• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Well that solves one problem.
I love the game to bits, but I can get why people would be put off by various aspects of it.
Definitely has its faults, but I don't know how someone could be so down on it. The game always makes me smile. It also makes me wish Sega would release a Vita version of Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection.

Hey guys Im planning to get the Assassins Creed bundle on the 30th. Should I buy a memory card right now or wait until the prices drop until then? I have a ton of PS1 games and PSP games I want to play on the Vita.

Seems like everybody else skimmed over your question.
Well since you say you have a ton you're gonna need a 16GB minimum. So if you can spot a 16GB card for $40 or so I think thats pretty good. Any lower than that snap it up immediately lol. If you want them all available all the time? 32 GB where you need to go, 70 seems like the lowest I've seen and once again any lower and that's still damn good.

The prices fluctuate a lot so theres no telling when the price will be at its best. I personally would check amazon regularly (or use one of those scripts that do it for you) use camelcamelcamel.com to check out the price history for both the 16 and 32 to see where it might fall based on past movement.

SiDCrAzY

I'm really enjoying Retro City Rampage as well, wonderful graphics that pop on the Vita screen. I didn't enjoy the demo, however a friend recommended I buy the game anyway and after digging into the game a bit more, I'm having a good time.

UberTag

Hey guys Im planning to get the Assassins Creed bundle on the 30th. Should I buy a memory card right now or wait until the prices drop until then? I have a ton of PS1 games and PSP games I want to play on the Vita.
If you want the full VITA experience, getting as large a memory card as you can afford is definitely the way to go.
I wouldn't expect a price drop on that front any time soon barring Black Friday sales.

Ponn

Banned
So LEGO Lord of the Rings released a demo for the 3DS today. I just finished playing through it and if the Vita version is just a port, it'll still be an enjoyable game. The graphics seem to be improved from LEGO Batman 2.

Not acceptable. Needs to be a port of PS3 version, no reason for it not to be.

Thanks. I think im going to go with Best Buy this week because they have a Vita memory card sale and I have a couple of RZ coupons to bring the 16GB memory card to $35.

Shinriji

My friend wrote me a small review of Doctor Who PS Vita.

"God, the game controls are total shit. There is a delay on the jump that makes the basic gameplay pretty much a exercise of frustration. The graphics and the voice acting is that makes the game tolerable. I recommend only for the fans of the show.

My friend wrote me a small review of Doctor Who PS Vita.

"God, the game controls are total shit. There is a delay on the jump that makes the basic gameplay pretty much a exercise of frustration. The graphics and the voice acting is that makes the game tolerable. I recommend only for the fans of the show.

As a fan of the show even Im trying to stay away. But I can't lie I still want it.

Just finished Uncharted GA, really amazing experience. I'd say it captures the sense of adventure, exploration and fun from the franchise more than U2. Everything about it was so well crafted, the levels, set pieces, graphics, script, humor and voice acting.

I can't believe Bend got this game out as quickly as they did. Sony should be dumping the resources it has for CoD towards a sequel.

We're there problems? Oh yeah, gun fighting was still annoying, pacing was off by the middle of the game. But once you get into the exploration and puzzles it really gets fun.

This is up there as one of my top 5 games of the year...Gravity Rush being another one.

Ohnonono

Just finished Uncharted GA, really amazing experience. I'd say it captures the sense of adventure, exploration and fun from the franchise more than U2. Everything about it was so well crafted, the levels, set pieces, graphics, script, humor and voice acting.

I can't believe Bend got this game out as quickly as they did. Sony should be dumping the resources it has for CoD towards a sequel.

We're there problems? Oh yeah, gun fighting was still annoying, pacing was off by the middle of the game. But once you get into the exploration and puzzles it really gets fun.

This is up there as one of my top 5 games of the year...Gravity Rush being another one.
Still playing through this but so far I am really enjoying it. It's the sort of game I would think of selling when finished, but it's fun to poke around in and get trophies.

Do you think you'll attempt to earn the platinum?

Noi

Wah. I thought Golden Abyss had the best gun fighting in the series. Once you grasp general aiming with the analogs + fine tuning with tilt, it makes other TPSs feel inadequate.

B.O.O.M

For me UC: GA was more of an Adventure game than an action/adventure/tps game like the rest of them.

I said it back when I played it and will say it again...Naughty Dog (and I love them as devs a LOT) can really learn a thing or two from Sony Bend. I sure hope SOny Bend is hard at work on a sequel..or a new IP.

My biggest complaint about the game is the balancing mini games....fuck that shit

GJS

You don't have a problem with the performance issues? Hearing about them on RedSunGamer way back turned me off to the game. Memory card space is precious, not sure poor frame rates are sponge worthy

Edit: I haven't read the IGN review so I don't know what their specific complaints were with the game

Mainly about the controls, and the reviewer didn't even mention the touch screen controls. They would have alleviated his problem with aiming where to send your royal guard, he could have just touched everywhere he wanted them to go directly.

I don't think the review mentions the frame rate issue at all.

IGN NLKS negatives said:
– Cumbersome controls.
– Everything lacks real explanation.
– Subpar graphics, repetitive audio.

B.O.O.M

If/when they make a sequel I hope it has multiplayer as it would really increase the lifetime of the game

I'm torn on this matter. I am absolutely addicted to UC3 MP..even then I'm not sure if I want sony bend to implement it in the sequel. The sheer amount of content they had in the single player campaign must not be reduced by any means! I'm afraid a MP mode might do just that.

I feel sorry for those who think the 80 meta score the game has tells how good the game actually is...for me it's a solid 90 at least

Also IGN can eat a bag of wet dicks, NLKS is freaking amazing.

Yeah don't believe the review. The game is super fun, despite it's flaws.

You don't have a problem with the performance issues? Hearing about them on RedSunGamer way back turned me off to the game. Memory card space is precious, not sure poor frame rates are sponge worthy

That's the weird thing, he never once mentions the frame rate dipping, he mainly has gripes with this sort of thing:

Things aren't at all helped out by a muddy, imprecise map and tutorials that border, at times, on the incoherent. But those with patience enough to stick around for more than a few hours to really get the hang of New Little King’s Story may be ready to completely excuse its inability to gel and explain everything. In fact, few games in recent memory had me vacillate between having fun, enjoying myself, being bored, being frustrated and more.

In fact, those were the three main minuses the game had:

Cumbersome controls. Everything lacks real explanation. Subpar graphics, repetitive audio.

In all reality, with the addition of touch controls, it's a lot more negotiable now. There are still pathing issues but in a game controlled like it is, you're going to get pathing issues unless they had some sort of brilliant AI, which they don't. He doesn't mention the framerate ONCE, which is one of the complaints most other reviewers had.

Also, I dunno about him but I know when I played there were a bunch of tutorials in the beginning and after that it did kind of become a "learn on your own" type game but hey, I like that. New jobs were easy to learn how to use.. I think my only real gripe with the game so far is navigating the world, it can get a bit confusing once you've unlocked tons of areas but still - I am absolutely loving the game. Many other vitabros here are as well.

Do you think you'll attempt to earn the platinum?

I'm not sure, I don't really play for trophies.

For me UC: GA was more of an Adventure game than an action/adventure/tps game like the rest of them.

I said it back when I played it and will say it again...Naughty Dog (and I love them as devs a LOT) can really learn a thing or two from Sony Bend. I sure hope SOny Bend is hard at work on a sequel..or a new IP.

My biggest complaint about the game is the balancing mini games....fuck that shit

I'm willing to say that Sony Bend made a better Uncharted game than ND.

34 I think

It felt like the longest Uncharted game in the franchise.

B.O.O.M

I'm not sure, I don't really play for trophies.

I'm willing to say that Sony Bend made a better Uncharted game than ND.

It felt like the longest Uncharted game in the franchise.

I think it's because of the sheer amount of content based around exploration. It was insane. Pictures, items, bounties etc etc. Such an underrated game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom