• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

spannicus

I don't think anybody in the right mind actually thinks they'll kill the thing off for a while. And I keep forgetting about PS+ coming to Vita. I'm really excited, but I'm also worried that I'll have all of the free games they offer. Still, it will be worth it for the online saves :)

Okay, sounds good. I mean, the screenshots we saw showed that it's not PS3 level graphics, but it still looks fantastic. Burnout Paradise is my favorite racing game ever. This isn't a proper sequel, but it's as close as we're likely to get, so this is easily a day 1 purchase for me. I would love cross-buy, but that's unlikely, so Vita version it is. It's hard for me to play on my consoles now. I like with Vita that I can just sit around wherever in the house and play, and not be confined to my tv room.

You can drive anywhere you want. Every stoplight has an event that you can choose whether you want to do or not. If you don't want to race or anything, you can just drive around beating friends' times on roads, smash billboards and gates, etc. I use to just drive around for hours on Burnout Paradise, and it was a blast.

I think this is the best course of action.

The main thing that has bummed me out is hearing the not-too-positive impressions about the graphics. But they're all comparing it to the PS3 game, so it's a little unfair. As a portable game, as a Vita game, how are the graphics?
As a portable Vita title the Graphics are perfect. The best looking titles to me that were there were PSASBR and When Vikings attack. To me those were the ones that looked ultra crisp and really lit up the vitas screen. Even Guacamelee looked dull in contrast. You won't be dissapointed with NFS I'm sure whatever was not right in the demo would have been fixed in the final copy. Don't expect 360 level graphics and you will be fine.

darkwing

As a portable Vita title the Graphics are perfect. The best looking titles to me that were there were PSASBR and When Vikings attack. To me those were the ones that looked ultra crisp and really lit up the vitas screen. Even Guacamelee looked dull in contrast. You won't be dissapointed with NFS I'm sure whatever was not right in the demo would have been fixed in the final copy. Don't expect 360 level graphics and you will be fine.

yup the PSASBR Vita Beta looked amazing

spannicus

When in the world are Activision and EA gonna advertise these games. Its crazy that the only images of these games are from Vita owners. Piss poor marketing for great handheld games. Its like the games exist but they don't compared to their bigger siblings. Da fuck Sony get on their asses I know I paid more for my Vita than I did for my Xbox. To me that makes it just as important as the big boys.

I'm really blown away by LBP vita. Finally got around to getting a copy, and I absolutely love the story. So torn between NLKS, LBP Vita, and RCR. I can't wait for Ragnarok Odyssey and some other digital only titles.. although I really can't wait for Sine Mora - I want some shmups on my Vita~

So.. that Compile Heart game, Monster Monpiece, wasn't it supposed to be in the upcoming Famitsu? I'm dying for some more possible Vita news, especially awesomely niche Japanese games.

I hope we get info on how big the download size for AC3:L will be. Don't want to be stuck without extra space, ick.

Any word on if we are getting the demo for Ragnarok ?
I think they said they're "looking into getting a demo out" or something similar. So... still not sure if we're getting it or not.

So.. that Compile Heart game, Monster Monpiece, wasn't it supposed to be in the upcoming Famitsu? I'm dying for some more possible Vita news, especially awesomely niche Japanese games.
you can look at the boobs on the site in the time being while we wait for info

you can look at the boobs on the site in the time being while we wait for info

Lmao, already doing that at least once a day.

Monster Monpiece wasn't on my radar before but now it is.

I really hope it's a goofy, niche game for Vita. I just have a hunch they'll go Vita because it's a perfect system for their type of games. That one Atelier game is getting an enhanced Vita port, so we're already seeing their type of games trickle over right? :)

Edit: LOL, we should start posting it at least once per page, start bugging the guys at Compile Heart to make sure it hits Vita.

Takao

Banned
i6zCW.png

I really hope it's a goofy, niche game for Vita. I just have a hunch they'll go Vita because it's a perfect system for their type of games. That one Atelier game is getting an enhanced Vita port, so we're already seeing their type of games trickle over right? :)

Edit: LOL, we should start posting it at least once per page, start bugging the guys at Compile Heart to make sure it hits Vita.
I dunno if you know or not, but it's very likely coming to Vita. :p From the bottom of the website:

vita.gif

Interesting question:

How does it compare to the iOS version visually and gameplay wise?

:0)

I'm curious if that version is open world, like the Vita version

lepo

That's a great video. Still appears to have very little traffic though.

Anyway, to use a worn-out meme, it eases all of my concerns.

It would be great to experience it in first person just to see how much we lost in the transition from ps3

Noi

No?

I still had a mission from the Army DLC pack which disappeared from the map once I had moved onto another chapter in the main game.

Wuh? You should be able to do any DLC mission at any point in the game once you've reached the chapter where they're unlocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom