• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blasphemous... My VLR hype is off the charts. I don't think I'll enjoy it as much as 999, because 999 is much more "realistic", but I'm so looking forward to being able to skip puzzles after you've completed them.

So many games between Oct-Nov. VLR will take precedence over all. :D

Why did you enjoy 999 so much? What am I missing?

Sheik

Why did you enjoy 999 so much? What am I missing?

I've always been a fan of morbid/horror room escape games. It's got a bit of choose your own adventure in there too. Throw in an awesome storyline and characters, you've got yourself a great game! The true ending is really interesting as well. It's not everyone's cup of tea, but I'd suggest giving it a couple hours before giving up on it. ;P

The story is good, excellent translation. But these puzzles.... I'd rather play Layton puzzles. Wish I could speed up the text too.

Yeah, most of the puzzles aren't very challenging. Some are pretty good though. You can fastforward through text once you've completed your first playthrough, but you can't skip puzzles which is really, really annoying. Thankfully they've fixed that in VLR.

zroid

Banned
It fixes the stupid corner, right? I have small hands so I should be okay.

Definitely, yup. Unlike the OG where the only really comfortable way to hold it is semi-awkwardly clutched between thumbs and fingers, the XL can fill your hands nicely.

Why didn't you buy P3P when it was on sale?! Perfect starting point.

Yeah, about that... I did buy it. I was planning to play it in August. Never happened :(

So looking ahead to new Vita releases:

Oct 16
Silent Hill: BOM
Jet Set Radio
Dokuro

Oct 23
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
Street Fighter/Tekken
DJ Max Technika Tune
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz
Smart as...

Oct 30
Assassin's Creed III: Liberation
Ragnarok Odyssey
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
LEGO The Lord of the Rings
WRC 3

Nov 6
Nothing

Nov 11
Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified

Nov 20
Persona 4: The Golden
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

Nov 27-Dec 30
Nothing OUCH

Q1 2013
Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault

Jan 6 to February 5
Nothing

Feb 5
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

Feb 10 to March 10
Nothing Double OUCH

March 13
Souls Sacrifice

Q2-Q4 2013
No announcements yet
EDF 2017

So, while I think this is a pretty strong line up, its definitely western leaning and there are some pretty huge gaps. I wonder is Sony shouldve spread out some of these releases? For example, COD would have made a perfect release somewhere between Jan and Feb.

I really hope we get some new game announcements soon.

edit: these dates are from Gamespot.com. My apologies if there are errors.

Noi

To be fair, Dec is less a month to release stuff and more for sales and junk, so releasing new games then isn't quite as productive. Also, despite no release date, there's also the other games like Tearaway and Killzone, which we don't know when they're being pegged for.

Vitabrosephs!
Any recommendations for the best 3rd/1st person action games on psp?

The Ys games. All of them.

zroid

Banned
Vita's holiday outlook in Japan is reeeaaally not so good. :\

The quality and general diversity of the western lineup cannot be overstated though. Except for FPS fans, there should be something for just about everyone. And, critically, many of those games aren't ports!

Kazerei

Banned
Vitabrosephs!
Any recommendations for the best 3rd/1st person action games on psp?

Unit 13 is an awesome third person shooter. Solid gameplay, good amount of content, and open level design. Only drawback is the dumbass AI, but whatever, just makes it easier to pwn them.

Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3 if you haven't played them yet. The Vita ports look great and run at a smooth 30 fps.

Edit: I suck at reading :x

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I was working hard for three days or something(really) so I missed all the fun.

-So some people want Vita GAF to sell their Vitas and games and care more about sales and big corps business because apparently that is what matter most..for us gamers.

-WRC3 look great, shame that I have horrible experience with WRC1 and 2 they were horrible rally games, just as bad as that garbage Dirt series.

-People buying Spy Hunter are bad people and their Vita should taken away from them.

Because its a lesser game in terms of being a downgraded Persona experience. Persona 4 is the superior RPG and Persona game period no questions asked. Buy it in stores November 20th ^^ pre order at your local game shops for a skin for your Vita tbh

Kyon is now my official favorite VitaGAF member. *sister fist*

Awesome,now the the Vita is hacked wide open codes are the only way to go.

I guess I'll get RCR just to thanks Amazon.com(great site).

So looking ahead to new Vita releases:

Oct 16
Silent Hill: BOM
Jet Set Radio

Oct 23
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz

Oct 30
Need for Speed: Most Wanted

Nov 20
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

*2013 games removed*

For the rest of 2012 these the games I want...not bad Vita chan,not bad at all.

so that why you hate Gravity Rush....you can just skip the text I guess :p

MarkusRJR

The only games I'll be getting are Persona 4 Golden and maybe Soul Sacrifice if it's any good. Anyone know when Crunchyroll is coming to Vita?

Oh and when does Tear Away come out? That game looks mildly interesting.

I think some ppl in that other thread are already asking if they can play Vita backups and someone said soon CH............... This is just....

We cant have nice things can we. If Vita games get pirated, then its a death nail. No doubts, Anyone who thinks otherwise is insane.

Oct 16
Dokuro

Oct 23

Oct 30

Nov 20
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale (maybe)

Just picked out the few I'm getting this year (though Dokuro's included assuming it actually gets released here).

A couple of corrections though: Orgarhythm is coming out Oct 23, Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD is coming "early to mid-November" and R&C Full Frontal Assault is still apparently coming out this year.

MarkusRJR

Am I the only one who finds the Vita extremely uncomfortable to hold? I just played the LBP demo and my hands are so sore afterwards. Maybe it's because I have long fingers but I can't find a comfortable way of holding it. I miss the PSP Go's small form factor. It's the best handheld design ever (except for maybe the Gameboy Micro).

Am I the only one who finds the Vita extremely uncomfortable to hold? I just played the LBP demo and my hands are so sore afterwards. Maybe it's because I have long fingers but I can't find a comfortable way of holding it. I miss the PSP Go's small form factor. It's the best handheld design ever (except for maybe the Gameboy Micro).

Personally the vita is more comfortable than my iPad, iPhone, 3DS, psp, dualshock and m+kb. Still nothing dethrones the 360 controller for me though.

MarkusRJR

I'm just holding it like I do the psp or 3DS, fingers over the back touch since most games don't use it
Oh I was holding it with my fingers on the little indents beside the back touch area, and my pinkies under the lanyard holes. I'd imagine tpyour way wouid be much more comfortable. I'm not sure how well you'd be able to grip it that way though for fast paced games.

Thnx for reccomendations bros, would welcome more. :D

Unit 13 is an awesome third person shooter. Solid gameplay, good amount of content, and open level design. Only drawback is the dumbass AI, but whatever, just makes it easier to pwn them.

Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3 if you haven't played them yet. The Vita ports look great and run at a smooth 30 fps.

Played all of them. Great games. Konami needs to fix the price for Peacewalker on PSP and put it on the Vita store. NOW!

The Ys games. All of them.

I've been really considering those, Celceta looks pretty awesome and I haven't played a Y's game yet.

3rd Birtday, GoW ?

Just watched some gameplay videos, 3rd Birthday looks pretty interesting.

EDIT: How are the analog stick maps for Vita?

Thnx for reccomendations bros, would welcome more. :D

Played all of them. Great games. Konami needs to fix the price for Peacewalker on PSP and put it on the Vita store. NOW!

I've been really considering those, Celceta looks pretty awesome and I haven't played a Y's game yet.

Just watched some gameplay videos, 3rd Birthday looks pretty interesting.

EDIT: How are the analog stick maps for Vita?

The analog maps are pretty good, you can map the dpad to the stick or the face buttons to the right stick.

Toxa

Playing Resident Evil 1.5

926229DSC0112.jpg

Parasite Eve 2

LuchaShaq

Banned

I find the vita horrible ergonomics wise and until buying the nyko grips+battery playing more than 10-15 min was death on my hands.

Which is odd because I have recently laid literal bricks for hours with no hand issues.

Alright,just played a couple of hours of god eater burst this game is a lot of fun.

Yeah I think it's pretty damn awesome. Put 54 hours into it.

Can't find anything else similar to it / phantasy star games to get that I like (can't get into monster hunter). Tempted to go through it again with a new char.

I'm also tempted to import ragnarok odyssey (I'm in uk). But can anyone here explain how online works with imported games? Does it work?
- If yes is it purely based on you psn region (allowing you to play with other importers / if games eventually comes over here, uk version)?
- or is it based on the version of the game? So I would only be able to play with other users of the same import (Chinese English version or us version)
- or do you play against the people the games region is from?

Also can you get patches with one?

Sid

Yeah I think it's pretty damn awesome. Put 54 hours into it.

Can't find anything else similar to it / phantasy star games to get that I like (can't get into monster hunter). Tempted to go through it again with a new char.

I'm also tempted to import ragnarok odyssey (I'm in uk). But can anyone here explain how online works with imported games? Does it work?
- If yes is it purely based on you psn region (allowing you to play with other importers / if games eventually comes over here, uk version)?
- or is it based on the version of the game? So I would only be able to play with other users of the same import (Chinese English version or us version)
- or do you play against the people the games region is from?

Also can you get patches with one?
Soul Sacrifice is what you should look out for.

I need help with making a decision on importing EDF2017. Would it be difficult to navigate the game's menu options? I dont think I can wait any longer. I need this game on my Vita now.

I need help with making a decision on importing EDF2017. Would it be difficult to navigate the game's menu options? I dont think I can wait any longer. I need this game on my Vita now.

If its anything at all like EDFP2 then it's wry import friendly. The only thins you have to figure out is which menu option is to save and get in the game and the rest is just numbers for gun stats so they are the same as english

LuchaShaq

Banned
Gotta backtrack on my dislike of mutant blob.

The portions where the game plays/feels like a 2d katamari damacy + light puzzles? AWESOME

The portions of the game where it feels like a D grade meat boy style but way easier platformer? Fuck off

SToRM

I think it's only PSP games but if it's Vita then that's it, vita is dead.
As funny as it sounds, but I think it could have a positive effect for the Vita. A hacked Vita could actually have a positive effect on Vita sales, which will attract more publishers to the system. And this will lead to more games and again more buyers of a Vita system.
If you don't believe me, then name one console which did worse or even went out of business because it got hacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom