• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takao

Banned
Posting for new page - anyone heard more about urban trials? Trials Evo DLC have me the urge for a portable version

I dunno. That game started out as a PSP Mini years ago and vanished.

user reviews of Spy Hunter from the web...
i4xYdElAioqay.png

Only 60fps? I expected 180fps.

Vitacat

WTF at those user "reviews." More like 5 minute first impressions. But... could Spy Hunter Vita actually be good?! O_O

We need a rich (or even just financially careless) GAFer to get the game and post impressions.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
WTF at those user "reviews." More like 5 minute first impressions. But... could Spy Hunter Vita actually be good?! O_O

We need a rich (or even just financially careless) GAFer to get the game and post impressions.

I predict that within 2 weeks everybody here will be playing Spy Hunter :lol

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
The dangers of the spending $100 to get $20 back promotion is that I'm sitting with $100 (well $85 now) in my wallet.

I am so close to buying Spy Hunter but I'm not going to do it. No way that game is not shit.

The game is fantastic, I'd recommend you buy it. I can see why you'd hesitate though, it's damn pricey.

Shit, just found a third party US seller on Amazon with Miku for $79.99 and Amazon Prine shipping. CA sales tax didn't kick in either. The trigger has been pulled.

Vitabros and Vitamuffins, what have I done? What have I done?!

Need suggestions Vitabros.
My university's wifi doesn't like game consoles. I can connect my PS3 with an Ethernet cord and run perfectly. But the wifi rejects my Vita (along with my 3DS. The wifi also blocks routers). So any ideas on what I can do? My University's tech people basically just said "no"
Any help is appreciated

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
My university's wifi doesn't like game consoles. I can connect my PS3 with an Ethernet cord and run perfectly. But the wifi rejects my Vita (along with my 3DS. The wifi also blocks routers). So any ideas on what I can do? My University's tech people basically just said "no"
Any help is appreciated

Tether through your smartphone?

Do you have a PC or Mac that you can plug in via ethernet? You can share those connections via wifi.

Toki767

Any help is appreciated

Most Universities use WPA2 Enterprise for their wifi encryption which isn't supported by the Vita. Nothing you can do. Sony would have to do a firmware update to put in compatibility.

You can get a wifi access point dongle and just stick it in your PC though.

Gamespawn

Has anyone played the Dr Who game yet? Any impressions would be great. I'm sitting on $100 in my wallet for ACLSFvsT and RO at the end of the month.

Fair enough.

Not Hustle Kings, Top Darts, Wipeout HD either?

Not in EU it isn't. It's #YOPO.

I got Wipeout HD free from Sony at one point but don't have the Fury DLC, i've got a lot of racers to play at the moment and never been much of a Wipeout fan.

Might check out Hustle Kings and always hated darts, I must seem hard to please, haha.

Only had my Vita 9 days and already got: Fifa, Uncharted, LBP and F1 2011. Got Rayman Origins, Everybody's Golf and Virtua Tennis 4 in the post :)

KalBalboa

Banned
Ok I have to ask finally what on earth is #YOPO?

#YOPO (You Only Pay Once) means if you buy it on PS3 or Vita you then get it on the other platform, too. With Retro City Rampage you pay $15 for the game and get it on both PS3 and Vita, and you can even share the same game save.

Carl

Bummer. I absolutely loved that game - was my first Vita plat. Would have never had as much fun as did I with the game if it wasn't free because I don't think I would have bought it sadly enough.

I bought it on Vita launch day and had a ton of fun with it. My first Vita platinum too.

Might check out Hustle Kings and always hated darts, I must seem hard to please, haha.

Only had my Vita 9 days and already got: Fifa, Uncharted, LBP and F1 2011. Got Rayman Origins, Everybody's Golf and Virtua Tennis 4 in the post :)

You are hard to please ;)

At least buy Mutant Blobs Attack!

Carl

#YOPO (You Only Pay Once) means if you buy it on PS3 or Vita you then get it on the other platform, too. With Retro City Rampage you pay $15 for the game and get it on both PS3 and Vita, and you can even share the same game save.

AKA "It has cross-buy and cross-save" :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom