• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiDCrAzY

Don't know if this was posted before:

I’ve also learned that North American copies of Black Ops Declassified will include a bonus game download — Call of Duty: Roads to Victory, which was previously only available for the PSP.

Source

Edit: my bad :)

spannicus

All those getting SS you will not be dissapointed I promise. Everything about the game is amazing and its easy to toggle through your spells. I practically beat the boss by pounding him with my giant fist and shooting what was like darts that targeted four parts of the enemy. Character customization is there you can change outfit colors. Choose male or female etc. Also heard those u spare in game become allies down the road. I have footage of P4 it was also looking very good I will upload it soon. Sly Cooper looked good and used some sort of gyro aiming with arrows. Rocket Birds also looked amazing keep an eye out for that. Will upload better footage of Ss and NFS with better quality. Comic con was amazing.

All those getting SS you will not be dissapointed I promise. Everything about the game is amazing and its easy to toggle through your spells. I practically beat the boss by pounding him with my giant fist and shooting what was like darts that targeted four parts of the enemy. Character customization is there you can change outfit colors. Choose male or female etc. Also heard those u spare in game become allies down the road.

From that video you put up that game looks and runs beautifully. Surprised to see they were using a non localized build.

MisterC20XX

All those getting SS you will not be dissapointed I promise. Everything about the game is amazing and its easy to toggle through your spells. I practically beat the boss by pounding him with my giant fist and shooting what was like darts that targeted four parts of the enemy. Character customization is there you can change outfit colors. Choose male or female etc. Also heard those u spare in game become allies down the road.

So great to hear! Thanks for recording and uploading the videos!

Ran rp

When Vikings Attack looks great. Kind of wish it was an adventure game built around that carrying/throwing mechanic. A Pikmin-like game where instead of commanding your groups of Pikmin, you are the Pikmin.

spannicus

Thanks for the videos dude.

I award you one Corgi. Lol thanks you're welcome

corgi_gif.gif

PSY・S;43140326 said:
Nice! Have you seen any actual races yet, and if you have is there any screen tearing?

Just one and traffic seemed to beef up a bit. No screen tearing just the oncoming cars would look a little blockish in the distance.

Vitacat

I do understand when he points out certain games shouldn't be on the Vita. Like Sly Cooper it fits being on the PS3 more so than the vita, time and effort is being wasted on the port.(but its cross-buy which kinda changes things).

Umm, no.

Not everyone owns a PS3. I don't. I Loved Sly Cooper on PS2, and have wanted a portable Sly since PSP launched. So I'm completely thrilled to see the new one coming to Vita.

Astra

All those getting SS you will not be dissapointed I promise. Everything about the game is amazing and its easy to toggle through your spells. I practically beat the boss by pounding him with my giant fist and shooting what was like darts that targeted four parts of the enemy. Character customization is there you can change outfit colors. Choose male or female etc. Also heard those u spare in game become allies down the road. I have footage of P4 it was also looking very good I will upload it soon. Sly Cooper looked good and used some sort of gyro aiming with arrows. Rocket Birds also looked amazing keep an eye out for that. Will upload better footage of Ss and NFS with better quality. Comic con was amazing.

Thanks for the SS impressions, I'm really looking forward to it. 18 more days and I'll have my Vita, and already there'll be lots of games for me to catch up on, with P4 just around the corner!

spannicus

Some awesome videos, Spannicus!

Heard some great things about When Vikings Attack, btw
Thanks. It looked awesome I really think its native Rex it actually looked better than Guacamelee in terms of visuals.
Definitely a port from 3DS. But like I said the other, the 3DS version of LOTR is greatly improved from LEGO Batman 2.

I was sure to ask him if it was a 3ds port. Two guys assured me it was not so I guess you guys have a decision to make.

zroid

Banned
Ugh, my Vita is getting super shafted lately. There just isn't enough time to play everything I want. ;-;

I'm worried about P4G; the timing on that couldn't be much worse. It's coming out two days after Wii U! Still getting it but I have no idea when I'll get around to playing. Could be months.

branny

Wake me up when Technika Tune comes out. I want to bitch about it already.

I'm actually thinking about getting a 3DS XL in the meantime because I can't stand how my Cosmo digs into my palm. Nintendo Vitahos, is it worth it to upgrade? I ask because you all know what it's like to have a lovely d-pad, buttons, and screen. The jump from OG 3DS to 3DS XL may actually not be as important to someone who also has a Vita, so this question is 100% super relevant.

zroid

Banned
I'm actually thinking about getting a 3DS XL in the meantime because I can't stand how my Cosmo digs into my palm. Nintendo Vitahos, is it worth it to upgrade? I ask because you all know what it's like to have a lovely d-pad, buttons, and screen. The jump from OG 3DS to 3DS XL may actually not be as important to someone who also has a Vita, so this question is 100% super relevant.

Worth it, I think. It's better in every way.

Disclaimer: it's hard for me to be super objective about the value proposition though, because I got a ridiculous deal on mine, which anyone would have been nuts to pass up. I'm not sure I'd pay $200 to upgrade.

Sheik

Definitely a port from 3DS. But like I said the other, the 3DS version of LOTR is greatly improved from LEGO Batman 2.

I think it might be a bit of both. I highly doubt it'll include all the features from the home console versions, but it does look much more polished than the 3DS demo. Hopefully it isn't missing any key features like Batman 2 which wasn't open world.

Astra

Ugh, my Vita is getting super shafted lately. There just isn't enough time to play everything I want. ;-;

I'm worried about P4G; the timing on that couldn't be much worse. It's coming out two days after Wii U! Still getting it but I have no idea when I'll get around to playing. Could be months.

Yeah, I'm also getting a Wii U, but P4 is on the top of my list. I've been itching to replay the game for quite awhile now. Luckily there isn't too much I am getting with the Wii U at launch, so I'll have time for P4.

Watching the Animation is making me want to play the thing even more!

zroid

Banned
Yeah, I'm also getting a Wii U, but P4 is on the top of my list. I've been itching to replay the game for quite awhile now. Luckily there isn't too much I am getting with the Wii U at launch, so I'll have time for P4.

Watching the Animation is making me want to play the thing even more!

I've never played a Persona game before and don't know much about the series so it's hard to get that excited. I'm really looking forward to it though.

Astra

I've never played a Persona game before and don't know much about the series so it's hard to get that excited. I'm really looking forward to it though.

Then you're in for a treat! P4 is such a great game, and the best Persona game imo. Hope you enjoy it when you get around to it. Might make going back to P3 a bit hard afterwards, if you become interested, but it's also a great game.

Vitacat

So I tried out the demo for Jet Set Radio for PS3. It was...interesting. I dunno if I want now let alone on Vita.

Did you play it back in the Dreamcast days? I suspect HD may be less charming to those who did not. Being an old DC fan, having a real JSR on a handheld has been a dream of mine for years, so I can't imagine being disappointed by it.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Then you're in for a treat! P4 is such a great game, and the best Persona game imo. Hope you enjoy it when you get around to it. Might make going back to P3 a bit hard afterwards, if you become interested, but it's also a great game.

The PS2 versions, sure. But the PSP version is more like P4, so it makes it a bit easier to get into.

Astra

The PS2 versions, sure. But the PSP version is more like P4, so it makes it a bit easier to get into.

Very true, but there is a trade-off there, with the lack of animated cutscenes, and even the in-game scenes. It feels like it lost a lot of it's character without seeing the models on screen.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Very true, but there is a trade-off there, with the lack of animated cutscenes, and even the in-game scenes. It feels like it lost a lot of it's character without seeing the models on screen.

True. Maybe they'll remake an enhanced port of P3P on the Vita bringing all that stuff back!

And I would buy it. Again. Because I am a sucker.

branny

Worth it, I think. It's better in every way.

Disclaimer: it's hard for me to be super objective about the value proposition though, because I got a ridiculous deal on mine, which anyone would have been nuts to pass up. I'm not sure I'd pay $200 to upgrade.
Thanks, yeah. IDK about the price, but I never want to use my 3DS because it hurts lol. I think that alone has to be worth upgrading. It fixes the stupid corner, right? I have small hands so I should be okay.

I wish it was JSRF instead. So much better. ):
They should really do that one next. JSRF is more fun (and has Birthday Cake so it's automatically better).

Astra

True. Maybe they'll remake an enhanced port of P3P on the Vita bringing all that stuff back!

And I would buy it. Again. Because I am a sucker.

I am also a sucker, and want this very much. Especially for new animated scenes with the female MC!

branny

I thought it was funny how one of the girls in the escape section of the VLR demo was like "I've been looking all over and haven't found anything in this room", and there was a blatantly obvious piece of metal lying on a platter right in front of her. :lol

Sheik

Blasphemous... My VLR hype is off the charts. I don't think I'll enjoy it as much as 999, because 999 is much more "realistic", but I'm so looking forward to being able to skip puzzles after you've completed them.

So many games between Oct-Nov. VLR will take precedence over all. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom