• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only problem with being a Vitadad is the complete lack of respect kids give electronics. Mine was playing the vita while eating popcorn the other day. There were butter smugges everywhere

I'm sure this was probably asked recently several times, but do we think we'll be seeing a redesign of the Vita in the next six months or so? I'm hoping I know before the US release of Ys drops (if it drops).

I'm sure this was probably asked recently several times, but do we think we'll be seeing a redesign of the Vita in the next six months or so? I'm hoping I know before the US release of Ys drops (if it drops).

No way in hell a redesign is coming soon. Sony still has mountains of the current one sitting in warehouses and store shelves. It is safe to go ahead and buy one.

BibiMaghoo

My partner has been watching old episodes of time team using 4 on demand.
Every time it cuts to ads, a vita ad plays. Every time.

She is watching this on her xbox 360.

neoemonk

Vitadad is a thing now? Count me in. Four going on five year old son and a two year old girl. My boy is very curious about Disgaea. He can't figure out the appeal.

darkwing

Just bought a replacement USB cable off eBay for £2, not bad. Not official obviously, but they don't sell them anywhere here anyway. It does say specifically that it works with "accessories including the AC adapter" and I have all other parts of the adapter, so hopefully I should just be able to plug it in and it'll work as the official one did.

well, I'm pretty sure it would work, my class A Vita cable looks very cheap but it works

SiDCrAzY

Another Vitadad here. I have a two year old girl and a three year old boy. :)

Trying my best to keep my Vita out of their hands when I'm not home. :p

I'm not even sure what can be redesigned on the Vita. :/

Hmm, for starters I'd want a better battery life and larger face buttons. I kinda hate that all portables now have tiny face buttons, even the giant 3DS XL...

No way in hell a redesign is coming soon. Sony still has mountains of the current one sitting in warehouses and store shelves. It is safe to go ahead and buy one.

Good point. Thanks!

Iacobellis

Crappy LCD screen, form factor that doesn't look like a PSP, integrated non-replaceable memory so they can go $199 (16Gb) and $299 (32Gb).

The battery is already non-replaceable, isn't it? I don't see Sony or any third party companies selling replacements.

EDIT: Wow, totally just read memory as battery. Sorry.

SiDCrAzY

Better cameras, internal memory(32gb), better battery life, gorilla glass, would be some good choices. I'd also prefer a matte Vita, as I hate fingerprints.

It would be cool to have a Vita with a similar design to the PSP Go.

Mondriaan

Crappy LCD screen, form factor that doesn't look like a PSP, integrated non-replaceable memory so they can go $199 (16Gb) and $299 (32Gb).
LCD screen won't happen because it would require a bigger/better battery to maintain the same battery life unless they're going to make the whole thing bigger- as in tablet-sized bigger.

The only problem with being a Vitadad is the complete lack of respect kids give electronics. Mine was playing the vita while eating popcorn the other day. There were butter smugges everywhere

That's one of the reasons I bought the extended warranty that covers damage from Sony. That and I won't let my kid touch my Vita.

shaqnosis

Neo Member
Ok vitabros, need a new game and its looking like LBP, but I'm not sure I want to get it. Obviously has reviewed well, is loved on gaf and has a near 5 score on the psn store after 700+ ratings.... So it's a good game.

BUT whilst I completed the story levels in lbp1, and enjoyed it at the time, I only dabbled in the creation tools and did nothing of significance with them. Only Played a few community levels as well.

Bought LBP psp. Did not enjoy it and dont think I got off the first planet/group of stages. It's on my vita now, but again it's just seems a bit flat to me and will be deleted when I next need some fridge space.

Hardly played LBP 2, stopping after playing the first few levels.

So given that little LBP history it sounds like I should avoid it. but It is the definitive version and a few gaffers have said they didn't enjoy the ps3 versions but like this one!

Have others not done much with creation and still felt they got their money's worth? Is the creation way easier than the first LBP?

sajj316

Ok vitabros, need a new game and its looking like LBP, but I'm not sure I want to get it. Obviously has reviewed well, is loved on gaf and has a near 5 score on the psn store after 700+ ratings.... So it's a good game.

BUT whilst I completed the story levels in lbp1, and enjoyed it at the time, I only dabbled in the creation tools and did nothing of significance with them. Only Played a few community levels as well.

Bought LBP psp. Did not enjoy it and dont think I got off the first planet/group of stages. It's on my vita now, but again it's just seems a bit flat to me and will be deleted when I next need some fridge space.

Hardly played LBP 2, stopping after playing the first few levels.

So given that little LBP history it sounds like I should avoid it. but It is the definitive version and a few gaffers have said they didn't enjoy the ps3 versions but like this one!

Have others not done much with creation and still felt they got their money's worth? Is the creation way easier than the first LBP?

Seems your time with LBP seems to validate your potential position that it might not be the game for you. What were your major frustrations with the past games?

What type of game do you like in general and what do you have now?

On my part, this flexible plastic screen should never be traded for gorilla glass. My phone fell 40cm and shattered in half a million pieces, some as sharp and thin as needles ....

Hobohodo

So I'm probably going to import Zero Escape: VLR so that I can get the English dub. Any advice on what's the best site to import into the UK from? I was going to go with Play Asia as that's who I have used in the past but if anyone has any reason I should go with someone else it would be appreciated.

So I'm probably going to import Zero Escape: VLR so that I can get the English dub. Any advice on what's the best site to import into the UK from? I was going to go with Play Asia as that's who I have used in the past but if anyone has any reason I should go with someone else it would be appreciated.

Play Asia all the way for me - free shipping and pretty good prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom