• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuchaShaq

Banned
So I just rebooted my vita and have to download the newest update which is 102 mb, but I'm downloading SO SLOW, estimated time right now is 561 minutes. I do not understand it at all, my internet is having no problems.

Have tried wired/unwired on my ps3, and multiple homes/routers/isps/ports forwarded/other random "solutions" and have NEVER had psn on the ps3 or the vita not download slower than any other internet device I've owned since dial up.

It's insanity.

MisterC20XX

So I just rebooted my vita and have to download the newest update which is 102 mb, but I'm downloading SO SLOW, estimated time right now is 561 minutes. I do not understand it at all, my internet is having no problems.

I went and opened up the ports suggested for psn and nada. I hope it's just the update and not when I go download something I've bought off the PSN store too. When I went to download the content media manager thing from Sony I was also getting 1-5kb download from it to through my computer.

Never had this problem before.

I just tried to download some PASBR videos and it's just sitting there doing nothing.

I also just noticed when I go to playstation.com or www.playstation.com it forwards to the Japanese site. Anyone else getting that? I don't recall this being the norm since I'm using bookmarked links.

Somnia

Guess I lied it won't connect to XBOX Live either. My 3DS is connecting fine and my phone seems to be doing ok. No idea what is going on with my wireless.

Been just playing psone stuff on my Vita recently.

Turning off the wifi has (I guess obviously) great improved my battery life.

Somnia

Does the wifi still cut off when you play a game that doesn't use it?

All the games I own are digital so I can't tell you that right now, I'm on a fresh system and need to update before I can download them =/

regarding the xbox, it just wont connect at all right now.

Afrikan

I usually have my wifi off all the time... in fact I also have my non 3G Vita in Flight Mode...even though I don't know what having it in Flight mode helps, if its a WifI Only Vita.

but I just wish there was an easier way to turn wifi on and off....maybe have in when you hold down the Home Button... I don't know.. I just hate going to settings then into network and bla bla.

Foxix Von

Does anyone think AC Liberation might be a good jumping in point for the series? I tried AC1 and loathed it to my very core. I think I tried ACII a while back and I still found it to have the same terrible combat and it left the same rancid flavor on my palette that the first game did. I keep hearing good things about the series though and I'm willing to give it another shot as long as it's being made by a developer other than UBI Montreal.

Words cannot describe how much I hate every game that studio puts out.

Razorskin

----- ------
Does anyone think AC Liberation might be a good jumping in point for the series? I tried AC1 and loathed it to my very core. I keep hearing good things about the series though and I'm willing to give it another shot as long as it's being made by a developer other than UBI Montreal.

what

WHAT

You hate good games?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Does anyone think AC Liberation might be a good jumping in point for the series? I tried AC1 and loathed it to my very core. I keep hearing good things about the series though and I'm willing to give it another shot as long as it's being made by a developer other than UBI Montreal.

You sound very irrational, so recommending something would be a coin toss.

apparently Klonoa snuck onto the EU PSN because I heard no word of it suddenly appearing till tonight.

Downloaded it all bubbled up, but the Vita sees Nada when I try to transfer from PS3 : ( - did the new update nix the PSone workaround?

Foxix Von

what

WHAT

You hate good games?

What, I'm picky? I'm willing to try more of their games but so far I'm finding I just don't like that particular studios' output. AC1, AC2, Prince of Persia, Splinter Cell Conviction. I couldn't stand any of them. I just found them profoundly vapid in terms of design.
You sound very irrational, so recommending something would be a coin toss.

I don't know if I'd call myself irrational. I liked the themes and concepts present in Assassin's Creed I just found the execution to be very lacking. I've had that same opinion of all UBI Montreal games that I've played up until this point so I'm a bit wary. However I am interested in seeing what the series could be like if another group was developing it. ACL is basically just that so I'm curious about it.

MisterC20XX

apparently Klonoa snuck onto the EU PSN because I heard no word of it suddenly appearing till tonight.

Downloaded it all bubbled up, but the Vita sees Nada when I try to transfer from PS3 : ( - did the new update nix the PSone workaround?

Hmmm, mine works great but I downloaded it from the PSN store on my Vita.

spannicus

Do you guys think Sony has intentions on discontinuing the Vita or bundling it with the Ps4 as the Wii U does. Their tactics worry me about how they treat the system especially when they promote new PSP bundles.

Foxix Von

Do you guys think Sony has intentions on discontinuing the Vita or bundling it with the Ps4 as the Wii U does. Their tactics worry me about how they treat the system especially when they promote new PSP bundles.

The cost of bundling the Vita with the PS4 would be prohibitive, especially if the point is to compete with the Wii U.

It would also be unwise for them to discontinue it any time soon rather than just divert more resources into a better ad campaign. The system already has great games, they're just doing a terrible job of promoting them. I was pretty dead set against ever buying a vita until I was able to snag one on the cheap and then it turned out I actually might like it more than my 3DS. I think there is plenty of potential in the system to at least be marginally profitable. There really isn't a good reason for them to give up the ghost so soon.

So, no! I'm not worried at all actually. 8D

spannicus

The cost of bundling the Vita with the PS4 would be prohibitive, especially if the point is to compete with the Wii U.

It would also be unwise for them to discontinue it any time soon rather than just divert more resources into a better ad campaign. The system already has great games, they're just doing a terrible job of promoting them. I was pretty dead set against ever buying a vita until I was able to snag one on the cheap and then it turned out I actually might like it more than my 3DS. I think there is plenty of potential in the system to at least be marginally profitable. There really isn't a good reason for them to give up the ghost so soon.

I hope after firing their prior team they market the Vita better. After breaking street dates on games and other talk about their recent actions it just makes me wonder what's going on internally. It also baffles me that they released the new slim at the price they did. I understand they weren't making money on the PS3 but that price isn't gonna be attractive this holiday season. I'm sure the Vita will get a new model as well.

Skyzard

Banned
I would have thought loads more of you would get LBP guys what's going on...is it only MisterC20XX waiting on the digital? I only see a few of you playing on the live feed and most of that is carl! Definitely one to pick up guys...it's like the endless game with these community levels...never know what you'll play. Downloaded a whole bunch of community levels and played them on the ride to the airport...just...ideal.

zroid

Banned
I would have thought loads more of you would get LBP guys what's going on...is it only MisterC20XX waiting on the digital? I only see a few of you playing on the live feed and most of that is carl! Definitely one to pick up guys...it's like the endless game with these community levels...never know what you'll play. Downloaded a whole bunch of community levels and played them on the ride to the airport...just...ideal.

1.5 more days, man! D:

spannicus

Was a new PSP bundle recently announced?

TGS they announced a few. I'm sure in NA its not really a big deal but most of the Vita games they are getting are also PsP versions. What's enticing gamers to switch from PSP other than a slight graphics upgrade. Just a comparison but you hear nothing about the original DS since the 3DS is around. I am sure it still sells but new bundles and the same games are not releasing onto the system. Just a comparison to its competition not starting a console war.

Skyzard

Banned
1.5 more days, man! D:

Ah yes, good to hear it, will be so good. Some really awesome creators already getting to work - some levels are so fun I just keep replaying them, always nice to check out their updates too...no regrets on the full-price whatsoever here. And those mini-games are surprisingly fun.

Kickz

Anyone know if I buy Fifa 13 on PS3 do we get it free on the Vita?? I know Sony saying we can do this for some PS3/Vita ports just not sure if Fifa is on the list...

MisterC20XX

1.5 more days, man! D:

We need to have an "official launch day" party on the 25th! :-D

MrMephistoX

I was considering selling mine until PSone functionality hit and I started picking up more PSP games. Even if dedicated software is dead in the water I'll still enjoy the system provided cross play and cross buy become more prominent.

Noi

You don't have the right people on your friend list. :)

Skyzard

Banned
I hope Transformed is going to look amazing on the Vita. That's one of the main reasons I want it. The environments look great on console.

Fixed ;) Still not even a screenshot of that game on vita :/ Really hoping they do a good job.

We need to have an "official launch day" party on the 25th! :-D

I'll be happy to jump in and lag behind you guys from the UK. I don't care though the game is ridiculously fun in MP - so many good interactions. Co-oping a level, even with a stranger (especially when they're quite good) is different experience.

Noi said:
You don't have the right people on your friend list. :)

Mind if I shoot you a friend request? Will send you one, my psn is like y_s

Noi

Mind if I shoot you a friend request? Will send you one, my psn is like y_s

Wouldn't have made the comment otherwise! I've had to go back and manage my list though, I didn't even know I was at the 100 limit until I added TGH.

Somnia

Well I now know it's 100% my wireless connection and I have no idea what to do. My wired connection is stable and strong, but I can't connect to download anything on my vita or connect to my 360 with my wireless. The vita connects and lets me surf the web and goto the store, but I can't download anything. The 360 wont even connect. My phone connects, but sometimes it lags up for a few seconds and then goes again.

I've tried powering down everything, release/renew my ip, flush my dns, etc. I'm at a loss here.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
What the fuck? Why do PS1 games cut off at the top? This is some inexcusable bullshit... Where can I get my money back?

Skyzard

Banned
^They do? Even on "original" zoom setting?

Wouldn't have made the comment otherwise! I've had to go back and manage my list though, I didn't even know I was at the 100 limit until I added TGH.

Awesome, I sent one over. Bit sucky it's limited to a 100...I can see that filling up pretty soon, especially with more of these mp games coming out. Would be nice to leave notes on the people in the friendslist too so I wouldn't forget who people are!

Well I now know it's 100% my wireless connection and I have no idea what to do. My wired connection is stable and strong, but I can't connect to download anything on my vita or connect to my 360 with my wireless. The vita connects and lets me surf the web and goto the store, but I can't download anything. The 360 wont even connect. My phone connects, but sometimes it lags up for a few seconds and then goes again.

I've tried powering down everything, release/renew my ip, flush my dns, etc. I'm at a loss here.

Have you tried changing the wifi channel? You didn't add a proxy for your vita netflix did you?

spannicus

Trying to find a Vita screenshot of many multiplatform releases is a job for Indiana Jones. All Stars Transformed hopefully will be a console port. Spy hunter was a lost opportunity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom