• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zen

Banned
Wow, this RCR demo. It's interesting. Not sure how to feel about it but I might like it.

It's just not for me, I can't seem to get into it (your dude looks so small on the screen, and everything is so... dense... and finicky).

More power to it though, it seems to have an audience and I might try to let it win me over when it goes on sale in the future.

Grinchy

Banned
It's just not for me, I can't seem to get into it (your dude looks so small on the screen, and everything is so... dense... and finicky).

More power to it though, it seems to have an audience and I might try to let it win me over when it goes on sale in the future.

yeah I'm not sure if it's for me either, but I definitely don't dislike it yet. I think I need to come back to it later.

Guys anyone have pictures of FF7 and/or 9 on their Vita. I wanted to buy a PC version that was released recently but graphics weren't that good. So I wonder how are they on Vita :)

kerrak

A little summary of my Vita experience and overall impression.
as if somebody cares...

I'm sorry if vita's value proposition hasn't clicked with you. You need to understand that it has been designed as a gaming device for enthusiasts in the same vein that dslr cameras exist for photography enthusiats.
Everything i need as a gamer in terms of what the hardware can do is there, and in terms of software it obviously depends on each individual preferences, but with less than a year life, it looks good to me. I don't give a fuck about hipothetical longevity of the system (all we ever have is now - The Flaming Lips).
You want a convergence device. That's fine. Gaming on it will be enough for you. Ok. Not for me.I own every gadget available and all my serious gaming is on vita.
You told us why you disliked the vita experience. I'll tell you why i love it:
Only system with a massive 5 inch oled that i can take comfortably in my hands while using fingers of both of my hands to control it.
Only system with every input method and each one ranges from good to excellent (excellent dpad, responsive touch, etc..)
Only system where i can have both multitouch games and unobstructed vision games (without my own fingers on the screen)
Portable device with console type experiences
Good gameplay time to battery usage.
Set of non gaming apps relevant for gamers: integration on the same device of my twitter gaming centric account, gaf surfing and posting, youtube gaming viewing, custom soundtracks, etc...
Full PSN functionality (trophies, party chat, messaging, free multiplayer, Plus discounts and soon InstaGameCollection)

Of course, multimedia handling could be better, the os needs a few improvements, and non gaming apps a la flickr or maps are welcome. Your criticisms are valid, but honestly, to focus on these aspects, sounds to me as if you were explaining in a Nikon forum your experience with your camera was poor due to not having a fully-fledged gps, instead of a geolocalisation feature to tag photos, and inot make any comment on the grip, the lenses, the build quality, the megapixels or the white balance accuracy. Not make any comment of a good moment you had taking some pictures in a nice place.

VanWinkle expressed what i think better than me, but hopefully you get the point.

ZeroAKA

I just got new headphones (upgrading from fairly cheap earbuds) today! The music in Sound Shapes and Gravity Rush sound absolutely amazing, and I almost want to replay Gravity Rush now. :)

Nice to hear Ragnarok Odyssey finally got a release date. The second half of October is looking very expensive.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Oh, that's not a problem at all. For a moment I thought that the PSN version would weeks behind.

Personally I think its kind of a big problem. I was banking on this being out in October for the $100 promotion. Gonna be kinda pissed if the physical version is out but the digital for some reason isn't up :/

Oh god yes, many times I thought about switching since I spend most of my day in front of a laptop anyway. I miss the days of charging my phone once per week.

So true - I have Galaxy I and if i weren't using it as car GPS / comic reader I'd go back to dumbphone without hesitation.

UberTag

I'm just finishing up my Gravity Rush run right now. Have 4 campaign missions and gold medals in all of the challenges to go. All other trophies/missions have been covered.

The levels in this game have quite simply taken my breath away. I can understand how the learning curve for the controls (when underpowered) and the load times hampered its critical reception but it truly is a work of art.

Hoping to Plat this over the weekend. This will be Game #6 on the VITA that I've completely trophy conquered along with Uncharted: Golden Abyss, PvZ, PulzAR, Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack and Sound Shapes. Hoping I'll have enough time to go back to Rayman Origins and clear it off the docket before the world stops for Virtue's Last Reward in 13 days.

Am I missing anything on this hit list, GAF?

NEXT TUESDAY

Dokuro
Jet Set Radio
Silent Hill: Book of Memories

OCTOBER 23rd

Orgarhythm
Street Fighter x Tekken
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

OCTOBER 26th

DJMax Technika Tune (retail)

OCTOBER 30th

Assassin's Creed III: Liberation
DJMax Technika Tune (digital)
LEGO Lord of the Rings
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
Ragnarok Odyssey
Smart as...

NOVEMBER 6th

Legends of War: Patton

NOVEMBER 13th

Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified

NOVEMBER 20th

Persona 4: Golden
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

Personally I think its kind of a big problem. I was banking on this being out in October for the $100 promotion. Gonna be kinda pissed if the physical version is out but the digital for some reason isn't up :/

Good point, hadn't thought of that!

Man there really are too many games coming out right now.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Nihilistic Software's twitter is just "No, CoD won't have that feature." "Sorry, we won't be able to implement that." etc etc

I finally just replied "You guys are making a CoD game right?"

So sad. :(

MisterC20XX

I'm just finishing up my Gravity Rush run right now. Have 4 campaign missions and gold medals in all of the challenges to go. All other trophies/missions have been covered.

The levels in this game have quite simply taken my breath away. I can understand how the learning curve for the controls (when underpowered) and the load times hampered its critical reception but it truly is a work of art.

Hoping to Plat this over the weekend. This will be Game #6 on the VITA that I've completely trophy conquered along with Uncharted: Golden Abyss, PvZ, PulzAR, Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack and Sound Shapes. Hoping I'll have enough time to go back to Rayman Origins and clear it off the docket before the world stops for Virtue's Last Reward in 13 days.

Am I missing anything on this hit list, GAF?

NEXT TUESDAY

Dokuro
Jet Set Radio
Silent Hill: Book of Memories

OCTOBER 23rd

Smart as...
Street Fighter x Tekken
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

OCTOBER 26th

DJMax Technika Tune (retail)

OCTOBER 30th

LEGO Lord of the Rings
Ragnarok Odyssey

NOVEMBER 6th

Legends of War: Patton

NOVEMBER 13th

Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified

NOVEMBER 20th

Persona 4: Golden
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

The list looks complete. Congrats on the trophies!

Wonko_C

OCTOBER 30th
LEGO Lord of the Rings
Ragnarok Odyssey

Is that one confirmed for the 30th? Because I'm banking on that and Most Wanted to complete my $100, then getting another $20 for Persona 4 Golden on Nov.

whitehawk

Banned
Nihilistic Software's twitter is just "No, CoD won't have that feature." "Sorry, we won't be able to implement that." etc etc

I finally just replied "You guys are making a CoD game right?"

So sad. :(
My god.

kill cams as DLC

XeOP3.png

KuGsj.gif

I hope Arc System Works brings the Nax Music Player to the U.S. I love sound editing apps!

http://nax-mp.net/

Me as well. It looks really fun, and all psychadelic like all those Mizaguchi games that I love and adore. It should be SUPER easy to localize and since it's free, with the option of all the visualize dlc and such... plus it'll be the first real customizable vita music player.

I'll probably buy COD Vita regardless (part of the problem i know) since I didn't hate burning skies and it more than likely will have a decent number of players for the multi, at least early on.

KZ mercs is the big hope for portable fps though

AwRy108

My god.

kill cams as DLC

XeOP3.png

KuGsj.gif

Wow,if they're so behind that Kill Cams--a staple of the series since the first Modern Warfare--aren't in the final product, then CoD Declassified is officially dead on arrival... Embarrassing. Cancelling my NewEgg pre-order later this evening, despite the fact that I got $10 off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom