2-3-4 but Zenonia 1 even on LOL touch on my android phone was better than any DS zelda game imo.

Since I completely forgot to do so, I guess the Ragnarok Odyssey crew gets one more person now that I'm not pre-ordering/getting Code of Princess. That is, unless the New Little King's Story brigade can swing me over to the moé side.
welcome to the crew

i'm gonna force you and others to play with me SINCE NOBODY I KNOW OWNS A VITA ):

I'll play with you. Though I may want to play Liberations first if they both come out on the same day.
good :3

I think I'll be picking up Liberation digitally(depending on the size) and since I'm picking up the Swanky Mercenary edition of RO... I'll get to play that a bit first~!

Wonko_C

When the store updates. [/grace chen time]

NOW SOMEONE TELL ME WHERE I CAN BUY A DIGITAL CODE!! I have less than 14.99 in my PSN WALLET SO I WON'T BE ABLE TO BUY RCR!

I bought a $50 one from pcgamesupply.com it had a $6 "processing fee" and I had to deal with a code verification thing by automated phone call but it was smooth sailing from there, got the code in less than 5 minutes.

T.o.P: So... like, buy Miku f and stuff.

welcome to the crew

i'm gonna force you and others to play with me SINCE NOBODY I KNOW OWNS A VITA ):

What time are you online typically? I am Eastern time zone, so I typically can be on most evenings in that time zone.

Really tempted to pick it up just because of the online component. Then hopefully catch AC3: L on a buy one get one half off, or B2G1 free sale in November.

Edit: Screw it. I loaded up $100 on my PSN for the October deal, may just use part of that money for Ragnorak Odyssey. Be a cool game to always have on the system and go questing anytime.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I don't think you can download a Vita game on you PS3 and copy it via USB.

Pretty sure you can. I've only downloaded Demos through it so far (LBP, Silent Hill, VLR), but everything but PS mobile seems to be accessable through the PS3.

In content manger, just transfer "PS3 -> Vita" Application content, and it should be no problem.

Don't know how you'd get Cloud Save stuff to work without a net connection, though. It's really pretty stupid that you can't use the PS3 to go online, like Ad-Hoc Party PSP did or something.

quabba

Thecardcloset.com is the best alternative I have found since bestbuy ran out. It's $54 for a $50 card but they email the codes to international customers which a lot of others don't. (Please don't buy alllll the codes I have no alternative if these guys run out)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom