• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazerei

Banned
SpyHunter seems like one of those games you know is shit, but you can't help having fun anyways. I'd totally buy it, but not at $40.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Shit, just found a third party US seller on Amazon with Miku for $79.99 and Amazon Prine shipping. CA sales tax didn't kick in either. The trigger has been pulled.

Vitabros and Vitamuffins, what have I done? What have I done?!

You've become a...

*DUN DUN DUN*

WEEABOO! :O

I kid

Home. About to put in my PSN code and DL RCR YAY!
and the Forza demo :3

Shinriji

I have this feeling it's going to sell terribly then we will just get shitty cod ports every year :/

If you say "sell terribly" is that will sell way less than the PS3 and 360 versions, but sell way more than all Vita games together, then you are right.

And I already preordered.

spannicus

How do you know about it going gold?

nihilistic said on their Twitter. You should see all the questions people are asking and many pictures of the little children asking them I might add. Lol real talk though...this game is gonna sell a shit ton and hey its gonna be good for the Vita in the long run. I can see it already. We know a lil more than the average gamer but there's still a shit load of unaware CoD lovers. The games sells over a billion copies. This ones gonna make almost a million.

Sid

nihilistic said on their Twitter. You should see all the questions people are asking and many pictures of the little children asking them I might add. Lol real talk though...this game is gonna sell a shit ton and hey its gonna be good for the Vita in the long run. I can see it already. We know a lil more than the average gamer but there's still a shit load of unaware CoD lovers. The games sells over a billion copies. This ones gonna make almost a million.
The tweets are quite funny,someone asked if this is how bo:dc looks like http://p.twimg.com/A2R-UAxCcAE6nk3.jpg

MisterC20XX

GameStop and Amazon now list the release date for 'Ragnarok Odyssey' as 10/30 instead of 10/16.

I don't know if I can handle RO, NFS:MW and AC3:L all releasing on the same day!

mind-blowing.gif

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I just wish Activision would release some info as to pre order stuff if any. A few videos wouldn't hurt either, it just shows their lack of faith in the game.

Can you blame them? COD doesn't exactly have the most stellar of reputations as it is right now, if this game is as bad as its looking then they are going to want absolutely nothing to do with it.

deimian86

Banned
Call of Duty on PSP sells a lot, in a platform with a lot of piracy when the IP were less popular than nowadays. This CoD gonna sell well (with some marketing).

And don't look soooo terrible, not many shooters with dual analogs and online on handhelds. I think it's an error compare this game with the bigger versions.

Sid

I just wish Activision would release some info as to pre order stuff if any. A few videos wouldn't hurt either, it just shows their lack of faith in the game.
I just wish sony would have taken this more seriously,this was supposed to be THE game for the vita in the west.

Kazerei

Banned
Call of Duty on PSP sells a lot, in a platform with a lot of piracy when the IP were less popular than nowadays. This CoD gonna sell well (with some marketing).

And don't look soooo terrible, not many shooters with dual analogs and online on handhelds. I think it's an error compare this game with the bigger versions.

There was only one COD on PSP. I assume it didn't sell well, considering Activision didn't bother to make more.

Since it's kinda possibile to find some Grand Knight History sprites of higher res than the PSP version, I really hope Vanillaware will think about a upscaled port, the game has a strong online component, and the PSV could be a perfect fit for the franchise.
Sony should really try to help with the publishing of this stuff...

kf2lG.png
woQLO.jpg
w39AB.jpg

Running the Nihilistic twitter account must be the most depressing job in the industry right now

No, the game doesn't have it
Thats up the the publisher
Resistance will be patched at some point
No thats not it in
Yes I know our game sucks

VanWinkle

Bought RCR. Went straight to work. Can't play until I get back. :-(

Also downloaded the sunflowers demo just to make sure I like it first before buying it.

spannicus

I find it hard to believe the CoD engine can't be scaled to the Vita. Surely that would have had better results.

Shit Anvil Next is on the Vita. They just didn't have enough time. Sony touted same day as Console. What's crazy is how much work Ubi Sofia put into Liberation and CoD will probably smash its sales off of name and a short dev cycle.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
So, I just finished SH:BoM demo. It's, eh. :/

Anyway, is someone's doing the OT? I might start a thread for the demo's impressions, since is supposed to be a big franchise (at least on GAF).

Takao

Banned
I wouldn't be surprised if CoD was a case where Activision saw Vita's sales and didn't want Treyarch to devote time to a port on it. Treyarch doesn't sound like they're playing nice in sharing tech so Nihilistic was brought on board since they already have an engine running on the platform.

Since it's kinda possibile to find some Grand Knight History sprites of higher res than the PSP version, I really hope Vanillaware will think about a upscaled port, the game has a strong online component, and the PSV could be a perfect fit for the franchise.
Sony should really try to help with the publishing of this stuff...

kf2lG.png
woQLO.jpg
w39AB.jpg

MarvelousAQL (the publisher) is one of the few Japanese studios who seem to still pick up Sony's calls ...

Skyzard

Banned
Seriously strange all vita games multiplayer hasn't gone over 8

NFS MW would have been nice with 6 players...4 will do though..not sure what's up with that either. Hopefully gets better soon.

Someone added "PSVita needs folders" to the Playstation Blog share thing.

Not sure if they pay attention to it anymore, but worth a try. You know what to do

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/07/21/allow-folders-on-ps-vita/

For the new page...hopefully they've already thought of it though..!

Shit Anvil Next is on the Vita. They just didn't have enough time. Sony touted same day as Console. What's crazy is how much work Ubi Sofia put into Liberation and CoD will probably smash its sales off of name and a short dev cycle.

That's what's crazy to me. Isn't the CoD engine nearly a decade old?

Takao

Banned
It could be 15 years old but if Treyarch doesn't share there's not much Nihilistic can do, and from what we've heard Treyarch almost seem completely unaware of BO:D's existence.

deimian86

Banned
It's banned for a reason. Don't use their numbers as any indication.

So sorry, I didn't know is banned, but that's the reason I add "even if only the half is true".

Also I think that the last Q&A with the developers on PSBlog isn't bad, don't know why but I have hope...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom