• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vitacat

I'm with you 100% I regret buying it.

3 psn vita games this month I completely regret buying. RCR/Soundshapes/Tales from space about a blob.

Mostly agree...

RCR - tried the demo, thought it was kinda crap.

Soundshapes - bought it. Don't really get the love for it. Basic and boring IMO.

Mutant Blobs - bought it, think it's pretty damn good. No regrets.

Mostly agree...

RCR - tried the demo, thought it was kinda crap.

Soundshapes - bought it. Don't really get the love for it. Basic and boring IMO.

Mutant Blobs - bought it, think it's pretty damn good. No regrets.

I've bought all of those.

RCR - Regretted at first, but it actually gets better later on. IMHO just not worth $15.
SS - Keep playing, it very basic but the levels do get trickier and don't get me started on deathmode. It's platforming on its purest form. Run, Jump and with great music/style.
Mutant Blobs - Just a charming game all around. Easily worth $8

Gxgear

Persona!!!!! AND DOKURO!!!!

Everyone buy Dokuro, show Gung Ho we want more games from Japan.

OUCH!

My only thought is they are treating Oct. 30th as a vita relaunch. This idea has been kicked around here for months as a possible strategy Sony would take. BUT it is contingent on them advertising it, and well.......

Wait, Dokuro is not coming out in Oct?

Skyzard

Banned
Not to worry guys, 4 more days to JSR. Just be warned the controls take some getting used to but a lot of fun to be had skating around and listening to the soundtrack and getting into high jinks. Just remember it is a bit dated (in some ways) but a steal at the price imo.. .cannot wait

Counting on NFSMW and Sonic and Sega Racing Transformed to last me through the holidays though..let's see...should be ok.. got my Planetside 2 beta too :p just don't have the pc for it :(

I just found out that not only is Peace Walker not on the Vita MGS Collection, the HD version isn't even available for Vita?? WTF, man? Why is the portable system getting shafted on the portable game?

MisterC20XX

Not to worry guys, 4 more days to JSR. Just be warned the controls take some getting used to but a lot of fun to be had skating around and listening to the soundtrack and getting into high jinks. Just remember it is a bit dated (in some ways) but a steal at the price imo.. .cannot wait

Counting on NFSMW and Sonic and Sega Racing Transformed to last me through the holidays though..let's see...should be ok.. got my Planetside 2 beta too :p just don't have the pc for it :(

Yes, a portable JSR is definitely s steal at $9.99. I really don't get why many of the reviewers were going on and on about control and collision detection problems on the console versions. I played it on my 360 and it played well, just like I remember it. ??

Every time I see NFSMW I think NSFW and wonder what's coming next... Lol!

I just found out that not only is Peace Walker not on the Vita MGS Collection, the HD version isn't even available for Vita?? WTF, man? Why is the portable system getting shafted on the portable game?

Probably MGS:pW is available as a PSP game (I guess, it doesn't seem to be on the US PSN Store).

Anyone head to NYCC and check out the Sony booth and see if Samurai & Dragons is an English build?

I really wish I had the time, otherwise I would've went. I think anyone going there probably glanced over it since it's not a huge game, but I do love the fact that there's a lot of crossovers in the game.

VanWinkle

Resistance will actually get me into a game now. However, I forgot how WRETCHED the game is. The framerate is absolutely abysmal. The only redeeming quality is that the controls feel amazing.

Skyzard

Banned
Yes, a portable JSR is definitely s steal at $9.99. I really don't get why many of the reviewers were going on and on about control and collision detection problems on the console versions. I played it on my 360 and it played well, just like I remember it. ??

Every time I see NFSMW I think NSFW and wonder what's coming next... Lol!

Extra awesome name :p I think with reviewers and JSR..they may just be dealing with a younger audience/ a newer impatient gen..who needed the warning? if they have any sense >:)

Shame that youtube video (23 second clip) was taken down, enjoyed rewatching that....it's all we had.. the bastards! :p

http://gematsu.com/2012/10/street-fighter-x-tekken-vita-nycc-videos-screenshots

looks like the characters are finally casting shadows

finally!

Got really excited...but they seem pretty hi-res :p (1280x720) bs, upscale? what? :S

Street-Fighter-X-Tekken-Vita_2012_10-11-12_001.jpg

Looks fantastic otherwise? ... not sure if legit though :S

Resistance will actually get me into a game now. However, I forgot how WRETCHED the game is. The framerate is absolutely abysmal. The only redeeming quality is that the controls feel amazing.

Will forget about picking that up eventually then, doesn't bode well for COD..

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Those Street vs Juggle shots are uprezzed. You can tell by the pixels (and gem counter) and having seen quite a few pixel/gem counters in my day.

I really don't get why many of the reviewers were going on and on about control and collision detection problems on the console versions. I played it on my 360 and it played well, just like I remember it. ??

Play JSRF for controls and grinding/tricking controls and mechanics and then play JSR and see why there are complaints.

Then try to hit a crane with non-magnetic "rails" in a time level while the army is shooting you and then get the complaints.

JSR is fun and all but it's aged BADLY in terms of controls and mechanics in the face of JSRF.

Skyzard

Banned
^ Same..I can't imagine how awesome that would look on OLED.....60fps? Did we get a confirmation on that anyone know?

Those Street vs Juggle shots are uprezzed. You can tell by the pixels (and gem counter) and having seen quite a few pixel/gem counters in my day.

Ah ok..I mean there are a lot of jaggies too..so if so that's pretty good news (edit: although they must have stretched the image too :S just seems strange). Might pick it up anyway despite complaints. People say they hate it but not many really explain why and the reasons people do give tend not to bother me so much since I'm pretty casual with fighting games and it looks really good!

- also about JSR, you say badly aged - I say had more challenge... although the crane could be frustrating.

JSRF had a great feel to it too, really hoping Sega brings it over too, doubt it would come to vita though :'( Maybe though...with a bit of effort.....buy JSR guys, will be amazing on the Vita! Although there is this nagging in the back of my head, something the SCEE blog guy said "it's not exactly the same game, sorta" in response to someone complaining about JSR being delayed on vita by a month.. Bit worrying but the gameplay videos of the levels we've seen so far looked really good and just like the full game....maybe he meant additional features... >:) let's see..not long now.

Joined the Vita club a few weeks back when the LBP bundle dropped here in AU. Picked it up prior to going on holidays for 10 days and it was brilliant having away with me.

Grabbed the 32GB memory, traded in FIFA for credit towards Everybody's Golf (looove this) and have since picked up Motorstorm RC (awesome), Rayman (super impressed - already played it on PS3, but happily playing again), F1 2011 (seems pretty good, carbon copy of the ones I already own really, but nice to have it on the go) and I'll probably pick up WipEout and Uncharted: Golden Abyss (seriously, why the hell is Uncharted so damn expensive?) soon.

yz9fx.jpg

Future releases I'm pretty keen on;
- Spy Hunter
- Silent Hill: Book of Memories
- Assassin's Creed III: Liberation
- LEGO Lord of the Rings
- Need for Speed: Most Wanted
- Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
- WRC 3

Do we have an estimated release for WRC3 yet? The preview vid on the last page looks solid. I'm really keen for more racers.

Joined the Vita club a few weeks back when the LBP bundle dropped here in AU. Picked it up prior to going on holidays for 10 days and it was brilliant having away with me.

Grabbed the 32GB memory, traded in FIFA for credit towards Everybody's Golf (looove this) and have since picked up Motorstorm RC (awesome), Rayman (super impressed - already played it on PS3, but happily playing again), F1 2011 (seems pretty good, carbon copy of the ones I already own really, but nice to have it on the go) and I'll probably pick up WipEout and Uncharted: Golden Abyss (seriously, why the hell is Uncharted so damn expensive?) soon.

yz9fx.jpg

Future releases I'm pretty keen on;
- Spy Hunter
- Silent Hill: Book of Memories
- Assassin's Creed III: Liberation
- LEGO Lord of the Rings
- Need for Speed: Most Wanted
- Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
- WRC 3

Do we have an estimated release for WRC3 yet? The preview vid on the last page looks solid. I'm really keen for more racers.

Lack of Gravity Rush makes me sad.

Kyon

Banned
I'm staying in here I just can't anymore.

Liberation isn't a real game now guys and its a spin off that no one cares about because everyone only cares about AC3.

prwxv3

Godamn GAFs vita hate is ludicrous. I should just stick to this thread.

You should probably ignore any vita threads beside this one and any threads about vita games.

I am perfectly fine with any criticism of the device and such but Vita is dead, has no games, ect. jokes are really getting old especially in threads about vita games.

VanWinkle

It's not worth it to go in other Vita threads. Those who actually care about the Vita are in this thread, and you'll notice a vastly different tone because of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom