• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyborg009

Banned
Had a Vita earlier this year but sold it to breakeven because just wasn't enough games. But man, the games coming up look awesome: ACIII, LBP, P4, Soul Sacrifice, Ragnarok, among others. Definitely hoping for a good Black Friday deal.

Get the bundle I'm getting NFS:MW and PSABR with assassin's creed 3 liberation bundle

Carl

UvL1o.gif

Maybe you're right on the gunpaly, I dunno, but no way is it better than UC2 at least.

Not a big fan of Uncharted 2 at all :)

Golden Abyss > Uncharted 1 > Uncharted 2 > Uncharted 3.

Naughty Dog doesn't seem to be able to match the greatness of Uncharted 1 which is a shame. The graphics keep getting more pretty, but the games just aren't as good.

Kerub

Banned
I didn't like the controls in GA..they felt so sluggish. Using motion control to fine tune made it a bit better, but the controls still ruined the game for me.

Not a big fan of Uncharted 2 at all :)

Golden Abyss > Uncharted 1 > Uncharted 2 > Uncharted 3.

Naughty Dog doesn't seem to be able to match the greatness of Uncharted 1 which is a shame. The graphics keep getting more pretty, but the games just aren't as good.

The fact that I still see GA above UC1 on your list bothers me.

What is this i don't

Vitacat

I never played Uncharted before the Vita version (don't own a PS3) but I think it's really good. Don't understand how anyone could actively dislike it. It's fun, looks great, and plays great.

Sid

What have I done ... speaking of Uncharted, what is Sony Bend up to these days?
They are making something ,hopefully more uncharted for vita, since early this year, there was an article on eurogamer on this and since golden abyss is the best selling vita title i think it's likely we'll see a sequel to it.

jimmypython

there are some crazy speculations on 2ch about a monhun clone developped by CAPCOM in collaboration with SCE that will be revealed in this week's famitsu...

in fact it doesn't make any sense to me that i don't even bother to translate the details....

PS. I'm actually pretty happy with the current soul sacrifice+god eater 2 situation. I mean other than mh4 and phoenix wright games, the 3ds lineup was not that impressive.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
cross.Age
・SCEとカプコンが共同で作ってるモンハン風ゲーム
・ディレクターは一ノ瀬
・開発は2010年から
・vitaベースで作ってps3とマルチ同発
・世界観はSF(グラの雰囲気がスタオーっぽい)
・拠点惑星をベースに、色々な星へ行って狩る
・敵から狩とったパーツで武器やアーマーの強化
・モンハンと違ってストーリー性が高い
・主人公の名前はシン 。赤髪
・ヒロインの名前はニーナ
・キャラの絵描いてる人がブレスオブファイアの人?(でもブレスシリーズではない)

情報解禁は今週のファミ通だが、ここだとフラゲで水曜日に見れるか
一ノ瀬の二ページインタビューあり

Sid

there are some crazy speculations on 2ch about a monhun clone developped by CAPCOM in collaboration with SCE that will be revealed in this week's famitsu...

in fact it doesn't make any sense to me that i don't even bother to translate the details....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
cross.Age
・ディレクターは一ノ瀬
・開発は2010年から
・vitaベースで作ってps3とマルチ同発
・世界観はSF(グラの雰囲気がスタオーっぽい)
・拠点惑星をベースに、色々な星へ行って狩る
・敵から狩とったパーツで武器やアーマーの強化
・モンハンと違ってストーリー性が高い
・主人公の名前はシン 。赤髪
・ヒロインの名前はニーナ

一ノ瀬の二ページインタビューあり
Monhun clone by capcom would be useless for sony.

Derrick01

Banned
Uncharted 1 is easily the worst game in the franchise though I obviously haven't played GA yet, but it seems more like that than 2 and 3 which is a shame. Still going to buy it though.

Uncharted 1 is easily the worst game in the franchise though I obviously haven't played GA yet, but it seems more like that than 2 and 3 which is a shame. Still going to buy it though.

I no longer like you, sir. :p

Uncharted is easily the best in the series -- if they patched in the control improvements from 2 or 3 to it, it would not even be debatable. :p

KalBalboa

Banned
I find the Uncharted franchise really difficult to make an order of.

I frankly loved them all, and the only things I really can definitively point out as improvements would be the co-op modes in 2 & 3, the continually improving graphics of the series, and the more involved treasure hunting on Golden Abyss (I also loved the touch controls for rope climbing).

I don't think I could ever really say which is the best/worst.

Can't believe people are actually putting Golden Abyss over Uncharted 2, but GA did have a bigger focus on exploring. UC2 completely changed the game and gave birth to all the Uncharted clones we have coming in 2013. It's easily the best one and the most influential out of the 4 Uncharted games, it was phenomenal. UC2 >>>> UC3 > UC:GA > UC1.

Sid

You won't be able to handle the final boss in GA,it's a 6-7 min. touch QTE.

I agree. UC1 was in every way inferior to both 2 and 3.

I honestly didn't give a fuck when I first saw the gameplay of UC1.

Can't believe people are actually putting Golden Abyss over Uncharted 2, but GA did have a bigger focus on exploring. UC2 completely changed the game and gave birth to all the Uncharted clones we have coming in 2013. It's easily the best one and the most influential out of the 4 Uncharted games, it was phenomenal. UC2 >>>> UC3 > UC:GA > UC1.

Uncharted 2 took everything that made Uncharted special and threw it out the window in favor of action and cover based shooting. Uncharted 3 at least brings back the treasure hunting, Indiana Jones style vibe with a good amount of puzzles added back in and gives the ability to avoid huge "I should just go play Gears of War" firefights using stealth. I consider Uncharted 2 to be one of the most overrated games of recent generations... the only place it outshines the original is in some of the improvements they made to gameplay mechanics. Story is worse. Pacing is worse. Without a doubt in my mind: Uncharted > Uncharted 3 > Golden Abyss >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Uncharted 2.

Either way, sorry for contributing to the derailing of the thread with this argument. Let's go back to talking about the Vita. :)

zroid

Banned
This Uncharted conversation happens at least once in every Vita thread. It's getting a little tiresome :/

It's always the same people saying the same things.

Noi

I like Golden Abyss more than Uncharted 1, which I like more than Uncharted 2. Haven't played 3.

Once you go analog + tilt for precision aiming, you can't go back. Made Unit 13 unplayable for me.

I'VE GOT NOTHING TO HIDE.

spats

I like every Uncharted game, but for different reasons. :(

Also, why hasn't SCEE but LBP Vita back up on the store yet? I thought they fixed the install file already.

slider

Also, why hasn't SCEE but LBP Vita back up on the store yet? I thought they fixed the install file already.

FWIW it is on the UK store. Or it was. What I actually mean is I started DL'ing it a short while ago.

lepo

PS. I'm actually pretty happy with the current soul sacrifice+god eater 2 situation. I mean other than mh4 and phoenix wright games, the 3ds lineup was not that impressive.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
cross.Age
・ディレクターは一ノ瀬
・開発は2010年から
・vitaベースで作ってps3とマルチ同発
・世界観はSF(グラの雰囲気がスタオーっぽい)
・拠点惑星をベースに、色々な星へ行って狩る
・敵から狩とったパーツで武器やアーマーの強化
・モンハンと違ってストーリー性が高い
・主人公の名前はシン 。赤髪
・ヒロインの名前はニーナ

一ノ瀬の二ページインタビューあり

another one...

with Sould Sacrifice, God Eaters 2, PSO 2 we should be more than happy already

I am curios to see what this is all about

Sid

another one...

with Sould Sacrifice, God Eaters 2, PSO 2 we should be more than happy already

I am curios to see what this is all about
But god eater 2 is not a vita exclusive neither is PSO,talking in terms of system sellers.

Carl

FWIW it is on the UK store. Or it was. What I actually mean is I started DL'ing it a short while ago.

yeah i bought it midnight friday, but checking it now there is no "download" button on the LBP page, and it won't let me rate the game :S

Derrick01

Banned
Yeah but the game is around 11 hours long so it shouldn't be too bad.

I'm going to buy it used just because they force gimmicks on me. I hate that more then forced multiplayer, co op or any other dumb thing like that. They built a 2 stick system so we wouldn't have to do that shit. I need something cheap to punch right now.

Sid

I'm going to buy it used just because they force gimmicks on me. I hate that more then forced multiplayer, co op or any other dumb thing like that. They built a 2 stick system so we wouldn't have to do that shit. I need something cheap to punch right now.
Cool.

slider

yeah i bought it midnight friday, but checking it now there is no "download" button on the LBP page, and it won't let me rate the game :S

Hmm, interesting.

I started my DL a short while ago (i.e. within the last 2 hours or something) and on reading your post just checked my Vita and after an install there it is on my screen. How odd for the rest of Europe. Maybe spats you could check again? If you're interested enough of course.

Rasec

Same here and i bought the game using the search function and i got that email from sony saying about some errors on that installation file of the game and that they would refund my money so i can then purchase the game again.

Weird thing is that i installed the game just fine and everything works great. Don't know what's the problem.

And i have the same situation as you carl.
Guess i have to wait for the game to be up again and then purchase it again and will get everything ok.

On other news, or not, i just finished the story mode on little big planet.
Very nice little game. *_*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom