• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takao

Banned
ahhh completely forgot about that one hmmmmm Do you think that will be simpler than Ys? Ive only played oath in felghana and it was not dependent on dialogue at all

also, thanks everyone for clearing up the wipeout thing,

I haven't played Ys IV so I don't know the text amount. I wouldn't suggest Kiseki though, since those games are notoriously long winded in terms of sheer amount of text, haha.

I'd suggest a children's game actually since they're supposedly easier to grasp. I'm buying LBX W and hoping to actually learn some Japanese.

Just watched the trailer for the game and they put small hiragana above the kanji in the commercial, do you know if they do that in the game as well?

It's a great game and you should get it if you are interested in the genre at all. Plus, it's Studio Liverpool Swan Song. Bonus points, free dlc if you have Wipeout HD/Fury.

Buying tomorrow thanks

Marz

The have been improved but are very noticeable. Reloading an event is fast < 5s but loading it for the first time is somewhere between 15s and 30s (or that's how I remember them at least).

Yikes. Was there ever any explanation given for the outrageous load times?

Toki767

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
On cart based media? Nah should be like 5-10 max.
I don't know why you think carts are made of magic pixies dust, but sd cards have transfer speeds of between 6 to 20 MB per second. In comparison, a 4x blu ray drive reads at 18 MB per second.

On cart based media? Nah should be like 5-10 max.
The time when games occupied just a few MB on the cart is long past. As games grow in size so does the need to compress and decompress data to fit storage medium. Just because it's not optical medium it doesn't mean the same limitations dont apply.

What is so outrageous? 15 to 30 second load tines for new tracks seem pretty reasonable to me.

Odly the HD and Fury lvls load up really fast.

The load times used to be terrible but then they patched the game and they improved. They are prob about 30 secs, never really bothered me though because the reloads are very fast and I did that a fair bit as I wanted to elite everything.

HD and Fury lvls are 10 - 1 secs maybe?

Hello Vita GAF,

I don't give a rat's ass about Resident Evil on the Vita.
I say, let's start a petition to bring this game to the Vita, so GAF, what do you say?

screen.jpg

Twinduct

oooo didn't see that PS3 store is changing this week! Wonder what's the chances of a Vita store changing aswell. I mean the vita store was modelled after the current store's 'look & feel'.

Btw the lack of RCR discussion in here is worrying. Not out in EU but I imagine it's God tier right?

I kinda want Dynasty Warrior's Next after playing the demo. What is the read on this? o:

Lol I bought it. I've enjoyed it. Sadly there is nothing more than just attacking, getting that loot, using shoddy touch minigames (FUCK YOU 1-on-1). I kinda hoped there was something like kingdoms mode in.
But it's best DW on-the-go and it's filled to the brim with content.

Would say buy if you A) Like the gametype enough to understand that repetition is a given & B) Not pay full price, since I'm sure there will be a new version next year.

Takao

Banned
oooo didn't see that PS3 store is changing this week! Wonder what's the chances of a Vita store changing aswell. I mean the vita store was modelled after the current store's 'look & feel'.

None. The Mobile store front is very similar to Vita's, and given that was launched just recently I doubt it's getting a major make over.

Twinduct

None. The Mobile store front is very similar to Vita's, and given that was launched just recently I doubt it's getting a major make over.

Mobile store ain't at my region yet :<
Oh well, lets hope that some of the functionality gets ported eventually. (Assuming there is some 'download list' advancement).

Toki767

I kinda want Dynasty Warrior's Next after playing the demo. What is the read on this? o:

It very much scratched my Dynasty Warriors itch. That said, I haven't played a DW game since the 2nd or 3rd one so I probably didn't get tired out on the game as quickly as others might.

I dislike the touchscreen boss encounters though. I don't hate them, but they're more of a hassle to do than anything.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Yeah but how are we gonna accomplish this? I really need a management game like this on my Vita and no, Little King's Story did not lessen my hunger. Once there was a kind of management game heading to the PSP as a mini but it never got released.

I thought it was this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3Pe7QZvdMc
The closest thing we could have at the moment i think it's the building part of samurai & dragons
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wkK5yO84tE

But it hasn't got any trains.

I like trains.

Although I also like the suggestion above about Might & Magic Clash of Heroes. I really liked it n the PS3 but would love to have it on the Vita.

Might-and-Magic-Clash-of-Heroes_2010_03-11-10_04.jpg
Please don't show me that abomination, might & magic for me is only this
mandm6.jpg

and this
herochron_790screen003.jpg

These are the might & magic i want for vita, not clash of heroes.

softie

So if I do this nothing will get charged to the credit card and I can pay using my PSN wallet? I don't see the option in the store so it must be in the app itself?

Oh and ignore any typos if you can. I typed this all on my Vita and this touch screen is way too sensitive and there's like zero autocorrect. :p

Yeah your CC won't get charged. To erase your CC info from PSN on a Vita system:

- go into the PS Store
- Transaction Management
- Billing Info
- Here you can erase it

To disable automatic renewal:

- go into the PS Store
- Transaction Management
- Automatic charging

Then you're good to go for the Music Unlimited 60 day trial. :)

How is the PSOne version holding up. Nice to have on the Vita? The PSOne of Simcity 2000 is not so hot?

Controls are awful of course but serviceable. My wife played it the most and got through a couple of levels before quitting it. Also, it's only 320x240. I guess it depend's on how desperate you are :p. For $6 it was a nice distraction.

I haven't played SC.

kairosoft why u no port game dev story to psmobile

maybe once its open to everyone in november they will. fingers crossed.

Be interesting to see what gets released on there this week. Should be weekly updates from now on.

Civ Rev would be nice at somepoint as well.

Hell some of gamelofts games could be good with the vitas controls. I bet the fps's would sell well for some online action.

Jawmuncher

maybe once its open to everyone in november they will. fingers crossed.

Be interesting to see what gets released on there this week. Should be weekly updates from now on.

Civ Rev would be nice at somepoint as well.

Hell some of gamelofts games could be good with the vitas controls. I bet the fps's would sell well for some online action.

Id be game for a lot of gameloft stuff to be honest with actual controls.

Id be game for a lot of gameloft stuff to be honest with actual controls.

yup. While the single player stories would still be trash the online would be great fun with the vitas controls. Modern combat 3 was surprisingly fluid and lag free when I played it. The only things that ruined it were my iphones small screen, bad battery and bad controls. Vita fixes all of these. Also the whole buying kill streaks thing was to stupid but what ever. NOVA 3 online would prob be pretty fun as well....

PSM has so much damn potential I really hope sony put the effort in for it.

Also the zenonia games could be reasonable on it along with settlers, sim city and all kinds of other games.

yup. While the single player stories would still be trash the online would be great fun with the vitas controls. Modern combat 3 was surprisingly fluid and lag free when I played it. The only things that ruined it were my iphones small screen, bad battery and bad controls. Vita fixes all of these. Also the whole buying kill streaks thing was to stupid but what ever. NOVA 3 online would prob be pretty fun as well....

PSM has so much damn potential I really hope sony put the effort in for it.

Also the zenonia games could be reasonable on it along with settlers, sim city and all kinds of other games.

Pretty much everything Gameloft and Gamevil makes would work great. The question is, how easy is it to port...

edit: Top of page. Please check out my channel on YouTube! Also buy all the games.

These are the might & magic i want for vita, not clash of heroes.

Why didn't you like Clash of Heroes? (out of interest)
I thought it had too much loading, it got me out of the flow.
Maybe the writing and voice acting was pretty bad and yeah, maybe the gameplay was unnecessarily complex or unhandy.

Maybe the writing and voice acting was pretty bad and yeah, maybe the gameplay was unnecessarily complex or unhandy.

Because Clash of Heroes isn't a traditional Might and Magic game, it was a spinoff.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood

Lack of "might" and "magic" of the flagship series' best games apart(charisma, complexity, contents, attention to details etc), i simply don't like it, i tried the demo but nothing, and where are all the creatures of might & magic's worlds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom