• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takao

Banned
Yeah, rule of thumb for Vita threads is pretty simple: If it regards sales figures, skip it. If it's about a Sony executive talking about the platform, read what they have to say, and skip the replies.

Kyon

Banned
It was a good fight sis, I had your back, but mah nails broke.

YASS! :D <3

I was only JUST sharpening my claws tho but oh well the lessors will SEETHE and DEAL

f58a8b71.gif

prwxv3

Yeah, rule of thumb for Vita threads is pretty simple: If it regards sales figures, skip it. If it's about a Sony executive talking about the platform, read what they have to say, and skip the replies.

This. You should also skip any thread with the title "Vita is saved/doomed" unless its about a game announcement. I really hope more thread creators stop doing that shit for real vita game announcements because it makes it almost impossible to discuss the game in question.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Despite all the hate vita and SF X Tekken get, looking forward to getting the vita version in two weeks. Having a portable fighter is always great. Not to mention Technika is coming out in the coming weeks. Can't wait to finally free play this game instead of wasting all my damn money at the arcade, it always sucks to put in your money, only to fail out after the first song! I've lost my arcade card TWICE by just walking away in disgust, not realizing I left my card.

prwxv3

At this thread community has not been called out in vita shitstorm threads like the PABR thread community has been called out before in PABR shitstorm threads.

EDIT: of course this happens right now.

prwxv3

I am still surprised that none of these vita shit throwing threads have become graveyards for both sides. Its only a matter of time until we get crazy meltdowns from both sides.

It is good that some good looking vita games are coming out soon though.

Ponn

Banned
I'm in bad mood, insomnia now, playing ToMB.

Oh I tried RCR demo before buying, i'm glad I did. I just, that game is so disjointed and just doesn't have any real gameplay to me. It was just one big crazy fanservice after another. Maybe someone will get this but it seemed like one of those god awful new type of spoof movies like Date Movie or Epic Movie.

darkwing

Joined the Vita club a few weeks back when the LBP bundle dropped here in AU. Picked it up prior to going on holidays for 10 days and it was brilliant having away with me.

Grabbed the 32GB memory, traded in FIFA for credit towards Everybody's Golf (looove this) and have since picked up Motorstorm RC (awesome), Rayman (super impressed - already played it on PS3, but happily playing again), F1 2011 (seems pretty good, carbon copy of the ones I already own really, but nice to have it on the go) and I'll probably pick up WipEout and Uncharted: Golden Abyss (seriously, why the hell is Uncharted so damn expensive?) soon.

yz9fx.jpg

Future releases I'm pretty keen on;
- Spy Hunter
- Silent Hill: Book of Memories
- Assassin's Creed III: Liberation
- LEGO Lord of the Rings
- Need for Speed: Most Wanted
- Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
- WRC 3

Do we have an estimated release for WRC3 yet? The preview vid on the last page looks solid. I'm really keen for more racers.

I believe WRC is this Oct, only for EU retail though

prwxv3

I'm in bad mood, insomnia now, playing ToMB.

Oh I tried RCR demo before buying, i'm glad I did. I just, that game is so disjointed and just doesn't have any real gameplay to me. It was just one big crazy fanservice after another. Maybe someone will get this but it seemed like one of those god awful new type of spoof movies like Date Movie or Epic Movie.

I am not sure why the dude you replied to was complaining about the VITA OT. He never really posted in it. In face pretty much the only vita related threads he posted in were about sales, sony exec quote, ect. maybe he just lurks this thread lol.

About RCR, Its a an acquired taste type of game. I really enjoy it though.

Picked up FIFA 13 yesterday, quite enjoying it but really need to get to learn the controls. Not played a FIFA since the PS1 days and there is a heck of a lot more to it now.

Could have gotten the first cheaper but as Asda are selling the latest for £25 I thought I would go with that with the bug fixes and newer teams. I don't care too much that it's pretty much a straight copy of the first as I don't own the first!

Looking forward to RCR hitting the EU as well :)

Takao

Banned
Is Australia the same region as Europe for Vita?

Vita has no regions. If you mean PSN stuff, they're handled by SCEE but I believe they do have different content. Not certain though. There's going to be significant free DLC for that game in the form of new tracks, so I would advise against importing it unless you're certain you can get that stuff on your account.

Picked up FIFA 13 yesterday, quite enjoying it but really need to get to learn the controls. Not played a FIFA since the PS1 days and there is a heck of a lot more to it now.

Could have gotten the first cheaper but as Asda are selling the latest for £25 I thought I would go with that with the bug fixes and newer teams. I don't care too much that it's pretty much a straight copy of the first as I don't own the first!

Looking forward to RCR hitting the EU as well :)

Maybe I'm just terrible at it, but let me know when you've managed to produce a decent cross. Then let me know how you did it haha. It's a good version though didn't play the release day Fifa but I like it.

And yes, we need SCEE to hurry up with RCR.

Godamn GAFs vita hate is ludicrous. I should just stick to this thread.

vita hate on gaf is ridiculous,and its the usual suspects everytime

Despite all the hate vita and SF X Tekken get, looking forward to getting the vita version in two weeks. Having a portable fighter is always great. Not to mention Technika is coming out in the coming weeks. Can't wait to finally free play this game instead of wasting all my damn money at the arcade, it always sucks to put in your money, only to fail out after the first song! I've lost my arcade card TWICE by just walking away in disgust, not realizing I left my card.

if tekken is like marvel vs capcom will be a amazing portale fighter,btw if you buy the vita version u unlock the dlc characters on the ps3?

Takao

Banned
ESRB rated Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing Transformed for Vita alongside the PS3, 360, PC, and Wii U skus which would indicate it's a port of that build instead of an up port of the 3DS build. This is usually a good thing, except for the performance of that game leaving a lot to be desired on more powerful hardware ...

Maybe I'm just terrible at it, but let me know when you've managed to produce a decent cross. Then let me know how you did it haha. It's a good version though didn't play the release day Fifa but I like it.

And yes, we need SCEE to hurry up with RCR.

Can't you just tap where you want the cross to land?

Otherwise, it's a matter of holding the pass button longer before release I think?

Only played the demo for the first version, mind.

I saw a post earlier that would imply the resistance patch didn't fix the frame rate..... but has the MULE been toned down to not totally overpowered levels.

If the connection and mule are fixed i will go back to playing it now and then. Its a shame the frame rate hasn't been fixed as I think I would play it a fair bit if it was a solid 30fps.

So in summery - has the mule and connection / lag issues been fixed?

I re-downloaded resistance retribution incase it isn't fun online yet so I can try the online on that again (had one go several months ago and it seemed to be pretty fun)

darkwing

if tekken is like marvel vs capcom will be a amazing portale fighter,btw if you buy the vita version u unlock the dlc characters on the ps3?

looks like it

55 Playable Characters - In addition to the robust roster of 43 characters from the PS3 version, the PS Vita version features 12 new playable characters. PlayStation 3 players will receive these additional 12 characters as free DLC.

Cross-Platform Play - Portable gaming has reached a new level. Cross-Platform Play allows PS Vita players of Street Fighter X Tekken to compete against PS3 players.

Accessible Touch Controls - New control schemes will be added which utilize the PS Vita's touch screen capabilities. Additionally, now menus can be manipulated using touch screen controls as well.

PS Vita and PS3 Data Sharing - All DLC purchased on the PS3 version can be used on the PS Vita version, and vice versa. Additionally, edited and customized data on the PS Vita version can be transferred to the PS3 version via a save data link.

Multiplayer Mayhem - Pick your battles and compete against others locally, online through Wi-Fi networks, or through the PS Vita's 3G connection.

Can't you just tap where you want the cross to land?

Otherwise, it's a matter of holding the pass button longer before release I think?

Only played the demo for the first version, mind.

Tbh I hadn't considered tapping the screen, always just pressed square but they just hit it in front of them (I have shoot at O so it's not that I'm pressing the wrong button).

Ill try that tonight, haha.

At least weakly average sales in USA are up in September compared to August which weirdly concides with LBP and Madden releases and end of summer drought.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
I'm at the point i'm looking to add another two 32gb's - which would take me up to 96gb EACH for JPN and US Vita.

I need all those bytes to store all the games these things don't have :(

Sony could really do with having bigger cards / cheaper ones.

Sid

I'm at the point i'm looking to add another two 32gb's - which would take me up to 96gb EACH for JPN and US Vita.

I need all those bytes to store all the games these things don't have :(

Sony could really do with having bigger cards / cheaper ones.
How much cash have you spent on the vita?it hasn't even completed it's first year yet.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Goddamn. This, Most Wanted, JSR & RCR all in rapid succession. My Vita won't know what hit it.

I've been juggling a 16GB fridge, I reckon it's time I started juggling a 32GB fridge.

I've been smugly filling a 32GB fridge since importing a US memory card, but I only have 1 gig left - and don't games need twice the space so they can download and unpack? So I'm going to have to start juggling now too.

when is JSR? Nearly buckled when it launched on PS3 but I've managed to hold off

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
How much cash have you spent on the vita?it hasn't even completed it's first year yet.

way WAY too much - but that's the same for each system. I like the vita - i like what it has to offer me as a dad with limited time on the comfy sofa infront of the TV (though i can appreciate that target demographic is waifer thin)

Sid

way WAY too much - but that's the same for each system. I like the vita - i like what it has to offer me as a dad with limited time on the comfy sofa infront of the TV (though i can appreciate that target demographic is waifer thin)
Sony should give you some award man,you are like the person who has spent the highest on the system.

I've been smugly filling a 32GB fridge since importing a US memory card, but I only have 1 gig left - and don't games need twice the space so they can download and unpack? So I'm going to have to start juggling now too.

when is JSR? Nearly buckled when it launched on PS3 but I've managed to hold off

JSR is next week? Assuming you're in Europe I dunno if it will be the same for us though.

Where did you import your US card from? Only got a 4gb card ATM and considering upgrading the fridge…

Almost filled my 32GB card with stuff, I have a 16GB laying about though which will soon get some use once PS+ hits in November :) I have no issues with buying more cards if need be though. The machine really isn't that far from having a full blown console in your hands so with those experiences I'm happy to pay for having them on the go.

Where did you import your US card from? Only got a 4gb card ATM and considering upgrading the fridge&#8230;

I picked my 32GB up from eBay, paid about £45 for it I think :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom