• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I be a Vitadad and still be a Vitabro? My kid spends more time on the Vita then I do these days, they are somewhere in the middle of Gravity Rush. I'm waiting for them to finish up before I play it.

Once RO and AssCreed hit though the Vita is all mine

Sid

Can I be a Vitadad and still be a Vitabro? My kid spends more time on the Vita then I do these days, they are somewhere in the middle of Gravity Rush. I'm waiting for them to finish up before I play it.

Once RO and AssCreed hit though the Vita is all mine
Buy another or a used one?

Where are you spannicus!?

Skyzard

Banned
He's probably having too much fun, hopefully he'll run into some queues :p and update us

Lol,go retail.

No way, will be playing nfsmw way too often to worry about cards...hopefully it's not priced ridiculously. I meant his camcorder space though ;)

Buy another or a used one?

Where are you spannicus!?

Hopefully he manages to record a bunch of the games that are getting zero coverage, and manages to upload them without the Sony ninjas getting him. Hopefully he can elaborate on why there's no coverage of certain games.. maybe there really is a media blackout on them.

Sid

Hopefully he manages to record a bunch of the games that are getting zero coverage, and manages to upload them without the Sony ninjas getting him. Hopefully he can elaborate on why there's no coverage of certain games.. maybe there really is a media blackout on them.
That seems unlikely apart from COD:BOD and NFS:MW as activision and EA don't want to spare any cash for their marketing.

spannicus

Need for speed has a lot of jaggies. Not as crisp looking as I thought but it looks good.
Soul Sacrifice looks awesome on the vita screen.

That seems unlikely apart from COD:BOD and NFS:MW as activision and EA don't want to spare any cash for their marketing.

Well the lack of anything from Declassified's announcement to the real gameplay reveal was clear - the game is going to be terrible and it's been sadly outsourced to Nihilistic.

NFS: MW though ... it makes no sense why they're not showing that off, screaming about it from the rooftops - you know? It's a true open world racer by the masters of that craft .. yet a lot of people still don't know that, especially not knowing that the Vita version is being done in house and will be very close to the console performance.

Some other things though like Samurai and Dragons... that makes no sense why they're showing it off, unless Sega is guageing interest like they did with PDf, although that still hasn't been confirmed for the West :\

Need for speed has a lot of jaggies. Not as crisp looking as I thought but it looks good.
Soul Sacrifice looks awesome on the vita screen.

Maybe that's why they're not showing it off at all - it's not quite as on par as they were promising? As long as performance doesn't dip I'm still down .. the featureset is the same and the entirety of the open world is there so it's pretty mind boggling that it's looking as good as it currently is eh?

I think Soul Sacrifice is going to be such a killer app for the Vita. It looks so damn good, I really can't wait for it.

Ran rp

I can deal with toned down geometry and effects and whatever but man do I hate jaggies. How does it compare to other racers on the Vita, spannicus?

B.O.O.M

What is this vita hate thread you guys speak of?

Oh and ANY gameplay impressions on Soul Sacrifice is very much appreciated!

What is this vita hate thread you guys speak of?

Oh and ANY gameplay impressions on Soul Sacrifice is very much appreciated!

The talking about PS Vita's underperformance before it's first Christmas one. I've been trying to talk sense into some people but all they're doing is quoting sales and such.

unsung0

Neo Member
All these other Vitadads have inspired me to write an update to my blog! Slow day at work :)

http://game-anatomy.blogspot.com/

Don't worry .. it's not for profit (the blog)

Nice write up. I too am a fellow VitaDad (4 kids for me, ages 2 thru 9. Yeah... yikes!). My PS3 is on all day, everyday, but its on Netflix or maybe the kids are playing LBP2 or Skylanders. I don't get any TV time unless I stay up after bedtime, which I will do occasionally if there's something good to play. But my Vita has the most play time this year by far with Uncharted, Wipeout, Hotshots Golf, Unit 13, Virtua Tennis, Sound Shapes, Motorstorm RC, etc. My year would have had much less gaming without my Vita. VitaDads Unite!
Add me on PSN: unsung0.

Kyon

Banned
Like the 30th can't come any faster?

In other news Now we buy medicore vita games to justify our purchase guys according to the ppl in that other thread :D

There just aren´t many appealing games, often I get the impression that some PSV owners even buy mediocre games just to justify their purchase.

AwRy108

I've played about an hour of New Little King's Story, and am really enjoying it. From what I can tell so far, the UK review outlets provided much more accurate write-ups (and thus, scores) for the game: the framerate isn't great, but it also doesn't render the game any less enjoyable; and the game does itself a huge disservice by providing such little in-game info. regarding controls and objectives, almost as if it's assuming you played the Wii version.

Otherwise, good stuff--the Vita needs more titles like this, albeit at a more respectable price (I payed $0 for mine thanks to the recent PlayStation Credit Card promo). If the Vita version of PS+ offers a reasonable discount, I'd recommend everyone in this thread should grab this game.

B.O.O.M

The talking about PS Vita's underperformance before it's first Christmas one. I've been trying to talk sense into some people but all they're doing is quoting sales and such.

Must be the Sony christmas thingy, actually it's almost every Vita thread except this one.

Gotcha..thanks.

It's weird really...why do people focus on sales so much around here? I mean IF the sales were affecting the release of games and us owners are not getting good games then that's one thing....but we ARE getting some fantastic games for the system..the october/november line up is CRAZY! sigh I don't understand people

MisterC20XX

I am here at Comic Con and this shit is LIVE about to go into PlayStation booth they have a lot of Vita games.

Alright spannicus, you have our attention--details please! I say "No!" to a dedicated thread, this is a perfect place to share the details. Bring it, brother!

AwRy108

Gotcha..thanks.

It's weird really...why do people focus on sales so much around here? I mean IF the sales were affecting the release of games and us owners are not getting good games then that's one thing....but we ARE getting some fantastic games for the system..the october/november line up is CRAZY! sigh I don't understand people

It's also shitty to see so much Vita bashing coming from people who don't even own one. IMHO, the 3DS is the device that needs bashing, its software lineup over the next 6 months if freakin' awful; and this is coming from someone who owns both models of the hardware. A few Nintendo exclusives featuring 2nd-tier characters and Monster Hunter aren't going to do shit for the 3DS sales in the US.

MisterC20XX

VitaDads roll out!!

I'm a father of three (4, 6, 7) and while we have two HDTVs in the house, the one with the 360 on it has become a Netflix player for the kids and the other one has been turned into my wife's home improvement and cooking channel viewer. :) Where does that leave me? Sitting about the house playing games on my Vita. It really is the perfect gaming machine for someone like me; someone who loves console games but has limited, dedicated gaming time and access to the TVs in the house.

Gotcha..thanks.

There is a sensible arguement to be made that if sales don't pick up less support will occur and eventually the system itself will cease to be. I agree that all of this is a bit silly judging before the first holiday season, but the writing is on the wall and something needs to happen. Hopefully this holiday season and its great lineup of games is that catalyst. I dread the thought of what would happen if sales don't improve much at all this holiday though.

That said I am already bought in totally and eagerly await all the great games this year and next year. I mean next year we still have Tearaway, Soul Sacrifice, and Killzone, and the possibility of great Jrpgs like Ys 4 Celceta coming over. Dead system or not it still has plenty of life for me.

patsu

Have been super busy, which is good career-wise.

Alas but I have bad news. I lost my Vita. >_<

Will have to get a new one next month. October is still too busy for me.

I knew it would happen to me. Fortunately, I have gone fully DD so my games are all redownloadable. My saves are also on the Mac. [phew~]

NEO0MJ

Having great fun with the vita, but the battery life is a real downer, though I was expecting that. One I really don't like though is how bad PSP games seem to look at it, though I admit I only tried Maverick Hunter x. Anyway to make them clearer?

I knew it would happen to me. Fortunately, I have gone fully DD so my games are all redownloadable. My saves are also on the Mac. [phew~]

Patsu no! That sucks man : / ...but on the flip side now you have the perfect excuse to snag that white Vita AC Bundle!!

MisterC20XX

Resistance will actually get me into a game now. However, I forgot how WRETCHED the game is. The framerate is absolutely abysmal. The only redeeming quality is that the controls feel amazing.

Thanks for the update. A bad framerate in a FPS is a deal breaker for me. Hopefully things improve with CODBOD.

Top of the page: Buy Velocity, Mutant Blobs and SunFlowers!

VanWinkle

That's too bad, man. Did you leave it somewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom