• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takao

Banned
Nice, how about a black background for contrast and further the chalkboard idea?

BW805.png

VanWinkle

Oh man, hadn't seen this yet. Thanks for posting. Looks great, except it doesn't seem to have deformation models :( Not a deal-breaker by any means, but disappointing.

That's a great video. Still appears to have very little traffic though.

Anyway, to use a worn-out meme, it eases all of my concerns.

I hadn't even noticed, but watching it again, you're completely right. Very very little traffic. That's disappointing. I wish we knew exactly what they scaled back on from the console versions.

Maybe you were locked out of a specific area because of where you were in the story?

Otherwise, it's a pretty common thing to beat the game before attacking the DLC...

But even after beating the game the dlc mission didn't reappear. Trust me, I was disappointed myself.

lepo

Oh man, hadn't seen this yet. Thanks for posting. Looks great, except it doesn't seem to have deformation models :( Not a deal-breaker by any means, but disappointing.

I hadn't even noticed, but watching it again, you're completely right. Very very little traffic. That's disappointing. I wish we knew exactly what they scaled back on from the console versions.

at 2.37 ,when the camera zooms in, I can see some damage on the back of the car but again, it's hard to tell from this videos

Skyzard

Banned
at 2.37 ,when the camera zooms in, I can see some damage on the back of the car but again, it's hard to tell from this videos

There was a impressions post that was quite detailed that mentioned the vita had damage models...I posted it earlier...just watching that video now, was about to post just saw it myself!

wow...yeah hardly any damage...maybe some mod for ultra tough chassis lol? .. I mean there are a lot of dents. Just looks like small cosmetic damage.

GNcPp.jpg

There was more on the sides and front too but didn't get too many glimpses of those.

Carl

Yeah very disappointing indeed. Not enough to make me avoid the game though (i think :p)

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
But even after beating the game the dlc mission didn't reappear. Trust me, I was disappointed myself.

The only thing I could suggest there is to delete the DLC data, and re-download. Don't even see a mention online of DLC missions disappearing...

VanWinkle

There was a impressions post that was quite detailed that mentioned the vita had damage models...I posted it earlier...just watching that video now, was about to post just saw it myself!

wow...yeah hardly any damage...maybe some mod for ultra tough chassis lol? .. I mean there are a lot of dents. Just looks like small cosmetic damage.

GNcPp.jpg

There was more on the sides and front too but didn't get too many glimpses of those.

Okay, yeah, you're right. It's very little deformation, though, especially when compared to all the Burnout games (even the first) and the console Criterion-made NFS games. Again, not a deal breaker by any means. Just a little disappointing.

Skyzard

Banned
Okay, yeah, you're right. It's very little deformation, though, especially when compared to all the Burnout games (even the first) and the console Criterion-made NFS games. Again, not a deal breaker by any means. Just a little disappointing.

I know what you mean..but let's not judge completely from this short video. Like Carl says as well there do seem to be fewer vehicles but it should be ok.

I did read that the crash detail is less in the vita version...but all I saw were sparks in that video..nothing came off..so I'm hoping it was just due to the crash circumstances.. let's see..:p fingers crossed. Looks pretty great otherwise tbh..cannot wait!

Btw that guy who uploaded the NFS Most Wanted footage also has some nice vita AC footage too (7 minutes of swamps..reminds me a bit of MGS3):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xxCJHhsRGo

Now that is awesome. Can't wait to see the OT. I really want to get the game but... it's right in the middle of so many releases, I dunno what I can throw my money at. I really want to get NFS: MW on Vita but I'm worried it'll be too toned down for the Vita.. The lack of any official footage has me worried they don't have confidence in the Vita build. I'm definitely getting RO though, maybe AC: L later in November.

darkwing

someone said in race mode, there is reduced traffic in all versions

Quick question: looking to upgrade from 16GB card to 32. Amazon has them for 80 bucks. Have they been on sale for better prices recently or are there any rumors of price drops on memory, or should I go ahead and order?

2 questions vita gaf

- Can anyone comment on the Wipeout load times.. I really want this game, but I am the most impatient person ever, I heard when it was released the loads were terrible so I never bought it, have the loading times been fixed/improved at all?

-Second question, I really want to order a Jpn vita game to help improve my reading. Does anyone have any suggestions, right now I am leaning towards Ys celceta, tales of innocence r, or zero no kiseki evo... thoughts? Which would be the simplest to understand?

- Can anyone comment on the Wipeout load times.. I really want this game, but I am the most impatient person ever, I heard when it was released the loads were terrible so I never bought it, have the loading times been fixed/improved at all?

The have been improved but are very noticeable. Reloading an event is fast < 5s but loading it for the first time is somewhere between 15s and 30s (or that's how I remember them at least).

B.O.O.M

By any chance does anyone know how big Ragnarok download size might be?

edit: and since it's the top of the page..."buy Mutant Blob Attack and Velocity"..this message is brought to you by Carl :p

yurinka

2 questions vita gaf

They improved the loading times both for the final version of the game and twice with post release patches.

Takao

Banned
2 questions vita gaf

-Second question, I really want to order a Jpn vita game to help improve my reading. Does anyone have any suggestions, right now I am leaning towards Ys celceta, tales of innocence r, or zero no kiseki evo... thoughts? Which would be the simplest to understand?

I'd suggest a children's game actually since they're supposedly easier to grasp. I'm buying LBX W and hoping to actually learn some Japanese.

MarkusRJR

Wait is Vita region free? If so what're some wacky Japanese-only games that're easy to understand for someone that doesn't understand Japanese? Any fun rhythm games?

I'd suggest a children's game actually since they're supposedly easier to grasp. I'm buying LBX W and hoping to actually learn some Japanese.

-ahhh completely forgot about that one hmmmmm Do you think that will be simpler than Ys? Ive only played oath in felghana and it was not dependent on dialogue at all

--also, thanks everyone for clearing up the wipeout thing,

Wait is Vita region free? If so what're some wacky Japanese-only games that're easy to understand for someone that doesn't understand Japanese? Any fun rhythm games?

Hatsune Miku Project Diva F, god tier music game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom