• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
Guild-01 is a poor example of that since it was an anthology split into pieces. Realistically, it never should've been a retail release even in Japan.

Well agreed, but it doesn't really matter as it was a retail title in Japan and a (series of) digital titles elsewhere. The fact remains that it's possible.

Takao

Banned
A better example would be Unchained Blades ... except in that case it appears Nintendo is being absolutely horrible with it. It's been out on PSN for months now but is still MIA on eShop.

Since I completely forgot to do so, I guess the Ragnarok Odyssey crew gets one more person now that I'm not pre-ordering/getting Code of Princess. That is, unless the New Little King's Story brigade can swing me over to the moé side.

There is a crew? I want to be part of the crew

I'm still deciding between the regular or collectors edition (or maybe getting a bigger memory card and just going digital)

Coconut

Banned
UpH27l.jpg

Mzo

There is a crew? I want to be part of the crew

I'm still deciding between the regular or collectors edition (or maybe getting a bigger memory card and just going digital)
Right? Sign me up. Merc edition gets delivered the 1st of November here, I am down after that.

Shinriji

Changed my account to the JP one to play some demos and PSP demos. Later today I will talk about them...

If I could stop playing Technika Tune demo.

sogood.gif

Is the 3G model worth it? I'm kind of torn between getting the 3G bundle with the Gravity Rush & Unit 13 download codes, and waiting for the Assassin's Creed bundle with the awesome white Vita.

Rootbeer

Banned
Is the 3G model worth it? I'm kind of torn between getting the 3G bundle with the Gravity Rush & Unit 13 download codes, and waiting for the Assassin's Creed bundle with the awesome white Vita.

Unless you can get a good deal on one, no, get a Wi-Fi, you won't miss the 3G 99% of the time.

Toki767

No real games take advantage of the GPS sadly. If they ever come out with a LTE model, that would probably be worth it for full online play anywhere.

I forgot that I'm a total idiot when it comes to most technological things. Still trying to figure CFW out; have the sandbox up and running but that's it. ):

Do I get points for two out of three?

- Bought Gravity Rush
- Preordered Senrab Kagura Shinovi Versus
Project DIVA f was 80% of the grade.
Would have said yes, but PDf is 80% of the grade.

I really hope Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus gets localized for the West. With all these other niche games being confirmed I'd be surprised if it doesn't but... one can only hope ;( There's so much stuff coming out now, I want more stuff to look forward to next year as well!
Dude, I wish. But the chances of it being localized are pretty tiny. Though I guess it'd be easier to localize this one compared to the two 3DS ones...

Unless you can get a good deal on one, no, get a Wi-Fi, you won't miss the 3G 99% of the time.

Toki767 said:
No real games take advantage of the GPS sadly. If they ever come out with a LTE model, that would probably be worth it for full online play anywhere.

Thanks, I'll hold out then. Really I just want to dive in for when Ragnarok hits anyway.

Rootbeer

Banned
I don't know what the filesize for Retro City Rampage will be on Vita, but on Steam it's only 30MB... even if it's several times that it will be way smaller than most games. You'll barely notice the hit on your PSV memory card :D I like this.

KalBalboa

Banned
I don't know what the filesize for Retro City Rampage will be on Vita, but on Steam it's only 30MB... even if it's several times that it will be way smaller than most games. You'll barely notice the hit on your PSV memory card :D I like this.

Yeah, I noticed that too in the RCR thread. 30 megs is smaller than most Vita game saves.

Carl

Probably less room than i have left on my Vita :p

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Indie Game "Sword of Rapier" coming to Vita: http://gematsu.com/2012/10/indie-game-sword-of-rapier-coming-to-ps-vita

..and I said wow.

Heh, I remember playing the demo on XBLIG.

If he'd polish the game up some, it'd be more enjoyable. The basic concept was kinda Ys-like, and what's in that trailer looks a bit different that I remember the old IG demo being like... (maybe it's just later into the game...?)

I wonder how he'd be releasing this? PSMobile? Mini? Surely not a pure Vita release... that'd require some kind of publisher, or something, right?

Heh, I remember playing the demo on XBLIG.

If he'd polish the game up some, it'd be more enjoyable. The basic concept was kinda Ys-like, and what's in that trailer looks a bit different that I remember the old IG demo being like... (maybe it's just later into the game...?)

I wonder how he'd be releasing this? PSMobile? Mini? Surely not a pure Vita release... that'd require some kind of publisher, or something, right?

SCEA Pub Fund?

The bueaty of the vita is that a lot of these indie pc games can be ported relatively easy to the Vita because it is a pc based system. Question is will indie devs take advantage of this demo or not, but it is good to see some that are.

Maybe it's because I follow the vita more closely but it seems to be getting a rather healthy support and I haven't heard much out of the 3DS camp lately.

The bueaty of the vita is that a lot of these indie pc games can be ported relatively easy to the Vita because it is a pc based system. Question is will indie devs take advantage of this demo or not, but it is good to see some that are.

Maybe it's because I follow the vita more closely but it seems to be getting a rather healthy support and I haven't heard much out of the 3DS camp lately.

Don't be spreading that rumour - we need people to think vita has no games ;)

Also dammit Carl your only 21 posts behind me now :(

Don't be spreading that rumour - we need people to think vita has no games ;)

Also dammit Carl your only 21 posts behind me now :(

I find it ironic that my biggest complaint, and the reason I don't own a 3DS, is that a lot of the niche games and RPGs for it don't leave Japan. Yet the vita with "less support" and no question less sales is getting those type of games out of Japan. The biggest irony is that the 3DS is region locked and the Vita isn't. lol.

Anyway, don't want to compare the two I am just happy to see support for this system, because it is quickly becoming my favorite system ever....well maybe not ever...the PS2 was possibly the pinnacle of console gaming to me.

RCR and Sunflowers this week, Dokuro next week... take that wallet!

Why do I keep forgetting about Sunflowers. I really want Sunflowers, but I may hold off on it until I actually get the chance to play it after RCR and other games soon to be bought! Plus I have a feeling the Vita PS+ may have something going for a title like Sunflowers.

Looks great though and at $4 they knew exactly where to price it at. Perfect impulse buy territory.

Takao

Banned
I find it ironic that my biggest complaint, and the reason I don't own a 3DS, is that a lot of the niche games and RPGs for it don't leave Japan. Yet the vita with "less support" and no question less sales is getting those type of games out of Japan. The biggest irony is that the 3DS is region locked and the Vita isn't. lol.

SCEA vs. NoA

I give SCEA a lot of shit, but if I was a hXc Nintendo fan I'd be giving NoA more.

Carl

Why do I keep forgetting about Sunflowers. I really want Sunflowers, but I may hold off on it until I actually get the chance to play it after RCR and other games soon to be bought! Plus I have a feeling the Vita PS+ may have something going for a title like Sunflowers.

Looks great though and at $4 they knew exactly where to price it at. Perfect impulse buy territory.

Fully recommend picking it up. Great little pick up and play timewaster. Also has some good Near integration. For $4 you could do a hell of a lot worse.

SCEA vs. NoA

I give SCEA a lot of shit, but if I was a hXc Nintendo fan I'd be giving NoA more.

My problem with SCEA is their PR....which they fired lol

Hopefully they realized there was a problem there and know now how to better promote content and engage with their customers, and future customers for that matter.

Edit: those polls on the blog are great baby step in that direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom