• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerub

Banned
No news about Project Diva or DJMax Technika Tune coming to europe?

I want a new Vita game but I don't like assassins creed. :( Might get NFS instead.

any news on the resistance burning skies patch? whats it add.

please fix Frame rate and net code in multiplayer as well as tone down shotgun..... game would be fun if they do that.

edit

found this

http://psvitagamer.net/threads/resistance-burning-skies-patch-1-02-goes-live-tomorrow.5096/

so 2 of the 3 problems possibly addressed (although connection issues might not also include your connection in game, just joining.). Might give it a go then when it goes live. Not convinced the frame rate drops wont do my head in but it might be barable if its now worth while using the other weapons and not just destroying everyone with the mule.

I'll be happy if that fixes my connection issues with the game. I might give it another try if it does...

AwRy108

How come we don't hear a lot about RemotePlay? Apart from it only working for 2 games right now (which might be the cause of people not talking about it), this could be an absolutely incredible feature should Sony support it more.

Been playing Shadow of the Colossus this way, works perfectly. Tons of fun.

My guess is b/c it a feature that very few Vita owners actually utilize. I've have the Vita since day one and use it daily, but I've never used Remote Play on it.

Foshy

No news about Project Diva or DJMax Technika Tune coming to europe?

I want a new Vita game but I don't like assassins creed. :( Might get NFS instead.

If you want DJMAX, just import it. There's not much japanese text, the menus and most of the important stuff is in English.

And definitely get NFS :)

VanWinkle

I'll check out Resistance Burning Skies tonight after the patch. I used to be able to get into a game about 1 in 50 tries so I completely stopped playing. If that problem is resolved I may get back into it a little.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
so who else is excited about seeing KZ, Uncharted, LBP, God of War screenshots on the gaikai.com site?

I wouldn't get too excited, there's no way Sony is going to start streaming PS3 games to devices any time soon, due to the hardware they would literally need a PS3 on the other end for each person, which just isn't economical.

KalBalboa

Banned
How come we don't hear a lot about RemotePlay? Apart from it only working for 2 games right now (which might be the cause of people not talking about it), this could be an absolutely incredible feature should Sony support it more.

Been playing Shadow of the Colossus this way, works perfectly. Tons of fun.

Not to be argumentative, but they did just add Remote Play support to the God of War collection too, and Tokyo Jungle is getting it really soon. I've been playing the original God of War on my Vita this way whenever I've been in bed this past week- I like having something to play whenever I'm hitting the hay.

To be honest I'm just waiting for TJ in regards to remote play. I want that game wherever I am dammit!

You've been abbe to get remote play working from outside your house?! I only have succes when I'm siting on my couch that's 7 feet away from PS3.

Still, I'm waiting for the remote play patch too. I actually get more gaming time in these days when I'm not hogging the living room TV. That's another reason why I love my Vita and I'm excited for Wii U.

will i be shunned if i talk about birth by sleep here

Shun+the+non-believer!!!1!.bmp

BibiMaghoo

I finally checked out the demo for gravity rush..

I did not like it. Am I doing vita wrong lol?
Demo didn't seem very polished and didnt really tell me anything about what you do in the game. Other than float around lol.

Skyzard

Banned

Demo didn't seem very polished and didnt really tell me anything about what you do in the game. Other than float around lol.

Demo was too simple, game was decent - have a look on youtube.

If you want DJMAX, just import it. There's not much japanese text, the menus and most of the important stuff is in English.

And definitely get NFS :)

Actually there is zero japanese/korean text lol, the game has full english text if you change the language in the options, there is even a prompt the first time you run the game with that option IIRC

test_account

XP-39C²
Just noticed the Call of Duty Vita Killcam being DLC. I think such a thing would be free. Would be crazy to charge for such a feature at least.

I personally felt the game asks too much in regard to controls...reminds me of San Andreas PC

Pretty sure I'll play it, but bargain bin price

BibiMaghoo

Was disappoint.

I'll maybe get it cheap one day, but not any time soon. I guess I expected to much from all the hype.

NLKS it is then.

VanWinkle

Didn't know SunFlowers was on iOS as well. However, it's not nearly as fun as it is playing it on Vita. The Vita's more comfortable and the huge saturated screen makes it more fun to play.

(those lines on the Vita's screen are the camera's fault btw; doesn't look like that on Vita)

darkwing

Didn't know SunFlowers was on iOS as well. However, it's not nearly as fun as it is playing it on Vita. The Vita's more comfortable and the huge saturated screen makes it more fun to play.

plus you can use the rear touch so you can see the flowers in all their glory

MisterC20XX

(those lines on the Vita's screen are the camera's fault btw; doesn't look like that on Vita)

I need this game on my Android phone stat!

plus you can use the rear touch so you can see the flowers in all their glory

I didn't realize on the Vita you can control the sun with the rear touchpad. Using it along with the left trigger is now my favorite way to play.

Just noticed the Call of Duty Vita Killcam being DLC. I think such a thing would be free. Would be crazy to charge for such a feature at least.

They probably meant an update. ie, it wouldn't be ready at launch.

All you do is float and fight. But all you do in Mario is run and jump so that's an understatement.

The game strong points are it's presentation, art direction and characters. Its got a great lighthearted main characters. I enjoyed the fights and challenges a lot but I can see why some wouldn't.

Takao

Banned
I wouldn't know where to start on making a OT. :/

*insert banner here*

Developer: Wayforward
Publisher: Konami
Platform: PlayStation Vita
Genre: Dungeon Crawler
Release Date(s): _________ (NA), ________ (EU)
Players: 1-4

Plot outline

Screenshots

Trailers

Reviews

*Mention demo here*

VanWinkle

One interesting thing I noticed is that SunFlowers has been out for almost two months on the App Store and it has 28 ratings. It's been out on the Vita for two days and has 230 ratings! Hopefully this means continued Vita support by the devs. It's harder to get a game to sell well on the App Store with it being so crowded, even if it's a great game like SunFlowers, so I think there's a compelling case to making games for a smaller market.

darkwing

I need this game on my Android phone stat!

I didn't realize on the Vita you can control the sun with the rear touchpad. Using it along with the left trigger is now my favorite way to play.

my mind was blown when I started to play like this, I'm starting to be afraid I might where out my left trigger quickly lol

wow, thanks for this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom