• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, then there's an issue off timing. What do we know is due for the Vita next year?

Killzone, Tearaway, odd world remake (plus Munch game), Sly 4,

There are obviously more coming (and announced not really in a position right now to do lots of research) but especially in Q1/2 next year there doesn't seem a lot.

kiyomi

Well, then there's an issue off timing. What do we know is due for the Vita next year?

There are obviously more coming (and announced not really in a position right now to do lots of research) but especially in Q1/2 next year there doesn't seem a lot.

Persona 4 Golden, in the EU. Which will mark almost an entire year between Japanese release and EU release. \:D/

deimian86

Banned

PSVita 2013 Line-Up

Very probably: Killzone, Tearaway, Sly 4, Ys: Celceta, Souls Sacrifice, Earth Defense Force Portable 3, Little Battlers Xperience W.

Probably: Oboro Muramasa and Valhala Knights 3, because they release on Q1 in Japan, so, Q2-Q3 american-european release? God Eater 2, Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus 2, Atelier Totori Plus

Maybe: FFX HD :lol:, Dragons Crown, Bioshock? :lol:

Cof, cof: Zone of the Enders HD, Warrior's Lair

PSN : (if they don't release this year) Guacamelee! Snapshot, Kickbeat, Oddworld remakes, Sine Mora, Malicious Rebirth, Urban Trials, Castle Storm, Box Open Me!, Piccotto Knights...

so are they updating PS Mobile or what? Im sure somewhere last week they said it would be every wednesday but that didn't happen. Was hoping today maybe.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
monster monpiece
http://www.compileheart.com/mon-mon/
KXemX.jpg

PSVita 2013 Line-Up

Very probably: Killzone, Tearaway, Sly 4, Ys: Celceta, Souls Sacrifice, Earth Defense Force Portable 3, Little Battlers Xperience W.

Probably: Oboro Muramasa and Valhala Knights 3, because they release on Q1 in Japan, so, Q2-Q3 american-european release? God Eater 2, Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus 2, Atelier Totori Plus

Chances are likely those will come? I wasn't sure :(

Shinriji

VITA GAME LIST

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkcebbnqCi8DdHJoQVpnenBDQldmNlM2aFlxd2FWaEE&pli=1#gid=0

VITABROS POPULARITY TOP 10 - Updated

1. Little Big Planet PS Vita
2. Sound Shapes
3. Gravity Rush
4. Uncharted: Golden Abyss
5. Hot Shots Golf: World Invitation
6. Motorstorm RC
7. Super Stardust Delta / Tales of Space
8. Lumines: Eletronic Symphony
9. Treasure Park
10. MGS HD Collection / Rayman Origins / Wipeout 2048

NEW RELEASES THIS WEEK:

- Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock
- Retro City Rampage
- Spy Hunter
- Sunflowers (US)

Why not?

All previous Ys games were released here and it's not that text heavy.

Muramasa already has most of translation done

Ah true, true. I was just trying to not get my hopes up too high, we've been getting a lot of localizations announced so :p

Also wow, how did I miss the Compile Heart game up there? They weren't kidding when they said it would have pinching, poking and so on. I guess they're just going with the pervy stigma at this point.

RoylAsult

so i just picked up little big planer for 22 on Amazon warehouse deals! havnt bought a game since Gravity Rush came out but i need a suggestion. which is the better game on PSN, sound shapes or Dr. Who? I know sound shapes is highly recommended and it looks like a cool platform for Dr. Who looks like a pretty fun puzzle game as well...

i guess i could always just get both lol.

kerrak

Sound Shapes is really good. I finished the "campaign" a few weeks ago. Yesterday i fired the game, and the thanks to community levels it feels fresh.
I consider platforming to be very tight.
Haven't checked Dr Who.

Shinriji

so i just picked up little big planer for 22 on Amazon warehouse deals! havnt bought a game since Gravity Rush came out but i need a suggestion. which is the better game on PSN, sound shapes or Dr. Who? I know sound shapes is highly recommended and it looks like a cool platform for Dr. Who looks like a pretty fun puzzle game as well...

i guess i could always just get both lol.

Get both. Play Sound Shapes first.

Darkone

PSVita 2013 Line-Up

Maybe: FFX HD :lol:, Dragons Crown, Bioshock? :lol:

Cof, cof: Zone of the Enders HD, Warrior's Lair

PSN : (if they don't release this year) Guacamelee! Snapshot, Kickbeat, Oddworld remakes, Sine Mora, Malicious Rebirth, Urban Trials, Castle Storm, Box Open Me!, Piccotto Knights...

Very looking forward to: Dragons Crown & Warrior's Lair, hope they won`t disappoint.

EDF is so much fun on the Vita, can't believe how well it works! Its perfect for handheld play seeing as the missions are just the right length for me to dip in and out of when I have a couple of spare minutes. I also really like the way the buildings collapse when hit with rockets, especially if ants are still on them as they soar through the air as the buildings crumble into rubble.
I also picked up Dokuro and Virtua Tennis 4 but haven't put much time into either. Dokuro seems like a fun little platformer game, VT4 looks amazing but I'm really rubbish at it right now!

sajj316

The WRC screenshots that I looked at .. does it seem like they were OS level screenshots? It seemed compressed and lacked color. Anyone play WRC with hands-on impressions?

EDF is so much fun on the Vita, can't believe how well it works! Its perfect for handheld play seeing as the missions are just the right length for me to dip in and out of when I have a couple of spare minutes. I also really like the way the buildings collapse when hit with rockets, especially if ants are still on them as they soar through the air as the buildings crumble into rubble.

I can't wait for that game.. I love those style of games, but I've never played an EDF game before (I know..) How is the performance? I've seen some screens and stuff here and there but I was curious.

Does Resistance still have anyone playing online? I saw that there was a patch coming today. I wonder if its worth picking up at this point or if I should just wait until the price drops further

PSVita 2013 Line-Up

...Valhala Knights 3...

Speaking of Valhala Knights, did anyone play Valhala Knights 2: Battle Stance on PSP? It's like $10 so I always wanted to try it but never got around to it

I can't wait for that game.. I love those style of games, but I've never played an EDF game before (I know..) How is the performance? I've seen some screens and stuff here and there but I was curious.

The performance is decent from what I've played so far (10 missions in). The frame rate does chug a bit when you have loads of enemies on screen, buildings collapsing etc. but I'm talking 20+ enemies at least with lots going on that it drops below 30fps, it quickly picks up again though as you start to kill more of the enemies so its not that bad. I think it only drops to 25fps ish when there is lots going on so its far from unplayable in these brief instances.
Graphically it pretty much seems just like the Xbox 360 version (EDF 2017), maybe a little worse hear and there but I've not noticed any big compromises in the graphics. I swear the draw distance seems better than the 360 version but that might just be my mind playing tricks on me. And of course you've got the online mode which wasn't even present in the console version of 2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom