• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulLFC

Okay, just had another look for the Vita charging cable and it's nowhere to be found. I've been looking for it for a few days now, I doubt it's going to turn up. Just my luck that it's the cable that plugs into the Vita rather than the other one which just looks like a standard Sony mains cable. I have the box and plug, but no Vita cable :(

So does anyone know where I can buy one in the UK? The official ones don't seem to exist, all Sony sell is some portable charger. There are replicas on Amazon but most of them have bad reviews, so that's a last resort.

Okay, just had another look for the Vita charging cable and it's nowhere to be found. I've been looking for it for a few days now, I doubt it's going to turn up. Just my luck that it's the cable that plugs into the Vita rather than the other one which just looks like a standard Sony mains cable. I have the box and plug, but no Vita cable :(

So does anyone know where I can buy one in the UK? The official ones don't seem to exist, all Sony sell is some portable charger. There are replicas on Amazon but most of them have bad reviews, so that's a last resort.

eBay?

kerrak

another vitadad here 1 and 6. My daughter loves vita with little deviants, harry potter, sackboy, crash and patapon more than our tablet fully loaded of cake apps, autorunners, cute monsters, dressing girls apps et al. My son…well, he loves watching peppa pig on the youtube app.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Like the 30th can't come any faster?

In other news Now we buy medicore vita games to justify our purchase guys according to the ppl in that other thread :D
Well, a lot of people did buy Resistance BS. :p
I Platinumed it but I got it for free. :D

PaulLFC

I'm thinking of ordering a cable from there but they all seem to be third party ones, so I'm a bit wary. I guess it's my only option though.

Does the official charger stand come with its own cables for charging the Vita, or do you have to have them already?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I'm thinking of ordering a cable from there but they all seem to be third party ones, so I'm a bit wary. I guess it's my only option though.

Does the official charger stand come with its own cables for charging the Vita, or do you have to have them already?
It doesn't come with a cable.

PaulLFC

It doesn't come with a cable.
Damn, running out of options :(

Could I just buy something like this and plug it into the power pack I already have from the original AC adapter?

It doesn't help that there's a lot of seemingly inaccurate posts around on the PlayStation forums about what works and what doesn't - someone said a HTC phone charger (micro USB) has worked, but unless I'm being really stupid (that is a possibility, I'm tired), the Vita doesn't have a micro USB port or any adapters between micro USB and whatever port the Vita uses for charging.

darkwing

Damn, running out of options :(

Could I just buy something like this and plug it into the power pack I already have from the original AC adapter?

It doesn't help that there's a lot of seemingly inaccurate posts around on the PlayStation forums about what works and what doesn't - someone said a HTC phone charger (micro USB) has worked, but unless I'm being really stupid (that is a possibility, I'm tired), the Vita doesn't have a micro USB port or any adapters between micro USB and whatever port the Vita uses for charging.

I have a 3rd party Vita cable, works ok, but sometimes janky, I just make sure not to move the cable around too much

winjet81

Apologies for double post but ign reviewed FIFA 13 for vita

http://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2012/10/12/fifa-soccer-13-vita-review

They also posted an editorial about the fact ea is selling the same game twice basically for vita and wii (by this I mean how it's the same game as last year)

http://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2012/10/12/fifa-13-ea-sells-old-games-as-new

If these clown companies don't have the resources or $$$ to develop a new iteration of these 'yearly release' games, they should get smart and sell these updates as DLC content.

Surely they could make more money and develop some goodwill by offering a 2013 roster/kit DLC update for $10... rather than trying to re-sell an old product as new.

PaulLFC

I have a 3rd party Vita cable, works ok, but sometimes janky, I just make sure not to move the cable around too much
Thanks, sorry to be a pain but do you have a link to the one you bought? I'd rather buy something that's confirmed to work, some of the cables on Amazon apparently don't work according to the reviews.

It's also shitty to see so much Vita bashing coming from people who don't even own one. IMHO, the 3DS is the device that needs bashing, its software lineup over the next 6 months if freakin' awful; and this is coming from someone who owns both models of the hardware. A few Nintendo exclusives featuring 2nd-tier characters and Monster Hunter aren't going to do shit for the 3DS sales in the US.

Glad I'm not the only one that saw it. I actually returned my XL but I can't put my Vita down for a good hour

Hmmm so the MIA list is growing... no Samurai and Dragons eh? Disappointing. I was also hoping that Frobisher Says would finally make it to the Americas but I guess it's too hard to put it on the American PSN even though it's already in English.. At least we're getting Smart As eh?

darkwing

Thanks, sorry to be a pain but do you have a link to the one you bought? I'd rather buy something that's confirmed to work, some of the cables on Amazon apparently don't work according to the reviews.

I bought a 20 in 1 accessories pack from Dragon I think, from a video game store in my country, pretty cheap, class A stuff

Sid

Glad I'm not the only one that saw it. I actually returned my XL but I can't put my Vita down for a good hour
Dude those are 'sales discussions' and the same shit is repeated there over 500 times including the snark and whatnot but despite the obvious bias of quite a few of such members in such threads they will favor a franchise which is not on the vita as well as selling the most or a studio which won't work on it to extrapolate the current sales situation of the vita.This obviously shouldn't affect anyone's enjoyment of the system,basically just ignore the hate,sony hasn't dropped a platform so hastily before and i doubt they'll do that especially with the vita in the current economic climate.

Vitacat

I'm sorta kinda a Vitadad...

Some may recall my wife has cancer etc., and long story short before she started radiation treatments we made some in-vitro "babycicles" (as we affectionately call them). For all intents and purposes they are our kids. :) Or can be someday, in theory.

Sid

Some may recall my wife has cancer etc., and long story short before she started radiation treatments we made some in-vitro "babycicles" (as we affectionately call them). For all intents and purposes they are our kids. :) Or can be someday, in theory.
Sry to hear that man,best of luck to your wife.

Ponn

Banned
PS Vita general discussion thread, part 7 | Vita died

But then we can have PS Vita general discussion thread, part 8 Rise From Your Grave

Also I posted this another thread but it may not be seen so I thought I would share with vitabros, GET HYPED FOR PERSONA 4 GOLDEN!!

bPnif.jpg

I will allow its use in the offical Persona 4 Golden thread, but still retain all other copyrights.

I guess I am a "soon to be" Vitadad, as my wife and I are about half way done with our first.

It's kind of funny the current due date for our baby is the exactly 1 year after the launch date for the Vita.

sajj316

No sort of, you are one!

Got ya beat slightly, my wife and I are about to have our first son end of the month.

So there goes all those end of month releases, I guess I will be able to sit back and wait to see how they rate though lol.

Keep me posted.

If you're lucky like me, these months coming will have your wife and kid sleeping a lot, and you may have more time than expected. But you have to be lucky ... So I wish you the best of luck! It's an amazing experience. Before you know it your son doesn't ven want your help anymore killing the deadstorm pirates endboss, like my 4yo tonight.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
It sounds dumb but seriously, there are two different ads just on the web page and I've had 3 during the actual stream

They should stop spending that money on ads and put them on game development. eh? Eh? EH!?

JFunky

Count me in as one more Vitadad! I have two daughters ages 2 and 4. The vita is a great way to get some gaming in while they watch a movie or show on netflix. At night it gives me a way to game while the wife watches whatever singing or home improvement show is on. Hoping the wii u will give me a chance to play more stuff since my tv always seems to be tied up!

PaulLFC

Just bought a replacement USB cable off eBay for £2, not bad. Not official obviously, but they don't sell them anywhere here anyway. It does say specifically that it works with "accessories including the AC adapter" and I have all other parts of the adapter, so hopefully I should just be able to plug it in and it'll work as the official one did.

Just bought a replacement USB cable off eBay for £2, not bad. Not official obviously, but they don't sell them anywhere here anyway. It does say specifically that it works with "accessories including the AC adapter" and I have all other parts of the adapter, so hopefully I should just be able to plug it in and it'll work as the official one did.

Hop it works VitaBro!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom