• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanmik

Just wait till E3 2013 guys! And if nothing there, then Gamescom 2013!...And if not that, there's always TGS again next year! Stringing us along since the revealing of NGP

stringerps3.jpg

So ubisoft revealed the us-commercial for AC3 (PS360), but there is no word on the PSVita-game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DEYdiB0824I

I thought the game would be released on the same day, so they can advertise it together with AC3 on consoles.
Hopefully it'll get it's own ad then or an ad together with the ps3 version and its exclusive content.

I will never understand this. They will spend millions on advertising the console version yet will totally ignore the Vita game. Yet will then complain no one bought the Vita version......you gotta be kidding me.

OCT. 30th got a little more crowded

Smart As Hits PS Vita October 30th, Watch Two New Videos

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/10/11/smart-as-hits-ps-vita-october-30th-watch-two-new-videos/

darkwing

I will never understand this. They will spend millions on advertising the console version yet will totally ignore the Vita game. Yet will then complain no one bought the Vita version......you gotta be kidding me.

true, they could potentially be known as the top selling Vita game in the US and selling many Vitas in the process

and yeah, SCEA lols

Hanmik

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/10/11/smart-as-hits-ps-vita-october-30th-watch-two-new-videos/

hmmm. review embargo in Europe is the 30th.. .. hmmm

While I'm ecstatic it's coming out finally, why oh why did they have to choose the same date as basically everything else? Jesus christ. Do developers/publishers ever look at this stuff? Do they just not care and assume everyone has tons of expendible income?

Anyway... why has Frobisher Says still not come out here? I think I'm going to start saying/posting that like a nervous tick, regardless of where I am or where I'm posting.

So... which Vita games are NOT coming out Oct 30?

Persona!!!!! AND DOKURO!!!!

Everyone buy Dokuro, show Gung Ho we want more games from Japan.

OUCH!

While I'm ecstatic it's coming out finally, why oh why did they have to choose the same date as basically everything else? Jesus christ. Do developers/publishers ever look at this stuff? Do they just not care and assume everyone has tons of expendible income?

Anyway... why has Frobisher Says still not come out here? I think I'm going to start saying/posting that like a nervous tick, regardless of where I am or where I'm posting.

My only thought is they are treating Oct. 30th as a vita relaunch. This idea has been kicked around here for months as a possible strategy Sony would take. BUT it is contingent on them advertising it, and well.......

btkadams

wtf? another game for that day?? lol. i hate to be one of those people, but i was already planning on buying assassin's creed, need for speed, and ragnarok odyssey that day. i will wait for the reviews for this one, but if they are good...i'm going to be a consumer whore on october 30th.
get your $100 purchases in guys so you can get $20 back!

does this go until 1159pm October 31?, or does it end sooner?

LuchaShaq

Banned
get your $100 purchases in guys so you can get $20 back!

I wish they would send me an email confirming my purchases counted.

I have a history of being weirdly boned when it comes to stuff like this.

Also I bit the bullet on tactics ogre due to suggestions on here. Anything I should know before I take the plunge later on?

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
So ubisoft revealed the us-commercial for AC3 (PS360), but there is no word on the PSVita-game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DEYdiB0824I

I thought the game would be released on the same day, so they can advertise it together with AC3 on consoles.
Hopefully it'll get it's own ad then or an ad together with the ps3 version and its exclusive content.

Well it is just the general Assassins Creed 3 advert, if AC3 adverts are going to be like precious ones here Sony will have their own line of AC adverts, I imagine Sony will also be doing most of the Liberation advertising themselves for the bundle.

Hanmik

regarding Smart As... I hev been playing the Preview version for a long time... I actually loved it. The final version is not the same (because John Cleese was added after the preview version) as the version I have played. But it´s a perfect handheld "game". It´s that kind of game you just keep coming back to everyday, just so that you can play some more..!
But again I will reserve my final judgement untill I have tested the final game.

regarding Smart As... I hev been playing the Preview version for a long time... I actually loved it. The final version is not the same (because John Cleese was added after the preview version) as the version I have played. But it´s a perfect handheld "game". It´s that kind of game you just keep coming back to everyday, just so that you can play some more..!
But again I will reserve my final judgement untill I have tested the final game.

Thanks for the impressions, unfortunately my wallet is all dried up this month with so many other games coming out. Hopefully there is some sort of Plus deal in the near future.

AwRy108

Does update include "no games this week but stay tuned for next week's update"?

lol i really hope not. I imagine it wont get really interesting till the end of the year though as its not opening to just any developer until sometime in November I recall.

Give me some nice apps
- Better browser (please google)
- PC remote desktop (wont happen but I can hope)
- Stuff like BBC iPlayer, IMDB etc etc
- and some of IOS's best (and originals as well of course) and il be very pleased.

Just hope Sony don't block off stuff and weaken themselves against the likes of IOS store. If PSMobile gets good enough I will be tempted to switch to a PSM certified phone at the end of next year as well (currently on iphone).

But this is Sony so I remain cautious.

same here..! always nice to have Vitatweetbros

Will follow you back as well.

VanWinkle

Oh god I forgot there's tropical flowers too! I kept playing first garden and reached level 60 but I totally forgot about other one ^_^'

Out of curiosity, how long did it take you to get that far? I got to level 30 and I had played for 33 minutes, and I just let myself die because I was tired and it was already such a long game, lol.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
I played Smart As... while at E3. Kind of an awkward story.

They had Vitas with the game tethered to booth babes so they could walk gamers through the demo. Unfortunately the tether was only about 2 feet long so she was all up in my business while I was trying to play. (Ordinarily this would have been great, except my fiancee is a game dev and was also standing less than 2 feet away from me.)

As far as the game it seemed like Brain Age meets Little Deviants in that it's a puzzle game that uses the Vita's mechanics needlessly. The most frustrating thing I remember was a series of number presses where you had to tap the front and back panels but the back panel sensors were way off.

After I scored a 76, which I'm assuming was out of 100. The booth babe then had to tell me that my score was about average from what she had seen all day and that I could get better with practice so "you should buy Smart As... when it comes out."

Then she gave me a bag:
ib1Zr1Jq6ASZPL.jpg

If we are doing twitter stuff you should all follow me @tamaster44 ;)

More on topic though, I feel releasing smart as, as a retail game on the 30th is a HUGE mistake. It's going to sell crap.

any news on the resistance burning skies patch? whats it add.

please fix Frame rate and net code in multiplayer as well as tone down shotgun..... game would be fun if they do that.

edit

found this

http://psvitagamer.net/threads/resistance-burning-skies-patch-1-02-goes-live-tomorrow.5096/

Patch addresses
-Connection issues
-Mule being overpowered
-Stat reporting to myresistance.net
-Multiplayer scoring issues
-Various SFX bugs
-Adds Southpaw Mode
-And direct launch into lobby through party support.

so 2 of the 3 problems possibly addressed (although connection issues might not also include your connection in game, just joining.). Might give it a go then when it goes live. Not convinced the frame rate drops wont do my head in but it might be barable if its now worth while using the other weapons and not just destroying everyone with the mule.

How come we don't hear a lot about RemotePlay? Apart from it only working for 2 games right now (which might be the cause of people not talking about it), this could be an absolutely incredible feature should Sony support it more.

Been playing Shadow of the Colossus this way, works perfectly. Tons of fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom