• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris_C

For some reason PSN won't accept me adding funds to my wallet (via a PSN card it correctly identifies as a $50 card). It throws up the message:

Could not add funds to the wallet. (NP-8132-4)

A search on Sony's knowledge base throws up nothing with that error code. Anyone know what the deal is?

darkwing

For some reason PSN won't accept me adding funds to my wallet (via a PSN card it correctly identifies as a $50 card). It throws up the message:

A search on Sony's knowledge base throws up nothing with that error code. Anyone know what the deal is?

just try it later, maybe some part of the store is having a maintenance

MarkusRJR

What're some fun good minis? I nearly have a page of them and I want to just get a full page as there probably is not going to be many more.

Also, does anyone know if Wizorb can be transferred to the Vita via the PS3?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso

I had an error adding funds to the Wallet via Vita that lasted what seemed to be over a week. I then started adding funds through Media GO, and now, through the PS3.

One of those methods should work for you, hopefully!

What're some fun good minis? I nearly have a page of them and I want to just get a full page as there probably is not going to be many more.

I have Flying Hamster, and Wackylands Boss. Would recommend both.

Have been interested in "Who'se That Flying?", it seems to have a lot of personality.

SNK offers a wide selection of Minis, and many of them don't seem to be available on modern consoles in any other way. As long as you're fine with the Mini-imposed single player only limit (even though many of these games used to be 2p), then give any that interest you a try!

Breakquest: Extra Evolution also comes out this week. Don't know much about it personally, but guess it's worth paying attention to...

Sid

yup. While the single player stories would still be trash the online would be great fun with the vitas controls. Modern combat 3 was surprisingly fluid and lag free when I played it. The only things that ruined it were my iphones small screen, bad battery and bad controls. Vita fixes all of these. Also the whole buying kill streaks thing was to stupid but what ever. NOVA 3 online would prob be pretty fun as well....

PSM has so much damn potential I really hope sony put the effort in for it.

Also the zenonia games could be reasonable on it along with settlers, sim city and all kinds of other games.
Shadow guardian too but i don't think sony cares.....

The higher profile, higher demanding 3D graphics titles on iOS / Android can't be ported as easily to PSM yet, as PSM is basically a virtual machine, and 3D performance in there isn't good enough for that kind of thing I think, nor would it work with the PSM RAM limitations currently set (to 90MB I believe).

Such titles should just be ported to a native release, I think, or Sony needs to find a more efficient way to run PSM with high-performance stuff.

MarkusRJR

I just purchased $150 in PSP games for my Vita. I think I've decided to make my Vita my main gaming console. Be prepared for more really annoying posts by me, VitaGAF.

Shinriji

- Where is my Heart?
- Prehistoric Isle
- Floating God saves the Pilgrim
- Hungry Giraffe

Shadow guardian too but i don't think sony cares.....

Shadow guardian was terrible though. It makes uncharted's climbing look complex lol. I literally couldnt finish that game. There was just no challange or puzzle solving without a huge arrow telling you where to go. you couldn't even fall off if you messed up I dont think.

I have been slowly going through tomb raider anniversary and I kinda wish uncharted had its kind of focus on climbing and puzzle solving. I really liked uncharted GA but forgot how much better the climbing was in TR - Anniversary.

However from what I have seen of the new TR I think its going in a more Uncharted route but I could be wrong.

I just purchased $150 in PSP games for my Vita. I think I've decided to make my Vita my main gaming console. Be prepared for more really annoying posts by me, VitaGAF.

Was God Eater one of them? ;)

I sunk nearly 60 hours into it and still haven't finished it :)

Sid

Shadow guardian was terrible though. It makes uncharted's climbing look complex lol. I literally couldnt finish that game. There was just no challange or puzzle solving without a huge arrow telling you where to go. you couldn't even fall off if you messed up I dont think.

I have been slowly going through tomb raider anniversary and I kinda wish uncharted had its kind of focus on climbing and puzzle solving. I really liked uncharted GA but forgot how much better the climbing was in TR - Anniversary.

However from what I have seen of the new TR I think its going in a more Uncharted route but I could be wrong.
I just played the demo,i thought it was ok not uncharted awesome but it will be decent enough with good controls.

tusken77

Just had a peek in that 'Vita Christmas' thread. Yep. As expected, it's pretty ridiculous in there. lol

Anyway, really pleased to see we finally have some decent gameplay footage of NFS: Most Wanted from NYCC. Over three minutes of solid driving. Looking good!

I just played the demo,i thought it was ok not uncharted awesome but it will be decent enough with good controls.

I thought the same after the demo. physical controls really are the least of that games worries. Its just a terrible terrible game.

There shooters would be fine though.

MarkusRJR

Was God Eater one of them? ;)

I sunk nearly 60 hours into it and still haven't finished it :)
I already own that game from when I had a PSP Go. I bought it on day one. It's probably my favorite MH clone and if remember correctly it controls better. And that intro is so fucking good I sometimes turn the game on just to watch it. Hopefully the Vita sequel gets localized.

I mainly bought a bunch of JRPGs along with Locoroco 1/2 and Patapon 1/2 (why the hell is 3 unavailable to buy). Oh and I bought Kencho Bancho cause it was cheap and looked fun. I bought a bunch of games like ZHP and Cladun which I never heard of too. I googled them and they lookes cool so I thought what the hell. Please tell me they aren't complete shit. I feel sorry for my 32gb card, it'll probably be full after this. I don't even use my memory card for Vita games as I buy them all in retail.

I was going to also buy Half Minute Hero but the demo was so hard and confusing that I didn't want to risk it.

Ponn

Banned
I just figured out how to stimulate sales of Vita and memory cards. Prefill half of the memory cards with Hatsune Miku hentai! Off to tweet that to YOSP.

Maedhros

Lack of "might" and "magic" of the flagship series' best games apart(charisma, complexity, contents, attention to details etc), i simply don't like it, i tried the demo but nothing, and where are all the creatures of might & magic's worlds?

Nah, it's much bettter than Might and Magic anyway. :D

But I agree, there was no need for them to call it Might and Magic anyway. The game would still be great in the end.

The other day I found myself without a phone, and as I have a 3G Vita and use Skype with SkypeOut for work, and I had it with me, I thought I'd try to make a phonecall with it. And sure enough, it worked! My wife didn't even hear a difference ...

I haven't used SkypeIn, mind, so you could also receive phonecalls, but you can receive sms messages (they arrive in operator messages).

This thing is getting ever more useful. Just needs a half-decent text-chat solution now - really hoping that they can add it to Skype somehow, but we'll see. If they do, they may want to integrate incoming messages into the notifications section in some nice way, with an opt-in/out option in the settings, not sure how they'd do that efficiently and I bet if it's coming, they're not sure yet either. ;)

Anyway, very cool that I can, in fact, use my Vita as a phone quite decently.

sajj316

Are there any good platformers for Vita (including PS1 abd PSP games)? I already own Rayman Origins, LBP Vita and LBP PSP.

PSOne - Klonoa and Tomba!
PSP - Daxter, Megaman Maverick Hunter X, Ultimate Ghosts n' Goblins (if you want punishment). Prinny and Prinny 2 as well if you want a challenge
Vita - Tales from Space Mutant Blob, Gravity Rush

kerrak

You should check pspminis.com
There is a review for absolutely every mini published.

Foshy

Are there any good platformers for Vita (including PS1 abd PSP games)? I already own Rayman Origins, LBP Vita and LBP PSP.
Definitely get Sound Shapes and Mutant Blobs Attack, 2 of the best Vita games imo. As for PS1 games there's Tomba!, Rayman 1 & 2 and Crash Bandicoot 1, 2 and 3.

FinalD

Can't remember the code, but I once had an error like that because I already had too much funds in my wallet. I think there's a maximum of 100/150 euro/dollar or something. (Bought some 50 euro cards for 30 euro a piece and wanted to add them all at once, but couldn't until I spent some first.)

I'm having trouble with loading videos from my PC to my vita any help?
I have content manager set up and it loads everything else fine, just not vids.
Do they need to be in a specific format or something? All videos are AVI files.
Or can you only load vids taken from the psn store or something?

kuroshiki

Where is dokuro OT and is dokuro on US PSN yet?

If your videos are h.264 codec it should play it just fine. If they are either divx, xvid, or forsaken intel video codec, then may god help you.

But just to make sure change the extension to .mp4 from .avi and try again.

you basically have to convert them into a compatible MP4 format to work.

Pretty much everything Gameloft and Gamevil makes would work great. The question is, how easy is it to port...

I can't imagine it would be that hard for Gameloft. Most of their games are already ported to the Xperia Play, and the controls there are optimized for combining buttons (including shoulder buttons) with touchscreen stuff. MC3, in particular, works really well, and I'm not usually a fan of military FPS games. Hopefully they're just waiting for trophy support to be added...or maybe there's some argument about having Gameloft Live included in their games on PSM?

If your videos are h.264 codec it should play it just fine. If they are either divx, xvid, or forsaken intel video codec, then may god help you.

But just to make sure change the extension to .mp4 from .avi and try again.

you basically have to convert them into a compatible MP4 format to work.

Converting now will post results, thanks!

Also

Cave canceled their Vita games though.

Did they quietly push back Jet Set Radio? Didn't see it on The Drop on playstation blog

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom