• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before this thread gets all nasty against Konami - they did bring New Little King's Story over, even though they didn't fix the slowdown but still .. it's a great game :)

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
any comments/reviews on spy hunter?

Initially no one wanted to jump on that hand grenade, then one gaffer joked about buying it and everyone requested screens/impressions. One brave soul actually stepped up and bought it: http://youtu.be/XTm2iBJE5Vs

Looks like most were thinking of picking it up for $15, but now it seems most are waiting for the inevitable "Free With Playstation Plus" version.

Shinriji

My japanese demo review:

- DJMAX Technika Tune: Incredible game. High production values, fast loading, nice visual, tons of different mode, impressive use of the touchscreen, the sound is pretty good with headphones. You can see that they don't cut corners when producing this game. My GF liked as well.
- Assault Gunners: A fun, simple Armored Core clone. The default controls sucks, but with some tinkering it became pretty good. Nice graphics, with and unlocked framerate that peaks 60FPS at times. The missions were straightforward, but with friends should be more fun. I'd buy it if they release here for 1o bucks (hint, hint)
- Hatsune Miku Project Diva f: The dissapointment of the batch. Pretty poor, blurry graphics. Loading times are annoying. The timing of the game is somewhat off, that kills all my enjoyment with this game, and I'm used to music games. Menus are clunky as well. An OK game, but if you compare Miku with DJMAX, the better game shows itself. Gonna buy when they releases "the best" version. Sorry, TGH, but you diva sucks :(
- Tales of Innocence R: A OK Tales of...Graphics are merely OK (30FPS, not many detail on the models), but loads fast enough. The battles are somewhat slower than Graces f, but there is not many techniques to try with the demo. Also is really short.
- Ragnarok Odyssey: A competent Monter Hunter clone. It is more focused on aerial battles. Nothing stands out that much, but launch, combo and slam Orcs into invisible walls is fun. As Assault Gunners, it is a game to play with friends. The thing that catched my attention is the game Live Area, with animated anouncements, changing banners and stuff. I didn't know that it was possible, because all US games have those boring "company logo" that takes you to the website. They should invest more in that to market DLC or updates.

And some PSP demo reviews

- Sol Trigger: Release this on the PSN now, please. Amazing graphics for the PSP, the story looks interesting, battles are like Dragon Quest 8. The only thing missing is a second analog to focus the camera.
- Strike Witches: A nice Shoot 'm up. But I think that they adapt a twin stick game to the PSP, and the results are mixed. I'd tried to map the face buttons to the right analog stick, but even so the constrols aren't perfect.
- Tales of Heroes: Twin Brave: A Tales musou, that's novel. Boring. Deleted as fast as I downloaded (was only 40 MB)

Mondriaan

Before this thread gets all nasty against Konami - they did bring New Little King's Story over, even though they didn't fix the slowdown but still .. it's a great game :)

I picked it up last night. Probably the best part of the game for me is finding ridiculous equipment and sticking them on the townsfolk that make up what passes for my royal guard. I need to figure out who I'm going to arm with the folding chair.

kiyomi

My japanese demo review:

- DJMAX Technika Tune: Incredible game. High production values, fast loading, nice visual, tons of different mode, impressive use of the touchscreen, the sound is pretty good with headphones. You can see that they don't cut corners when producing this game. My GF liked as well.

- Hatsune Miku Project Diva f: The dissapointment of the batch. Pretty poor, blurry graphics. Loading times are annoying. The timing of the game is somewhat off, that kills all my enjoyment with this game, and I'm used to music games. Menus are clunky as well. An OK game, but if you compare Miku with DJMAX, the better game shows itself. Gonna buy when they releases "the best" version. Sorry, TGH, but you diva sucks :(

Would agree on these, DJM was a lot more fun than Miku. I think the biggest thing for me was how in DJM your input felt like it was needed, in Miku you were just playing stick-on percussion.

I'm not a rhythm game player, and I have next to no experience with them - but my instinct tells me DJM is by far a better game. It's also cheaper. I would love to get it.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Konami really hates the Vita, don´t they?

they just announced 4 new versions of PES2013.. Wii, PS2, PSP and 3DS.. lol

I wonder if a Vita version would exist if the PSP was discontinued? Konami is probably thinking it's smarter to put the game on PSP since Vita owners will be able to download it as well, versus putting it on Vita and losing possible PSP customers.

Ran rp

One guy was playing his PSP with Cfw and I said you gotta upgrade. He was like huh and I pulled the Vita out of my backpack and let him play it for a few. Told him how u can play psone and PSP games on it also. Then I told him to look on Craigslist to find one at a good deal. He started to look on Craigslist and was like oh man I gotta get one of these. Then I closed the deal by showing him Soul Sacrifice's trailer. Sony you owe me lol

But he's buying a used system.

zroid

Banned
Konami really hates the Vita, don´t they?

they just announced 4 new versions of PES2013.. Wii, PS2, PSP and 3DS.. lol

To be fair, I'm sure it's a lot easier to do annual updates when you have last year's framework to build from than starting fresh on a new platform.

I wonder if a Vita version would exist if the PSP was discontinued? Konami is probably thinking it's smarter to put the game on PSP since Vita owners will be able to download it as well, versus putting it on Vita and losing possible PSP customers.

PSP, PS2, Wii versions already exists so they will pull EA and just update roosters there.

Caelestis

- Tales of Innocence R: A OK Tales of...Graphics are merely OK (30FPS, not many detail on the models), but loads fast enough. The battles are somewhat slower than Graces f, but there is not many techniques to try with the demo. Also is really short.
I guess it's safe to assume this is never going to be localized at this point? Until this post I actually forgot the game even existed. I wish they'd give it a shot though even if the game might not be the best thing ever.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Anyone know what the secret is to getting to the next levels in Sunflowers? Seems like I've been stuck in the 20s forever.

I'm not the only one that enjoys it, but sure, I guess.

Shinriji

And one more that I forgot to write.

- Ragnarok Odyssey: A competent Monter Hunter clone. It is more focused on aerial battles. Nothing stands out that much, but launch, combo and slam Orcs into invisible walls is fun. As Assault Gunners, it is a game to play with friends. The thing that catched my attention is the game Live Area, with animated anouncements, changing banners and stuff. I didn't know that it was possible, because all US games have those boring "company logo" that takes you to the website. They should invest more in that to market DLC or updates.

All in all, the JP store is more alive than the US one. They have screenshots and videos for almost all games, released and upcoming. The PSP and PS1 section is HUGE, and there is even a PSP demo section that is compatible with the vita.

MGS HD was great too

True I forgot that hit Vita. Shame that the ZOE collection is having issues across the board, they probably can't realistically do a Vita port at this point :(

No nasty from me .. just posed the question. Am having a civil conversation and even posed the question about ZoE when given the opportunity.

Latest on the convo .. https://twitter.com/sajj316/status/256034151533268992

I didn't mean anything bad by it, I actually should've mentioned that NLKS is such a niche game, it's a miracle that it even made it outside of Japan IMO. Maybe Konami will use that and their other few games like SH: BoM to gauge whether or not they want to put more stuff on Vita?

zroid

Banned
So tempted to buy Sunflowers...

But I literally want it for no other reason than the music. And I could listen to Four Seasons at any time. Hard to justify :/

The arrangements used in the game though are very charming.

B.O.O.M

not gonna lie....I would still buy it in a heartbeat!

oh and guys guys guys! Did you see this?

http://gematsu.com/2012/10/senran-kagura-shinovi-versus-producer-talks-ps-vita-breasts

But why is Marvelous AQL putting the next Senran Kagura on PlayStation Vita?

“Because I wanted to make tits that could be licked,” said Takaki.

“Tits are life, ass is hometown.”

GOD FUCKING TIER PR I SAY!

images

spannicus

PSY・S;43050126 said:
But he's buying a used system.

correct, but at least he now knows what a Vita is and I am sure will tell his friends about it. The Vita seriously needs to be marketed better.

My japanese demo review:

Would agree on these, DJM was a lot more fun than Miku. I think the biggest thing for me was how in DJM your input felt like it was needed, in Miku you were just playing stick-on percussion.

I'm not a rhythm game player, and I have next to no experience with them - but my instinct tells me DJM is by far a better game. It's also cheaper. I would love to get it.

Damn it, now you guys have me questioning my Miku purchase. I'm not a huge rhythm gamer, but I wanted something fun and different to play. =(

Maybe I should just send it straight back to Amazon?

http://gematsu.com/2012/10/senran-kagura-shinovi-versus-producer-talks-ps-vita-breasts

Holy ... that is so amazing I don't even have words for it. You literally can't make this stuff up. The only thing that'll make this game even more hilariously awesome will be if it actually makes it outside of Japan, while the 3DS ones haven't.

Darkangus

Dawg

Anyone else find it irritating that pixels seem to react slow? This is especially noticeable during LittleBigPlanet Vita, where the 2d gameplay makes the screen move left/right all the time. Just focus your eyes on any background items (such as the checkpoint circle for example) once you reach the far side of the screen and it starts moving, I always notice some kind of ghosting/trailing on the background stuff. Kinda feels like the pixels are shaky somehow.

zroid

Banned
not gonna lie....I would still buy it in a heartbeat!

what

Does this have its own thread? It needs its own thread.

Anyone else find it irritating that pixels seem to react slow? This is especially noticeable during LittleBigPlanet Vita, where the 2d gameplay makes the screen move left/right all the time. Just focus your eyes on any background items (such as the save circle for example) once you reach the far side of the screen and it starts moving, I always notice some kind of ghosting/trailing on the background stuff. Kinda feels like the pixels are shaky somehow.

Vita has ghosting? :(....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom