• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already own a bunch of those games (Rayman, Uncharted, Motorstorm) and the rest of them don't really interest me. I'm mainly into platformers, JRPGs (I hate strategy JRPGs though), arcade racers, action adventure games, and wacky japanese games.

Oh I bet. ;)

EDIT: For the new page... Can someone tell me the difference between a name and a code name in Gods Eater Burst?

Anyhow, most lists omit NGS+ which is stellar on Vita. It runs at native resolution and framerate doesn't slow, even at 30FPS, its solid. It's fantastic on the platform, at least I think so.

I want to also try GEB - but I'll wait until I've tried my hand at MH (with Tri3G) to see if ill enjoy the genre.

Our gaming tastes are similar: I dislike JSRPG and like most of the other genres you listed. I've never been huge (though i dont dislike it) into the anime scene, so some of the Sony JRPG bliss is lost on me.

It really does. I'm playing through it again and I'm so mad that I can only do it via CFW. There's occasionally some noticeable scan lines, but the OLED makes everything pop out just right.

Has anybody been banned for that yet? I've been tempted to take my Vita down the CFW route. I've never played BBS / Crisis Core and I want Space Invaders Extreme / Tony Hawk on my Vita but I can't have either the normal way :|

whitehawk

Banned
So looking ahead to new Vita releases:

Oct 16
Silent Hill: BOM
Jet Set Radio
Dokuro

Oct 23
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
Street Fighter/Tekken
DJ Max Technika Tune
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz
Smart as...

Oct 30
Assassin's Creed III: Liberation
Ragnarok Odyssey
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
LEGO The Lord of the Rings
WRC 3

Nov 6
Nothing

Nov 11
Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified

Nov 20
Persona 4: The Golden
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

Nov 27-Dec 30
Nothing OUCH

Q1 2013
Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault

Jan 6 to February 5
Nothing

Feb 5
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

Feb 10 to March 10
Nothing Double OUCH

March 13
Souls Sacrifice

Q2-Q4 2013
No announcements yet
EDF 2017

So, while I think this is a pretty strong line up, its definitely western leaning and there are some pretty huge gaps. I wonder is Sony shouldve spread out some of these releases? For example, COD would have made a perfect release somewhere between Jan and Feb.

I really hope we get some new game announcements soon.

edit: these dates are from Gamespot.com. My apologies if there are errors.
Damn, 6 games in that list I want to get. 7 if Call of Duty turns out better than expected.

Astra

Upcoming games don't look too bad. Aside from the games already out, there's about 7 more from that list that interest me. So already it's looking to be worth the purchase. Not to mention the PSP library which, though I have a PSP, I have a rather large backlog on.

Anyhow, most lists omit NGS+ which is stellar on Vita. It runs at native resolution and framerate doesn't slow, even at 30FPS, its solid. It's fantastic on the platform, at least I think so.

I want to also try GEB - but I'll wait until I've tried my hand at MH (with Tri3G) to see if ill enjoy the genre.

Our gaming tastes are similar: I dislike JSRPG and like most of the other genres you listed. I've never been huge (though i dont dislike it) into the anime scene, so some of the Sony JRPG bliss is lost on me.

Oh shoot, I keep forgeting about NGS. I should really give it a shot since the its been a VERY long time since I played a NG game.

Skyzard

Banned
Upcoming games don't look too bad. Aside from the games already out, there's about 7 more from that list that interest me. So already it's looking to be worth the purchase. Not to mention the PSP library which, though I have a PSP, I have a rather large backlog on.

Also Killzone, probably GR2... man I hope GTA 2014..

Tearaway is still 2013 too right? There is that Oddworld game(s) I'm not sure when that's out either though. Should be 2013, looked pretty good. Also Dragon's Crown. I want more though. Something like Batman or more decent action games (3rd or 1st person don't mind, could do with more of both). Tekken, GT, GTA, FF...MGS...down the line hopefully. GTA and FF could really help soon though.

I'm hoping we hear more by jan/feb next year at the latest too..

Ninja Gaiden is great on vita, pretty tough though!

Takao

Banned
I wonder what Koei-Tecmo's expectations for NGS+ were, because apparently they said it sold above expectations lol.

MarkusRJR

Just Youtube'd Dokuro and it looks really fun. Is it DD or retail and when is it releasing?

Also, why is MHFU so damn hard? I don't understand how they expect people to beat this shit... I'm not very good at the game but still.

Astra

Also Killzone, probably GR2... man I hope GTA 2014..

Tearaway is still 2013 too right? There is that Oddworld game I'm not sure when that's out either though. Should be 2013, looked pretty good.

I'm hoping we hear more by jan/feb next year at the latest too..

Ninja Gaiden is great on vita, pretty tough though!

Oh yeah, Tearaway. I'm looking forward to that one, looks like a lot of fun.

I haven't played a GTA game since Vice City. I think I'd be pretty interested in playing a portable GTA on Vita.

Takao

Banned
Just Youtube'd Dokuro and it looks really fun. Is it DD or retail and when is it releasing?

Also, why is MHFU so damn hard? I don't understand how they expect people to beat this shit... I'm not very good at the game but still.

PSN only. $19.99

As for Monster Hunter, it's a game that I don't play for that very reason. I suck at it.

Skyzard

Banned
Oh yeah, Tearaway. I'm looking forward to that one, looks like a lot of fun.

I haven't played a GTA game since Vice City. I think I'd be pretty interested in playing a portable GTA on Vita.

They made 3 titles for the PSP, they could throw one our way :p

nintendo 3ds only in 2014

It's incredibly fun, I Really like how the story progresses and the missions are fun, it might get repetitive, though. It also has the best anime opening ever There is a huge range of weapons and the combat can be fast paced even with the larger weapons. For some reason, I can totally get into this but I tried the demo of Monster Hunter Freedom Unite and did not enjoy it.
You should pick up Gods Eater. There's a reason that MH4 is becoming the most un-Monster Hunter-like Monster Hunter title yet, and that reason is probably GE.
Yeah, I can't really get into MH Unite because of the crappy camera, and I've always wanted to play GEB(<3333 Alisa)...

I'll wait to see what's on sale Tuesday before taking the plunge.

kuroshiki

Dokuro is my day 1 title.

Uh. and MHFU is a challenging game, but yeah, you will get used to it.

Astra

They made 3 titles for the PSP, they could throw one our way :p

nintendo 3ds only in 2014

Some backlogged PSP games for me to enjoy on the Vita! It'll be good to see if I still enjoy the games at all. Loved Vice City, and not sure why I never did play any more after that.

WTF? My Vita just gave me an error and told me the web browser was corrupted and to reinstall it. I had to restart the Vita to get it running and the browser is being really weird now. (chugging on mobile neogaf one minute and then suddenly fast and back to being slow). Welp. I don't have a computer right now so I only have my Vita and 3DS to browse the web.

Also, can someone tell me what the difference between a name and a code name is in Gods Eater Burst? I iust installed it for the first time on Vita (I had it on my PSP Go but the camera annoyed me) and I forgot what the hell they were. :p

I guess I'll be waiting for a sale then. Hopefully it's as good as you say.

Does it even matter that much? : P

I think the name you chose is not even used that much, just the basic stuff.

Skyzard

Banned
Does Rockstar Leeds even exist anymore? Some of the leads from that studio started Activision Mobile.

Oh...Anyone but Nihlistic..they'll have enough to do with all CoD money...although I doubt reviews will be too kind..Feel bad making jokes on their expense..but less after I heard the framerate was bad in Resistance Burning Skies :p

Some backlogged PSP games for me to enjoy on the Vita! It'll be good to see if I still enjoy the games at all. Loved Vice City, and not sure why I never did play any more after that.

Great games, been replaying vice city recently as well. Had a tonne of fun in that 10 course bike challenge in the dirt track area. Pretty tough too, I thought..San Andreas isn't the same/full? map as the console version but runs and plays great as well. Chinatown is decent, but still not as much fun as the other two imo.

Sintoid

Good Morning Gaf
Vita weekend, bought Touch my katamari and preordered on zavvi Super Monkey Ball Banana Splitz and Silent Hill Books of Memories (20€ first and 30€ last)

So, is there any new video about Need for Speed Most Wanted from NYCC? I can't understand if what they showed is good or not...

Astra

Great games, been replaying vice city recently as well. Had a tonne of fun in that 10 course bike challenge in the dirt track area. Pretty tough too, I thought..San Andreas isn't the same/full? map as the console version but runs and plays great as well. Chinatown is decent, but still not as much fun as the other two imo.

So is Vice City Stories a port/enhanced port of the PS2 version, or is it more like a supplemental game to the original?

OmegaZero

Agreed 100%.
Well, 99%. The framerate DOES drop, especially during the Hydracubus boss fight on harder difficulties.

I wonder what Koei-Tecmo's expectations for NGS+ were, because apparently they said it sold above expectations lol.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus coming over confirmed?
If it has co-op missions then I will love TemKoei forever.

SiDCrAzY

I didn't think a game needed to have the same characters to be a prequel. Plus every site I see it called a prequel. I didn't enjoy it much either though.

Pardon my ignorance but how does the spend $100 on psn get $20 back work? Do I have to do it all in one shot or does it get calculate some place?
Just picked up a $50 psn card and not sure how to spend it all :\

Sheik

Pardon my ignorance but how does the spend $100 on psn get $20 back work? Do I have to do it all in one shot or does it get calculate some place?
Just picked up a $50 psn card and not sure how to spend it all :\

All you have to do is spend $100 during the month of October. It doesn't have to be all at once. Their system automatically keeps track. I'm not sure if they'll notify you once you've spent over $100 though so you might want to make a note of what you spend yourself.

All you have to do is spend $100 during the month of October. It doesn't have to be all at once. Their system automatically keeps track. I'm not sure if they'll notify you once you've spent over $100 though so you might want to make a note of what you spend yourself.

So i'm assuming once you've reached that mark they email a voucher or just add the funds to your account? Either way thanks for the info!

Vitacat

OK, we really need 64GB+ memory cards.

My 32GB is now full, and I had to delete some demos and movies to load more games. First world problems... :eek:)

Agreed 100%.
Well, 99%. The framerate DOES drop, especially during the Hydracubus boss fight on harder difficulties.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus coming over confirmed?
If it has co-op missions then I will love TemKoei forever.

Is NGS noob friendly? I haven't played a NG game in years.

MarkusRJR

Okay so I decided to set my clock via the Internet because it was running slow and apparently it's required to use music unlimited. It put the time an hour behind. I'm on the right time zone so I'm really confused.

I tried it on my PS3 and it did the same thing. I'm on central time if that matters.

What channel was that? Had BBC3 on for a few hours so havent seen any ads, lol.

AC3 sounds better the more we hear about it. Looking forward to that one. Will probably download it despite it being mainly single player. What can i say... Loving the convenience of digital on Vita.
Channel 4. While Knowing was on.

maverick40

Okay so I decided to set my clock via the Internet because it was running slow and apparently it's required to use music unlimited. It put the time an hour behind. I'm on the right time zone so I'm really confused.

I tried it on my PS3 and it did the same thing. I'm on central time if that matters.

Are you using music unlimited on the vita by any chance?

softie

Daylight Saving on or off? That could be the problem.

You have to turn it on for those countries/areas (blue = turn on):

DaylightSaving-World-Subdivisions.png

MarkusRJR

Are you using music unlimited on the vita by any chance?
I was going to in like a month or two. I wanted to just try the trial but you need a credit card to use it. Sony + credit card info = disaster in the making. If I can use a prepaid credit card, PayPal, or PSN funds to pay it'd be fine but I don't know if I can use either.

softie

I was going to in like a month or two. I wanted to just try the trial but you need a credit card to use it. Sony + credit card info = disaster in the making. If I can use a prepaid credit card, PayPal, or PSN funds to pay it'd be fine but I don't know if I can use either.

You can clear your CC info after the setup, so put it in and after that delete it. Also turn off automatic renewal, so you can pay with your PSN account if you want to renew the subscription. :)

Dokuro is my day 1 title.

Uh. and MHFU is a challenging game, but yeah, you will get used to it.

After 20 hours I got used to the controls and general sluggish way you have to do everything but I never got to the point where I could enjoy the game inspire of them.

The general faster pace and gameplay of GEB makes a huge difference to me. I actually started a new character to get my fix.

The games are pretty different though. GEB is more like a half way house between MH and phantasy star. Prob why I like it so much more.

I'm really craving a phantasy star online style game. But RO isn't even announced for EU (might import at some point) soul sacrifice isn't out till next year, PSP2 isn't on psn and I'm not convinced lord of arcana is any good.

I hate being in a gaming rut like this. Got tons of good games to get through but I'm really craving one particular genre which isn't available to me.

After 20 hours I got used to the controls and general sluggish way you have to do everything but I never got to the point where I could enjoy the game inspire of them.

The general faster pace and gameplay of GEB makes a huge difference to me. I actually started a new character to get my fix.

The games are pretty different though. GEB is more like a half way house between MH and phantasy star. Prob why I like it so much more.

I'm really craving a phantasy star online style game. But RO isn't even announced for EU (might import at some point) soul sacrifice isn't out till next year, PSP2 isn't on psn and I'm not convinced lord of arcana is any good.

I hate being in a gaming rut like this. Got tons of good games to get through but I'm really craving one particular genre which isn't available to me.

PSO2 comes out next year, and if you can deal with the Japanese you can play it on PC right now.

Top of page : buy all vita games. That is all.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Top of page : buy all vita games. That is all.

lol, getting there!

Power Pro Kun dropping in price quite quickly for physical, will probably try it once it gets to 3480 yen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom