• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl

Hmm, interesting.

I started my DL a short while ago (i.e. within the last 2 hours or something) and on reading your post just checked my Vita and after an install there it is on my screen. How odd for the rest of Europe. Maybe spats you could check again? If you're interested enough of course.

Check the LittleBigPlanet page on the store and see if it will let you download or rate it? Just out of interest :p

lepo

But god eater 2 is not a vita exclusive neither is PSO,talking in terms of system sellers.

A good game is a good game even if it doesn't sells systems
If a new MH clone comes out and set the charts on fire, good ... if it doesn't we can still enjoy those 3 games

Sid

A good game is a good game even if it doesn't sells systems
If a new MH clone comes out and set the charts on fire, good ... if it doesn't we can still enjoy those 3 games
OFC but i meant it is not sensible for sony to acquire a monhun clone from capcom as it won't sell nearly as good as the real thing.

Have seen that same advert 3 more times since I posted - all on Different channels (channel 4, 5 USA, syfy, and sky 1).

Maybe SCEE is finally making a marketing push?

slider

Check the LittleBigPlanet page on the store and see if it will let you download or rate it? Just out of interest :p

There's a LBP page on the Store? Wait there, this may take me some time...

I'll edit in my ineptitude or failure to rate it (I was surprised it was around 3.5 when I purchased it though).

EDIT 1: Weird, it says I can rate it if I buy it (which I have!). Gonna try to start the actual game now... fingers trembling...

EDIT 2: Various things installing... now, "A new version of the application is available. You must go back to the LiveArea screen and..." Fuck, this isn't looking good!

EDIT 3: The opening has started playing without updating! :)

EDIT 4: Yep, all seems in order but I can't actually devote any time to actual play yet as Match of the Day will start soon...

Sid

Have seen that same advert 3 more times since I posted - all on Different channels (channel 4, 5 USA, syfy, and sky 1).

Maybe SCEE is finally making a marketing push?
Awesome! Hopefully vita sells more so we get more games,SCEA seems to continue to ignore the vita.

Carl

EDIT 1: Weird, it says I can rate it if I buy it (which I have!). Gonna try to start the actual game now... fingers trembling...

This was the only bit i was asking about ;) My copy works fine but it won't let me rate it as it says i haven't bought it.

So now that we haven't seen anything about FIFA Vita and it turning out to be a train wreck. How does VitaGAF feel about NFS? I'm very wary at this point.

Carl

So now that we haven't seen anything about FIFA Vita and it turning out to be a train wreck. How does VitaGAF feel about NFS? I'm very wary at this point.

We know NFS is basically the same was the PS3 game, and being made by Criterion. Why would i be worried?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
from the FIFA 13 thread

First videos from the Vita version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu6_Co8W4cc

Menus seem very similar to the previous version.. Can anyone with the console 13 version compare?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KWeq1RcXm0

CPU vs CPU gameplay. TD seems to be in? I have no idea actually

:/

this might mean its still a port of 11 but with updated roaster,so no impact engine,no tactical Defense or attacking intelligence or any new feature.

ffs EA

from the FIFA 13 thread

this might mean its still a port of 11 but with updated roaster,so no impact engine,no tactical Defense or attacking intelligence or any new feature.

ffs EA

Yep, very disappointed. But PS3 ports to Vita should be very easy according to Sony. I hope EA atleast fixed the "win in every stadium" trophy glitch this time.

LuchaShaq

Banned
By the time it's ready for release, no one would give a fuck.

This.

Gamefly'd borderlands for 360.

If it was day and date on vita I might have bought it just for a reason to play a non psp1 game on my vita.

In 6 months I won't care at all unless it is 10$ or less with all the DLC thrown in. Something that is entirely unrealistic.

Awesome! Hopefully vita sells more so we get more games,SCEA seems to continue to ignore the vita.

Well apparently the lay offs at SCEA were mostly their marketing department so hopefully that means we'll finally get some good marketing here in the 'States.

Shadow780

They're saving money for a Marcus reboot.

GAGdj.jpg

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Now that we knew about Fifa 11.5 ..let see what the fuck is going on with Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing 2,let hope it's not a 3ds port.

Or even less marketing

People hear absolutely nothing..get curious like a team of kittens..buy Vitas.

Brilliant keikaku.

suffah

Does maths and stuff
Ok, I'm a little behind the times and need some clarification.

Just picked up a second memory card and I want to dedicate this one to my Japanese PSN account.

Do I still need to do a system wipe when I swap cards? Or will it work by just putting the new card in and logging in with my J-PSN account?

bud23

from the FIFA 13 thread

no ultimate team and no creation centre. Thanks again EA.

Loxley

I've just now noticed a trend amongst Sony's ads for the PSP/Vita, most of them contain this weird "Hey, life kinda sucks doesn't it? You're kind of a loser not living up to your full potential aren't you? Well hey, at least you've got a PSP/Vita! We got fuckin' Madden up in this bitch".

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited to pick up my sexy white Vita at the end of October and join the club, but Christ Sony. They have to have better ideas than that.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
I've just now noticed a trend amongst Sony's ads for the PSP/Vita, most of them contain this weird "Hey, life kinda sucks doesn't it? You're kind of a loser not living up to your full potential aren't you? Well hey, at least you've got a PSP/Vita! We got fuckin' Madden up in this bitch".

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited to pick up my sexy white Vita at the end of October and join the club, but Christ Sony. They have to have better ideas than that.

I remember seeing an ad here in the states that was pretty much "you like video games, but your life sucks and you don't have time to play them.... until now." I believe it was a guy sitting on a bus playing Madden or something.

sajj316

Not only are they terrible, someone in their marketing department should be slapped for using the most generic, non-exclusive Twitter hashtag. #gamechanger? Really?! ...smh

Koller, enough said. I've been calling for his termination. Harsh I know but something needs to be done.

TwoDurans

Besides Little King's Story, what's coming out between now and 10/30? I've found myself lacking a portable game to play until AC3:L comes out.

Vitacat

I find those ads to be disconcerting. Seems like Vita is being positioned as a PS3 accessory, with no real identity of its own. If indeed that is their plan, then they will do nothing to get new Vita exclusives and IPs.

Besides Little King's Story, what's coming out between now and 10/30? I've found myself lacking a portable game to play until AC3:L comes out.

For NA:
Spy Hunter
Ragnarok Odyssey
Silent Hill: Book of Memories
Smart as...
Street Fighter X Tekken
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
Assassin's Creed III: Liberation
LEGO The Lord of the Rings
Need for Speed Most Wanted (Criterion) *MAYBE?*

EDIT: Oh, and maybe Fifa on Tuesday?

TwoDurans

For NA:
Spy Hunter
Ragnarok Odyssey
Silent Hill: Book of Memories
Smart as...
Street Fighter X Tekken
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
Assassin's Creed III: Liberation
LEGO The Lord of the Rings
Need for Speed Most Wanted (Criterion) *MAYBE?*

EDIT: Oh, and maybe Fifa on Tuesday?

Wow, that's just October? Sounds like it'll be a good month for the Vita.

MisterC20XX

I've been watching some long-play YouTube videos of Ragnarok Odyssey, I really want this game. Definitely plan to download it on the 16th.

cyborg009

Banned
Not only are they terrible, someone in their marketing department should be slapped for using the most generic, non-exclusive Twitter hashtag. #gamechanger? Really?! ...smh

ya

I find those ads to be disconcerting. Seems like Vita is being positioned as a PS3 accessory, with no real identity of its own. If indeed that is their plan, then they will do nothing to get new Vita exclusives and IPs.

If I don't already know what a Vita was already was I would never been able to tell from that commerical

look at PSP ones
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sTVjtQw6P0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoszkD46H80

edit: my fav http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3H_kX_aYYsk

TwoDurans

New Little King's Story comes out in 10 days and I can't find any online retailers that will be carrying it. Will this be a download only, or am I going to have trouble finding a copy?

branny

Don't forget DJMAX TECHNIKA TUNE coming on Oct. 26(?).

LittleBigPlanet PS Vita "officially" on Tuesday, too, I guess.

Derrick01

Banned
New Little King's Story comes out in 10 days and I can't find any online retailers that will be carrying it. Will this be a download only, or am I going to have trouble finding a copy?

I was told in the past it's download only. It'll be the first game I download when I get a vita, I really liked the Wii game.

Somnia

So I just rebooted my vita and have to download the newest update which is 102 mb, but I'm downloading SO SLOW, estimated time right now is 561 minutes. I do not understand it at all, my internet is having no problems.

I went and opened up the ports suggested for psn and nada. I hope it's just the update and not when I go download something I've bought off the PSN store too. When I went to download the content media manager thing from Sony I was also getting 1-5kb download from it to through my computer.

Never had this problem before.

darkwing

So I just rebooted my vita and have to download the newest update which is 102 mb, but I'm downloading SO SLOW, estimated time right now is 561 minutes. I do not understand it at all, my internet is having no problems.

I went and opened up the ports suggested for psn and nada. I hope it's just the update and not when I go download something I've bought off the PSN store too. When I went to download the content media manager thing from Sony I was also getting 1-5kb download from it to through my computer.

Never had this problem before.

what update is this? 1.81? last week I finished downloading it in several minutes only

Somnia

what update is this? 1.81? last week I finished downloading it in several minutes only

Yep that's it. I don't know why I'm having issues with the wireless. I thought maybe it was just my wireless itself, but it's working fine on the 360 with no issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom