• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Fully recommend picking it up. Great little pick up and play timewaster. Also has some good Near integration. For $4 you could do a hell of a lot worse.

Good like Treasure Park, or good like everything else? It seems Near Support is really hit or miss.

Carl

Good like Treasure Park, or good like everything else? It seems Near Support is really hit or miss.

No. You collect flowers through the game and you can select any flowers and send them either to friends or upload them to Near.

I thought it was pretty good implementation, anyway ;)

No. You collect flowers through the game and you can select any flowers and send them either to friends or upload them to Near.

That actually sounds pretty cool. I keep meaning to get that and puddle to try them out but other games keep coming out

TwoDurans

We should make sure everyone is aware that it's not awkward to send flowers to vitabros. It's. Just. Not.

Carl

That actually sounds pretty cool. I keep meaning to get that and puddle to try them out but other games keep coming out

There's a trial and unlock for Sunflowers, so try it out :)

And yeah sending flowers is totally okay. I welcome gifts of flowers ;)

You're right, I'm fixing it.

Cool, but you really should just nix the links to those posts in that section altogether - both posts contain information that isn't true as of firmware 1.80.

Like, you could write it like this:

Account/Regional Questions
Q: Can I use multiple PSN profiles or different regional accounts on a single Vita?
A: Yes, but the Vita restricts each memory card to a single PSN account. To switch to another account you would need to either use separate memory cards for each PSN account or reformat your memory card every time you switch. Reformatting a memory card erases all data on it so make sure you make a backup via Content Manager first.

Q: How do I switch PSN account on my Vita?
A: You will need to perform a System Restore from the settings bubble to return the Vita to its factory state, then perform initial setup again using the information for the PSN account you would like to switch to. See this video for a walkthrough.​

Big Boob Ninja Vita looks awful. Like I think Spy Hunter (now available!) looks better.

Is there gameplay up? I'm curious to see it in action.

RCR is like 30mb. It took seconds to download.

Thank god. I'm really low on space, no money to upgrade my stick right now.

Also.. I noticed something weird. I'm really, dangerously low on space on my tiny 8gb memory stick. I was watching videos on youtube and it said I can't watch stuff in HD now. The next video wouldn't even play. Is the video cache from various services on Vita that resource hogging? I watch Netflix pretty regularly as well :\

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
You can self publish on PSN. You can't on normal XBLA though.

-nod- I just wonder... what keeps the truly crappy games from getting onto PSN then? There has to be some kind of barrier that makes it so only quality applications try, or are accepted.

I ask this, only to wonder if the dev of Sword of Rapier would have to push the game to a higher standard of quality, in order to get a Vita release.

---

Beyond that, though, I now wonder if I'd rather get Sunflower, or Deathfin with the extra money I'll have left over from RCR purchase. Will have to try out that Sunflower Demo... if it can charm me as much as PvZ's Sunflower, then it might be no contest.. (No Laura Shigihara song here though...)

TwoDurans

Someone upload screens and video of RCR please

Imgur is down at the moment. If you want I can describe what I just took a picture of.

A bank is scrolled up similar to Mega Man 2's opening then a cop shot and killed a bird and the dog from Duck Hunt appeared and laughed at him.

Imgur is down at the moment. If you want I can describe what I just took a picture of.

A bank is scrolled up similar to Mega Man 2's opening then a cop shot and killed a bird and the dog from Duck Hunt appeared and laughed at him.

Can't you just take screenshots and upload them using the flickr app?

TwoDurans

ibWL7tcLEwAmC.jpg

iuDABOTkB4PVo.jpg

iwtEZ2VWP48AX.jpg

Takao

Banned
A4yaiNxCcAAZbqh.jpg

-nod- I just wonder... what keeps the truly crappy games from getting onto PSN then? There has to be some kind of barrier that makes it so only quality applications try, or are accepted.

I ask this, only to wonder if the dev of Sword of Rapier would have to push the game to a higher standard of quality, in order to get a Vita release.

SCE does concept approval so that usually wades out the trash.

Is there gameplay up? I'm curious to see it in action

Just horrible Vita res screenshots:

no sale. I have no friends
with a Vita.
:(

Edit: Argh @ RCR screens. What is it with you people and tempting me with a new game every other week.
I'm close enough, even if we're not friends in the slightest.

But yes, RCR has been tempting me greatly these past few days. ):

Carl

no sale. I have no friends
with a Vita.
:(

Edit: Argh @ RCR screens. What is it with you people and tempting me with a new game every other week.

go play your blob games

It's so hard owning a system with no gaems.

P.S. FU.

TwoDurans

Last ones. I might be dipping into spoiler category now even though I'm like 15 minutes in.

iSmbX9IiIBBi9.jpg

iExFVBVkVE0nQ.jpg

i8r5HrPHQQuyh.jpg

It doesn't. There's just 14 total. Most seem easy enough.

Goddamnit, it would've been perfect to have a double plat. Oh well I still want it :) Such an amazing looking game.

Those jaggies are bad but hey, boobies galore so I can't complain.

Also, has anyone have that happen before with streaming videos on the Vita? I have almost no space left on my card and now I can't play videos, because I have no space left... sigh. I can't upgrade atm, so I'm stuck micro managing my tiny 8gb card for now.

Last ones. I might be dipping into spoiler category now even though I'm like 15 minutes in.

iSmbX9IiIBBi9.jpg

iExFVBVkVE0nQ.jpg

i8r5HrPHQQuyh.jpg

Yeah I prefer the look of this on vita based on these screenshots.
Apparently it has funny presence date on PS3 when you play. I was told that when I was playing it said I was "on a friendly frolic" when Im pretty sure the demo had me in a killing spree lmao

Oh sorry for the double post but I looked on my friends list and saw Grim Heaper playing and it said "Trimming Bushes" what in the.

I like this game.

Carl

Yeah I prefer the look of this on vita based on these screenshots.
Apparently it has funny presence date on PS3 when you play. I was told that when I was playing it said I was "on a friendly frolic" when Im pretty sure the demo had me in a killing spree lmao

I love a game with good presence data, lol.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
That game looks awesome and terrible at the same time. I blame the small sprites for the terrible part because the maps look AWESOME.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Remember that time when people were saying SCEE was better than SCEA? Haha!

Also I was 100% sure Takao was trolling like he was with the fake games for CFW, but I guess hes actually serious ._.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom