• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterC20XX

Haha, what? What's wrong with buying PSN cards?

I have no idea, I thought they'd appreciate the sale. The clerk said "Wow. Looks like you're going to spend some big money on PSN. Are you sure you don't want to buy physical copies of your games here!?" I told him I was "commited to digital purchases" for my Vita and he let out a little laugh, handed me the cards, said "K, here ya go" and looked away.

Noi

I didn't mind buying digital cards off GS, but it was a total crapshoot as to WHEN you'd get the cards. Amazon used to be either instant or with a small delay, but it didn't average at 5-6 hours later like GameStop. So much for the convenience of digital purchases!

MisterC20XX

I'm starting to get a little worried about NFS Most Wanted now. I wasn't remotely worried up to this point since its Criterion and they are beasts, but I must say I'm kind of worried about the potential quality of the Vita version. :-/

Are you worried about something you heard from NYCC or due to the general lack of information regarding the game?

Astra

I have no idea, I thought they'd appreciate the sale. The clerk said "Wow. Looks like you're going to spend some big money on PSN. Are you sure you don't want to buy physical copies of your games here!?" I told him I was "commited to digital purchases" for my Vita and he let out a little laugh, handed me the cards, said "K, here ya go" and looked away.

Nice, sounds like a condescending jerk-ass. Guess he doesn't understand that physical media can become damaged, and there goes your game. Lose your system or harddrive? Can always get a new one, and redownload your games.

I go physical myself, normally, but have nothing against getting digital copies when I can't get a physical copy.

VanWinkle

Are you worried about something you heard from NYCC or due to the general lack of information regarding the game?

Kind of a combination of the lack of positive impressions from nycc and also the lack of info overall. I mean, the game is like 18 days from release and we still haven't even seen any actual footage.

Sonic All-Stars is MIA at NYCC. I wonder how poorly optimized that will be.

This is worrying too, since I want to buy this, but isn't it developed by the people who did the excellent Virtua Tennis for Vita? I could be wrong here but I think I remember somebody saying that. If it is, we may not have anything to worry about.

shaqnosis

Neo Member
Seems your time with LBP seems to validate your potential position that it might not be the game for you. What were your major frustrations with the past games?

What type of game do you like in general and what do you have now?

EDIT: i sucked at the creation mode and never spent the time to go though all the tutorials. Maybe the touch screen will help make it easier to get some basic levels going, and then get more advanced from there.

Megatron

There's quite a few PSN exclusives that should be on Vita; Dead Natiom would be glorious and coop could still be implemented, Journey would be beautiful, Flower and Flow too.

I'd love to see some non-exclusives on there too like Trine 1 and 2, RE 4 and Code: Veronica, Sonic CD, etc.

Megatron

Nice, sounds like a condescending jerk-ass. Guess he doesn't understand that physical media can become damaged, and there goes your game. Lose your system or harddrive? Can always get a new one, and redownload your games.

I go physical myself, normally, but have nothing against getting digital copies when I can't get a physical copy.

I go both. Digital is my preference, but I'll do physical if there's a sale. I like digital because I don't have to swap cartridges, I can just play whatever I feel like, my whole library is immediately accesible.

MisterC20XX

Erm...do you guys not have credit cards, or...

Put a credit card on PSN?

1329179424_mj-laughing1.gif

Astra

Erm...do you guys not have credit cards, or...

I do, but I only use it when I really need to. Usually if an unexpected large bill comes up, such as car repair.

Edit: and yeah, PSN...

I go both. Digital is my preference, but I'll do physical if there's a sale. I like digital because I don't have to swap cartridges, I can just play whatever I feel like, my whole library is immediately accesible.

Yeah, it's definitely more convenient. I'm playing the Infamous games now, since the 2nd is free on PS+ (got the first from the Welcome Back program) and also playing MGS: HD (retail). It's nice not having to switch out the disc when I switch over to MGS to do some co-op on Peace Walker.

My goal was to go physical for single player games and digital for multiplayer games. That was going well until XSEED announced an LE pack for Ragnarok Odyssey, damn it.

Your accent is adorable. Great video btw.

Here Vita bros got some goodies from Comic Con. Still uploading more vids. just view all my uploaded vids.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-w6pSKY1rQ&feature=plcp

Aw, did the PR lady shoo you away from NFS: MW? :( What happened there? I think EA just wants the Vita version to die or something, usually when a company is so protective of showing a game off it's when they're not confident in the build or state it's in.

You know what, even with AC coming and the great visual experience with Gravity Rush, I think that a "superhero like" game could be a title that will bring more players on the platform.
They could sacrifice on the assets and use more physics and character on screen, I think that the console is pretty capace to pull off at least something on the lines of the first Prototype.
Fast paced, massive and colorful special powers battles should look nice on this screen

I think I'm leaning towards getting ACL instead of AC3 on day 1. Most Ubisoft titles drop in price within a month or two. I'd rather support the Vita title with my limited funds.

spannicus

So is NFS jaggies are like uncharted: Golden abyss ?

I would say Uncharted was visually better there are times where the on coming cars seem to look a little blocky for some reason. Its a good looking game and one thing i noticed was there was really no damage to my vehicle as I played and crashed into things. The jaggies aint that bad just does not look as good as the console versions.

Ran rp

I would say Uncharted was visually better there are times where the on coming cars seem to look a little blocky for some reason. Its a good looking game and one thing i noticed was there was really no damage to my vehicle as I played and crashed into things. The jaggies aint that bad just does not look as good as the console versions.

How does it compare to Wipeout 2048?

SiDCrAzY

Just picked up Madden NFL 13 for 23.99 and with that purchase I have all the Vita games I want that are actually out.

Now just to wait for all the upcoming ones, I doubt I'll be buying any of them at launch(except maybe NFSMW).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom