• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
If the problem is activation, does that mean only Sony can activate it at this point? The shop I bought it from didn't provide a receipt so their is no "proof of purchase".
I've never run into this problem before, but I imagine (and would hope) that Sony could activate the card themselves. Is it a retail card? If it is, go back to the store and complain, so you can possibly get a refund or a new card. If you bought it online, go through your emails to see if you have some sort of order confirmation.

Torraz

Switching accounts even with two memory cards is a pain in the ass. Why can't Sony just make it like the first PSP and simply log-in/out? :|

How would that process take place?

I assume you would
- deactivate PSN account
- reset factory settings
- say NO to the deletion of the memory card
- after the console reboots you turn it off, put in a new memory card, and start the console and activate the other PSN account?

subtles

The salesperson who was selling the card said that it is my responsibility and I should contact Sony as the card has value. When I asked them for a receipt they refused to provide one due to "possible repercussions" from Sony for selling it overseas. The only reason I got a US vita/account is because I'm moving back to the States after a few years overseas and I don't want to end up in the same position as with my PS3 account (PAL). I guess I'll have to bite the bullet on this one and go to the shop that sold me my other PSN cards that actually worked.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
The salesperson who was selling the card said that it is my responsibility and I should contact Sony as the card has value. When I asked them for a receipt they refused to provide one due to "possible repercussions" from Sony for selling it overseas.
That sounds weirdly shady. Sorry to hear that though.

Mondriaan

I have newfound appreciation for the vita tweet app because it seems like the fastest way to get vita screen shots onto the internet. I don't see myself using any other twitter function, though.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
How would that process take place?

I assume you would
- deactivate PSN account
- reset factory settings
- say NO to the deletion of the memory card
- after the console reboots you turn it off, put in a new memory card, and start the console and activate the other PSN account?

Settings->PSN->PSN account login->Change e-mail/password->Login. DRM saves itself to the memory card for BOTH accounts like the PSP tied itself to Sony's servers and logged in/called home to see if the DRM was allowed to unlock on the system for that logged in account.

The fact that I have to change memory cards to get around a lock is downright boneheaded and stupid of Sony. All I want to do is play the LBP demo since SCEA are morons and haven't released it two weeks before it released (like Japan did) so I have to bend over backwards to do that where on PS3 it's simply login to the account and download/same as the PSP1.

Also Wake Up Club requires VERY LITTLE translation since most of the menus on this Japanese store version of it has been translated into English (hell the trophies even show up in English but probably because I set system language to English) so WTF is the hold-up, SCEA?

Shinriji

For the new page

VITA GAME LIST

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkcebbnqCi8DdHJoQVpnenBDQldmNlM2aFlxd2FWaEE&pli=1#gid=0

VITABROS POPULARITY TOP 10 - Updated

1. Little Big Planet PS Vita
2. Uncharted: Golden Abyss
3. Gravity Rush / Motorstorm RC
4. Hot Shots Golf: World Invitation
5. Sound Shapes
6. Lumines: Eletronic Symphony / Super Stardust Delta
7. Mortal Kombat / Wipeout 2048
8. Rayman Origins / Tales of Space / Treasure of Montezuma Blitz
9. Unit 13
10. Hustle Kings / MGS HD Collection / Treasure Park

PS - Someone deleted all data from Gravity Rush. If you have it, be sure to add your name again. Thanks.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
PSY・S;42442063 said:
Some Liberation bullshots.

acl14b3j6k.jpg

acl1711kis.jpg

acl13sgk10.jpg

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=492698

huh...I guess this kinda confirm there is a PC/console version of AC:L in work. (now maybe I should not get the game day one and just wait).

VanWinkle

For the new page

VITA GAME LIST

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkcebbnqCi8DdHJoQVpnenBDQldmNlM2aFlxd2FWaEE&pli=1#gid=0

VITABROS POPULARITY TOP 10 - Updated

1. Little Big Planet PS Vita
2. Uncharted: Golden Abyss
3. Gravity Rush / Motorstorm RC
4. Hot Shots Golf: World Invitation
5. Sound Shapes
6. Lumines: Eletronic Symphony / Super Stardust Delta
7. Mortal Kombat / Wipeout 2048
8. Rayman Origins / Tales of Space / Treasure of Montezuma Blitz
9. Unit 13
10. Hustle Kings / MGS HD Collection / Treasure Park

PS - Someone deleted all data from Gravity Rush. If you have it, be sure to add your name again. Thanks.

I don't know how to add text there. If I try to type something into the box, it deletes everything else. So I still haven't put my PSN ID on any of the games.

huh...I guess this kinda confirm there is a PC/console version of AC:L in work. (now maybe I should not get the game day one and just wait).

Lol, what? No it doesn't. The resolution of that image is 960x544. It's just that it's a major bullshot. Ubisoft does that with all of their games.

Skyzard

Banned
Can we get some MP games going later today guys...so damn fun, really should jump on it. Btw I didn't know LBP hadn't come out digitally in the states yet, are many of you waiting for that?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Every time I try to put in the code of the PSN card I bought I get this error:

"The Prepaid Card code you entered is incorrect or is no longer valid"

It stills shows the value of the card however. Contacting Sony, they said that if I don't have the receipt they can't do anything. Anyone encounter something like this and solve it successfully or did I just lose $50?

You can also try redeeming it through the Media Go App. I do this when Vita isn't accepting cards for some reason...

branny

Played the first chapter of Uncharted: Golden Abyss. This is one dreadful game.
Lol.

Looking back, the first portions of that game are the worst. It gets better. It just never gets good. It's decent. Not bad. Decent. It has its own identity, so I don't regret playing it.

I think my ranking for the series is something like UC2>>>UC1>UC3>>U:GA.

Can we get some MP games going later today guys...so damn fun, really should jump on it. Btw I didn't know LBP hadn't come out digitally in the states yet, are many of you waiting for that?

I am waiting for it. There's no way I'd play lbp any other way than digital. I'm sure many others feel the same

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
What?why?
It really feels stale and makes me realize that a lot of what made Uncharted great was the writing. I played an entire fifteen minutes, so obviously what I'm saying isn't representative of the game as a whole, but I felt like I was playing a knockoff of the original game, with an awful unlikable sidekick instead of Sully. I would honestly rather have Drake muttering to himself than Drake chatting with a mildly offensive Italian stereotype with the most grating lines and voice acting. Switching the language to Spanish made it mildly better, but the subtitles take up way too much of the screen. The guy's obviously supposed to be scummy, but a character can be scummy without making me want to turn off the system, which is exactly what I just did.

Nah, I'm waiting on the game period. Got One Piece on Tuesday which will bleed my dry plus the next two months are pretty hectic.

oh Kazerei,it is just a video game :p
yeah for real it's okay to be wrong like toto and try to prove yourself right by doing SUCH IMMATURE things

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
yeah for real it's okay to be wrong like toto and try to prove yourself right by doing SUCH IMMATURE things
Yeah. The reason Yakuza 5's not coming to the west is because of Totobeni's reception to Yakuza 4. Sega put all that work in, gave the game a proper boxart, and didn't cut anything out, and all they got was Totobeni exploding every single time the game was brought up. Thanks for nothing Toto.

Have there been any hints or hope we will get multiple account support in a firmware update?
Someone ask Shuhei or something.

The reason being, there are a growing amount of games (and DLC) only available on US PSN, only available on EU PSN and only available on JP PSN.
It's ridiculous we have to deal with this issue that nobody saw coming, since on PS3 we were so used to multiple accounts.

Something tells me it's SCEJ's plan not to do multiple accounts, especially with the recent memory card rule update. As I said before, the PS Vita has become a xenophobic device...100% loyal only to the country the account on it is assigned to.

Sid

It really feels stale and makes me realize that a lot of what made Uncharted great was the writing. I played an entire fifteen minutes, so obviously what I'm saying isn't representative of the game as a whole, but I felt like I was playing a knockoff of the original game, with an awful unlikable sidekick instead of Sully. I would honestly rather have Drake muttering to himself than Drake chatting with a mildly offensive Italian stereotype with the most grating lines and voice acting. Switching the language to Spanish made it mildly better, but the subtitles take up way too much of the screen. The guy's obviously supposed to be scummy, but a character can be scummy without making me want to turn off the system, which is exactly what I just did.
Yeah it gets much better in the following levels that one was supposed to showcase the visuals i think.

Shai-Tan

Banned
I'm about halfway through Uncharted. It's structured a lot like 1 but the writing isn't nearly as good. I always preferred the first game but it was in the character development and how the story unfolded. This Vita game seems a little too by the numbers in the events that occur like it's a pastiche of an Uncharted game, not the genuine article; there isn't that thread pulling the story like in the first game or any interesting dialogue but I do find the shooting pretty good, better than what I remembered from the demo. It also looks pretty darn good for a portable game.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
I can promise you that's it more memorable than UC3
I never finished Uncharted 3, so I can't use that as a point of comparison. I really, really want Uncharted 4 to take place in Antarctica though. I'd give up my Vita for it.

Just saw a vita ad on tv here in the UK. Was advertising how its a console that 'changes all the rules'. They did this by showing off uncharted, FIFA 13 and lbp :/

Sid

Graphically a technical marvel. No doubt. The boat scene, the plane, the desert! All touch notch. I just wished it we layed out a bit better. The ending killed me.
I thInk the ending was awesome but the opening and the young drake sequence were terrible especially coming from uc2 which had such a grand opening level followed up by the stealth mission which was not bad at all,the overall game would have been better had this game had more exploration and more regular/non setpiece combat.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
I thInk the ending was awesome but the opening and the young drake sequence were terrible especially coming from uc2 which had such a grand opening level followed up by the stealth mission which was not bad at all,the overall game would have been better had this game had more exploration and more regular/non setpiece combat.
I really liked the young Drake bits in Uncharted 3. Not only were they a nice reprieve from the usual fare, but they were set in a wonderful city.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Not even close,it's better than uc1 though.Why do you think so?

Because the first half is good but the second half falls apart
Caravan to Sully aside
. The story is barely there and motivations of the big bad is barely explained (had to replay twice because subtitles were fast and caught only bits and pieces at times) and a new character (Cutter) isn't really explained to those of us that don't buy the comics or animated shorts, he's just... there.

Cheleo had the same problem in Uncharted 2 but was explained better as a "flame from Drake's past" sort-of-angle with that "last years model," bit from Elena, compared to Cutter and "oh, he's with us..."

Edit: Also Young Drake was amazing yeah the levels themselves weren't too impressive and the chase was pretty weak but the characterization/history of Nate and Sully was AMAZING.

So I'm finishing up the NKS OT but.. I can't find info anywhere about the new classes :| Anyone have a source I can cite? I'm grasping at straws here.

Had a Vita earlier this year but sold it to breakeven because just wasn't enough games. But man, the games coming up look awesome: ACIII, LBP, P4, Soul Sacrifice, Ragnarok, VLR, All-Stars among others. Definitely hoping for a good Black Friday deal.

Best Uncharted game in the series. Slightly ahead of Uncharted 1, and a mile ahead of Uncharted 2 and 3 :)

WHOA. Slow down there, UC2 is awesome. And yeah UC1 is so much better than the other 2 to me, but Golden Abyss is NOT BETTER THAN UC1. NO EFF NO.

UC1 was amazing and still is. GA is forgettable compared to UC 2.

The real order is UC1 >> UC 2 >> GA >>>>> U3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom