• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaZero

Also, just to clarify, the AC3:L naval trading system is a minigame that based on an overhead map. You choose routes for ships and ect.

Derrick01

Banned
Also, just to clarify, the AC3:L naval trading system is a minigame that based on an overhead map. You choose routes for ships and ect.

Yeah I was just reading the article too. It sounds kind of disappointing from someone who's coming from something like europa universalis, not that I ever expected AC to match something of that depth. It's just hard to play a minigame trade system that likely won't have much depth to it after doing something a lot deeper.

cyborg009

Banned
Just saw the UK Assassin's Creed 3/Liberation PS3/Vita ad on TV. Very exited for the release. May go Liberation to begin with.

Funny thing as a person who rarely watches T.V. I seen 2 3DS ads and the only thing for Vita was a sign during a soccer match my dad was watching....

@Derrick01

maybe it will be like MGS:pO

Skyzard

Banned
Was watching some more NFSMW footage here (German though but like 20mins..I think it is pc footage).

So many annoying messages right in the centre of the screen blocking your view of oncoming traffic! Should probably be in the NFS thread, but you guys deserve to know :p

ZoPsG.jpg

Skyzard

Banned
AC looks really impressive on Vita. Did we get any word on how it was holding up framerate wise? Last I heard from someone who had played it that the framerate dipped a lot in both towns and the swamps..

spannicus perhaps you'd be able to tell?..wasn't sure from the videos myself - same goes for MW >:) nice and detailed about the performance.. :p Did you go back today? You were the only one who uploaded footage to youtube of nfsmw btw (from comic con, since the ban lifted (or so I've heard)). Although someone else has posted a similar video-infact it is the same clip! but a bit shorter....?

>_< I'm craving longer gameplay footage.

I hope that isn't an issue on the vitas smaller screen :/

I'd imagine the proportions being fairly similar :( Should just move them off to the side, don't know whose bright idea that was.

Carl

Just saw the UK Assassin's Creed 3/Liberation PS3/Vita ad on TV. Very exited for the release. May go Liberation to begin with.

What channel was that? Had BBC3 on for a few hours so havent seen any ads, lol.

AC3 sounds better the more we hear about it. Looking forward to that one. Will probably download it despite it being mainly single player. What can i say... Loving the convenience of digital on Vita.

LuchaShaq

Banned
So much truth in this post. I own both of those games physically and enjoyed them very much. The PSP's piracy was so infamous, it's a miracle the thing still got some games here and there in the West. Developers see the huge install base and want to put their games on it but when you see the sellthrough rate vs. the piracy rate.. it's just depressing.

The sad part? That other vita thread is filled with nothing but people screaming CFW! CFW! over and over again - when everyone knows what people really want the Vita busted wide open for ... piracy :\

With the memory situation/multiple account situation Sony only has themselves to blame.

A big reason the ps3 took so long wasn't just because of blu ray, it was because there was no real reason to BESIDES piracy.

For the vita there are multiple reasons besides piracy so people who actually enjoy being one of the earliest to hack a system open have motivation beyond FIRST!

Shinriji

Going to sell Tales of Graces f, Naruto Generations, KOF 13 (thanks PS+) and DBZ Ultimate Tenkaichi to buy some Vita games. The list closed in SFxTK, DJMAX, NFS and since I got some extra money, I can buy AC3: Liberation.

But a B2G1 would work wonders to get the 2 other games that my collection lacks: LBP Vita and UMVC3.

Going to sell Tales of Graces f, Naruto Generations, KOF 13 (thanks PS+) and DBZ Ultimate Tenkaichi to buy some Vita games. The list closed in SFxTK, DJMAX, NFS and since I got some extra money, I can buy AC3: Liberation.

But a B2G1 would work wonders to get the 2 other games that my collection lacks: LBP Vita and UMVC3.

For some reason I love mvc on my vita :/ perhaps it's cos I suck at fighting games but its easy to do cool stuff in this one and the colours really pop on Dat OLED

spannicus

AC looks really impressive on Vita. Did we get any word on how it was holding up framerate wise? Last I heard from someone who had played it that the framerate dipped a lot in both towns and the swamps..

spannicus perhaps you'd be able to tell?..wasn't sure from the videos myself - same goes for MW >:) nice and detailed about the performance.. :p Did you go back today? You were the only one who uploaded footage to youtube of nfsmw btw (from comic con, since the ban lifted (or so I've heard)). Although someone else has posted a similar video-infact it is the same clip! but a bit shorter....?

>_< I'm craving longer gameplay footage

I'd imagine the proportions being fairly similar :( Should just move them off to the side, don't know whose bright idea that was.
NFS felt like a solid title in terms of performance. There were no visual issues with texture pop in. It controlled smoothly and drifted easily around corners . Didn't go back today. I have studies and spending time with my son. Already paid the game off and I have no regrets.

cyborg009

Banned
NFS felt like a solid title in terms of performance. There were no visual issues with texture pop in. It controlled smoothly and drifted easily around corners . Didn't go back today. I have studies and spending time with my son. Already paid the game off and I have no regrets.

One more than

how does Assassin Creed: L look compare to uncharted ?

branny

NFSMW looks like it's going to be solid, but honestly that game and Forza Horizon do nothing for me. I want Criterion to go back to games like Burnout 3. Paradise and Hot Pursuit turned me all the way off. :(

Skyzard

Banned
^ Open world racing is really fun online...especially if it is anything like BP, but they have decent races too...not to mention cops!

Thanks that's great to hear, good luck with studies and we appreciate the input. So...that's a no with the slowdown (framerate) right? :p Seeming to remember blaming you for slowdown in some of the Puddle levels :p Still good to hear that it is solid, I hope it is the same for AC too. Just overly paranoid about it since they are going to be pretty damn impressive for handheld titles...I can imagine it taking a lot of work to get it to run nicely...and standards for framerate these days aren't exactly tight..

zroid

Banned
Disappointingly the Campus Tour isn't coming to my school till December so no chance to try out ACL early. Ah well.

I really should have waited in line to play it at the event last week.

Maybe since it's so late they'll surprise us with something cool like Soul Sacrifice. Not getting my hopes up though.

Skyzard

Banned
those darn iphones.

Focus would have been nice..but I'm just imagining the most focussed quality images and textures we've seen in my mind and onto that video...damn it looks amazing :p There are less cars like I thought but still a few from what I could tell in the minute or two. Let's see...cannot wait for more...I can't believe only (the legendary) spannicus recorded it and put it on youtube! Come on NY gaf...or anyone that knows of youtube!

spannicus

Focus would have been nice..but I'm just imagining the most focussed quality images and textures we've seen in my mind and onto that video...damn it looks amazing :p There are less cars like I thought but still a few from what I could tell in the minute or two. Let's see...cannot wait for more...I can't believe only (the legendary) spannicus recorded it and put it on youtube! Come on NY gaf...or anyone that knows of youtube!

There were a few others recording with tripods lol hopefully they will upload their footage. Have some better footage just trying to get it off of my other phone.

Skyzard

Banned
There were a few others recording with tripods lol hopefully they will upload their footage. Have some better footage just trying to get it off of my other phone.

FUCKING DO IT LOL! :p Cannot wait for their footage as well but I'd love to see more of yours too -whenever you can would great!...
soon as humanely possible would be ideal though

top of the page mofos, buy JSR coming in a few days!

spannicus has a nice collection of recent videos btw, hope he doesn't mind.

FUCKING DO IT LOL! :p Cannot wait for their footage as well but I'd love to see more of yours too -whenever you can would great!...
soon as humanely possible would be ideal though

top of the page mofos, buy JSR coming in a few days!

Nah, buy Silent Hill: Book of Memories instead!

Skyzard

Banned
^ I wish horror "entertainment" would stop. :p

Unless it's a comedy (Zombieland). Otherwise I need a seriously good plot and really good actors and make sure the plot is at least a little bit fun and not all "you have to save your family" like with Max Payne cutscenes..which was still a good game, just got too serious for a fun action shooting game with a matrix slowdown mode - I only played the old ones...maybe even just the first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom