• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's because of the sheer amount of content based around exploration. It was insane. Pictures, items, bounties etc etc. Such an underrated game

I'm happy it's the best selling Vita title, broke 1 million sold right?

What's Bend working on now?

Do they have a twitter or Facebook page? I'd like to send then some compliment.

B.O.O.M

I'm happy it's the best selling Vita title, broke 1 million sold right?

What's Bend working on now?

1mil? Nah I don't think it did...I thought it was around 700k now. If it indeed broke 1mil I would be very very happy.

And No word on what Bend is working on yet..but I'm certain it's vita related so a sequel UC game is as good of a guess as any

I won't mind a new IP from them though...they could do wonders

1mil? Nah I don't think it did...I thought it was around 700k now. If it indeed broke 1mil I would be very very happy.

And No word on what Bend is working on yet..but I'm certain it's vita related so a sequel UC game is as good of a guess as any

I won't mind a new IP from them though...they could do wonders

What did they work on before? Did they do the Socom tactics shooter on PSP?

I'm torn on this matter. I am absolutely addicted to UC3 MP..even then I'm not sure if I want sony bend to implement it in the sequel. The sheer amount of content they had in the single player campaign must not be reduced by any means! I'm afraid a MP mode might do just that.

I feel sorry for those who think the 80 meta score the game has tells how good the game actually is...for me it's a solid 90 at least

Agreed. I recognize that the MP is great in UC2/3 but I just don't care that much about it. Uncharted is all about the SP experience for me, and the characters and storyline that are a part of that.

Really hoping the Vita gets another installment.

So the burning skies patch is up,the matchmaking has been improved tremendously.

How exactly?

I remember reading some peoples gameplay impressions somewhere or another, and them being really impressed. They thought it was going to be another R:BS, but were shocked at how improved it was.

I don't think they said it was a great game, but it wasn't a piece of dogturd.

I remember reading some peoples gameplay impressions somewhere or another, and them being really impressed. They thought it was going to be another R:BS, but were shocked at how improved it was.

I don't think they said it was a great game, but it wasn't a piece of dogturd.

Yet it seems to lack so many staples if the CID franchise when it comes to MP. 4 on 4 is pretty small, wish they could have hit at least 5 on 5 if not 6 on 6.

Yeah don't believe the review. The game is super fun, despite it's flaws.

That's the weird thing, he never once mentions the frame rate dipping, he mainly has gripes with this sort of thing:

In fact, those were the three main minuses the game had:

In all reality, with the addition of touch controls, it's a lot more negotiable now. There are still pathing issues but in a game controlled like it is, you're going to get pathing issues unless they had some sort of brilliant AI, which they don't. He doesn't mention the framerate ONCE, which is one of the complaints most other reviewers had.

Also, I dunno about him but I know when I played there were a bunch of tutorials in the beginning and after that it did kind of become a "learn on your own" type game but hey, I like that. New jobs were easy to learn how to use.. I think my only real gripe with the game so far is navigating the world, it can get a bit confusing once you've unlocked tons of areas but still - I am absolutely loving the game. Many other vitabros here are as well.

What that IGN review sounds like is a reviewer that has a bunch of reviews due and feels spite towards anything that takes time. He probably has a full docket of reviews to get done between now and the first week of december and this game is quite slow in build up and actually makes you think... which i'm sure aggravated him because of work related shit, but that's actually EXACTLY what many of us want out of a game. I want a game where discovery of not just real estate but actual mechanics and strategy is a part of the equation. Almost everything these days holds your hand through everything.

So I get why he panned it, but I also think that reason makes him a shitty reviewer. He couldn't see past his own frustrations to see what others love in games... including the person who reviewed the Wii version.

/conspiracy theory

VanWinkle

I kind of feel like Nihilistic has got the short end of the deal with this stuff. I don't know if they're actually a good developer (their track record certainly doesn't redeem them) but I think Activision and Sony probably have more to do with the mediocrity of CoD and Resistance. At the very least, I don't they Nihilistic should get ALL of the blame.

About Golden Abyss, it was a very good launch title. It's longevity could have been greatly improved if they had put some Uncharted 2 style multiplayer, though. It was disappointing to learn it didn't have any.

I kind of feel like Nihilistic has got the short end of the deal with this stuff. I don't know if they're actually a good developer (their track record certainly doesn't redeem them) but I think Activision and Sony probably have more to do with the mediocrity of CoD and Resistance. At the very least, I don't they Nihilistic should get ALL of the blame.

About Golden Abyss, it was a very good launch title. It's longevity could have been greatly improved if they had put some Uncharted 2 style multiplayer, though. It was disappointing to learn it didn't have any.

Nihilistic is average. Giving two huge franchises to an average developer is the fault of the publishers. I'm in no way upset with the people at nihilistic. I don't think they are lazy or anything. I think they are merely an average developer. Sony and Activision, on the other hand, are assholes for giving them these games.

What that IGN review sounds like is a reviewer that has a bunch of reviews due and feels spite towards anything that takes time. He probably has a full docket of reviews to get done between now and the first week of december and this game is quite slow in build up and actually makes you think... which i'm sure aggravated him because of work related shit, but that's actually EXACTLY what many of us want out of a game. I want a game where discovery of not just real estate but actual mechanics and strategy is a part of the equation. Almost everything these days holds your hand through everything.

So I get why he panned it, but I also think that reason makes him a shitty reviewer. He couldn't see past his own frustrations to see what others love in games... including the person who reviewed the Wii version.

Yeah I definitely agree. I actually follow the Playstation team at IGN, I usually like their feedback a lot but even before he did the review, I could feel how scathing they were towards the title. Greg Miller was saying it's not worth it at all, I can't remember if he said if he played it but Colin sounded a bit more optimistic at least, but here's the interesting part:

You are right about timing though - he said if he didn't review it during his vacation, he wouldn't have time to do it when he got back and had to review other stuff. When you mentioned that, it reminded me of what was said on the previous podcast they did.

Such a shame that time constraints prevented them from truly giving this game a chance. The irony is that Colin is generally a fan of challenging games, so this should have been up his alley. I completely agree with you though, part of the fun of this game is exploring and figuring stuff out on your own. You're given the choice of what quests and monsters to go after ... then you just go at your own pace, exploring, expanding and upgrading. It's tons of fun.

Yopis

I'm torn on this matter. I am absolutely addicted to UC3 MP..even then I'm not sure if I want sony bend to implement it in the sequel. The sheer amount of content they had in the single player campaign must not be reduced by any means! I'm afraid a MP mode might do just that.

I feel sorry for those who think the 80 meta score the game has tells how good the game actually is...for me it's a solid 90 at least

Game is great doing platinum run and having a blast still. Bend did a fantastic job. Multi would have been the cherry on top.

LuchaShaq

Banned
So, um, retro city rampage... I, uh, don't like it all that much. I'm 35, I get all the references - I just don't find them all that funny. Or fun.

I'm with you 100% I regret buying it.

3 psn vita games this month I completely regret buying. RCR/Soundshapes/Tales from space about a blob.

It's a bummer because none of them seem BAD/broken just not fun even for a minute in the hour or so I've spent with each of them.

The only good thing I can say about nihilistic is that Conan was not half bad. Nothing stellar but the heart was there. All their other games though, Zombie Apoc., Move Heroes and Marvel Nemesis are big piece of shit.

Ponn

Banned
Man, I tried the VLR demo again and i just can't get into it. I need to cut some games and even though I got a watch preorder i'm going to cancel, its just not for me. Someone who wants it more will get the watch.

Hai guys, is Wipeout 2048 still sitting at £29.99 on PSN despite it being a launch title and was recently selling in Sainsburys for £9.99?

Oh okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom