• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sid

Konami really hates the Vita, don´t they?

they just announced 4 new versions of PES2013.. Wii, PS2, PSP and 3DS.. lol
Every third party 'hates' it,the thing needs to sell more with the help of first party or moneyhatted third party software.

sajj316

Konami really hates the Vita, don´t they?

they just announced 4 new versions of PES2013.. Wii, PS2, PSP and 3DS.. lol

Sell the PSP version to Vita owners .. stupid!

This is Konami's opportunity to have a solid alternative title to FIFA 13 on the Vita .. FIFA 13 was an embarrassment!

PaulLFC

Massive missed opportunity for Konami. It was expected as they'd never say anything about a possible Vita version when asked, but they've completely missed the chance to capitalise on EA's laziness. Poor show Konami.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Really frustrated with non EA sports titles (aka the good ones) getting a port even to the wii/psp but not the vita.

You telling me it was an enormous amount of work for 2k to use the psp version of 2k 13 but use some of their higher res assets and call it a day?

Hanmik

iyAkc9fQu94gQ.jpg

you have a new follower
me

Sid

Everyone wants to take the wait and see approach but the system won't sell unless it has games which is why sony needs to invest more towards first and third party vita exclusives.

Yup. It's the same issue that keeps coming up. Hopefully this holiday will see a rise in sales and help install confidence in developers/publishers

sajj316

Everyone wants to take the wait and see approach but the system won't sell unless it has games which is why sony needs to invest more towards first and third party vita exclusives.

It's also the responsibility of Sony third-party business development managers. They need to sell the long term viability of the platform. I appreciate Konami being frank on twitter .. tells me that Sony is doing a very good job of selling externally (sarcasm).

AwRy108

Well, thanks to that awesome PlayStation Network Credit Card deal, I just used SONY's own money to buy New Little King's Story and 2/3 of Retro City Rampage; and I also got another year of PS+ for free.

Can't wait to play both games, just wish work wasn't always in the way. Ugh.

AwRy108

It's also the responsibility of Sony third-party business development managers. They need to sell the long term viability of the platform. I appreciate Konami being frank on twitter .. tells me that Sony is doing a very good job of selling externally (sarcasm).

SONY is simply just not doing enough to entice new consumers. I was hoping a price drop combined with CoD Declassified and AC Liberation would be in order for the holidays, but, alas, the Vita is going to go into its first holiday season at a price that the market has proven they don't approve of.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I've got $10 saved on PSN for JSR next week. I've never played the game before, for those who have how would you describe it? Rhythm game?

lol wut. How can you... be... this clueless about a classic, Space? :(

I need to sit down and play JSR. Got too many fingers in too many pies game-wise right now.

Hanmik

Been going back and forth .. it's obvious their arguments are just blanket statements so I had to end it. They are not looking at the opportunity from all angles ..

you should just have asked if they are planning any Wii-U games.. they have a non existing userbase (right now)..

sajj316

you should just have asked if they are planning any Wii-U games.. they have a non existing userbase (right now)..

I would have brought up their other Konami published titles on the Vita but this argument isn't going anywhere. If anything, it semi-confirms that PES2014 will be on the Vita.

Shikoro

I love that argument about how there isn't enough install base to justify a game's development. How about they create a game to make people buy the system and build that install base? By this logic, no system would ever exist because at launch, no one has bought any so why would there be games... Mind boggling...

I respect Ubisoft for taking a shot with ACL, and I think that it's going to pay off for them.

Sid

I would have brought up their other Konami published titles on the Vita but this argument isn't going anywhere. If anything, it semi-confirms that PES2014 will be on the Vita.
They said if it'll sell well.....

I love that argument about how there isn't enough install base to justify a game's development. How about they create a game to make people buy the system and build that install base? By this logic, no system would ever exist because at launch, no one has bought any so why would there be games... Mind boggling...

I respect Ubisoft for taking a shot with ACL, and I think that it's going to pay off for them.
It needs a strong push from sony along with some 'price deals' this fall,cod could have been huge but turned out to be a damn mess,sony should have handled that well.

spannicus

Sony needs to start showing CoD and Liberation commercials like NOW. A lot of people in my school don't even know what a Vita is. When I pull out my big black Vita they all say what's that a PSP.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Sony needs to start showing CoD and Liberation commercials like NOW. A lot of people in my school don't even know what a Vita is. When I pull out my big black Vita they all say what's that a PSP.

That's when you tell them, "No. It's a PSP... 2!" >:D

zroid

Banned
lol, only Konami would make a candid statement like that on Twitter, of all places.

You should be attacking Sony though, not Konami. It's not their responsibility to build an installed base for the Vita. If Sony wants to do it, they should be incentivizing development on the system by third parties.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Someone saying "there aren't enough games on the system to justify making Game one" doesn't mean "there aren't enough games on the system to justify making ANYTHING", does it?

"But what about the other titles you have on Vita?!" Well, there's enough install base for them to make those, or for them to take that risk, but that's where their dedication ends (for now).

I'd be more offended, as a Vita owner, if they said "The system doesn't have enough users, for us to put ANYTHING on it!", but that's not what was said...

spannicus

That's when you tell them, "No. It's a PSP... 2!" >:D

One guy was playing his PSP with Cfw and I said you gotta upgrade. He was like huh and I pulled the Vita out of my backpack and let him play it for a few. Told him how u can play psone and PSP games on it also. Then I told him to look on Craigslist to find one at a good deal. He started to look on Craigslist and was like oh man I gotta get one of these. Then I closed the deal by showing him Soul Sacrifice's trailer. Sony you owe me lol

PaulLFC

As much as I disagree with Konami's decision not to bring PES out for Vita, I have to give them credit for having an honest conversation about it with me and a few others on Twitter, not dressing their responses up in corporate-speak and spin.

Their response was basically that the userbase isn't big enough (as they said to sajj above), I said the userbase can't be expected to increase without games, to which they agreed, but said they have to budget each game accordingly and at the moment it doesn't make sense. They did say they'd bet on 2014 coming out for Vita though.

Whats up with the EU playstation blog lately. They normally post about the PSN update on tuesdays and this is the second week in a row they havn't bothered to. They still havnt posted about it (which is meant to include new releases on PSMobile) and its meant to be live in just over 2 hours???

Also, those jap sales numbers for vita...... ouch.

--------------

After completing the story of Gods Eater Burst the other week I thought I would reinstall monster hunter and give it another go. 2 hours later I uninstalled it again. I just cant get passed the clunky ass controls. Also things like the monster going into areas with other monsters (was fighting the mega crab thing) and you just get combo'd by everything in the zone and it just ends up making me rage. Guess the game just isn't for me. I just went back to god eater and got me a full rank 10 set. Will go and try the challenges and DLC with them when im in the mood for that sort of thing.

So not thats complete im back to persona 3 portable and its awesomeness. About 24 hours in and it just gets better the more I play.

Still theres a lot coming out over the next few months but luckily its a game I can easily take breaks from and come back to when im in the mood.

Hanmik

Whats up with the EU playstation blog lately. They normally post about the PSN update on tuesdays and this is the second week in a row they havn't bothered to. They still havnt posted about it (which is meant to include new releases on PSMobile) and its meant to be live in just over 2 hours???

they tweeted that it would go live at 15.00 GMT (in nine minutes) this morning..

I don´t think they ever posted on Tuesdays..? it´s normally Wednesday at 13.00 GMT.. but last week they released one too early (had JSR for Vita in it), so they postponed it till 15.00 ..

they tweeted that it would go live at 15.00 GMT (in nine minutes) this morning..

I don´t think they ever posted on Tuesdays..? it´s normally Wednesday at 13.00 GMT.. but last week they released one too early (had JSR for Vita in it), so they postponed it till 15.00 ..

Its been tuesdays for months. The heads up "psn store update" posts.

Doesn't really matter. Just wondered why its changed all of a sudden. Hopefully some new stuff is on PS Mobile. Some apps would be nice.

ryushe

One guy was playing his PSP with Cfw and I said you gotta upgrade. He was like huh and I pulled the Vita out of my backpack and let him play it for a few. Told him how u can play psone and PSP games on it also.
I would've relied with a "oooh, I can too... not only that, ALL ps1 and psp games are compatible for me."

I still love my vita, though. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom