• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl

Some new screenshots of "Chronovolt" which is coming soon. Made by Playerthree who made the Loot the Land PSMobile game

579140_374607152615213_1669839011_n.jpg

550801_374607025948559_330807426_n.jpg

Looks like a cool little game.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
You really didn't notice how bad the resolution was when you panned the camera around in Gravity Rush and her face was a few blurred beige pixels? Lucky.

Like this?
Gravity-Rush-12.jpg

This is the result of the particular cel shading technique they used that removes the details of far objects leaving only a wide outline. Eyes, nose etc would be visible with a normal render at the same resolution, infact

2012-09-09-065446+-+Copy.jpg

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
You really didn't notice how bad the resolution was when you panned the camera around in Gravity Rush and her face was a few blurred beige pixels? Lucky.

This kind of thing also fit the style pretty well. When an actual artist draws distanced characters, they often times "fudge" the details, unless they're drawing something like scaled-down vectors.

The lack of Native Res in G.Rush didn't bother me; It wasn't so bad to look anything like playing a Wii game on an HD TV; I still think it's one of the more graphically impressive overall gaming experience I've had on a handheld.

Kyon

Banned
You guys find the strangest things to argue about.

arguing about TOUCH CONTROLS, PATCHES not being in games when you download them and UPDATES. Only the vile gaming side could ever achieve such hilarious complaints. next thing you know

"WHY DO WE GAMEPLAY? IT TAKES AWAY FROM THE IMMERSION" nonsense bs from the same PRESSED individuals.

Ninja gaiden is native res - it looks noticeably clearer than uncharted
Ninja Gaiden looks "clearer", yes... but that doesn't mean it looks "better". Personally, I find myself thinking that NGS+ environments look clinical, hard-edged and manufactured, where the world of UC:GA seems much more natural and realistic to me, and draws me in far more convincingly...

arguing about TOUCH CONTROLS, PATCHES not being in games when you download them and UPDATES. Only the vile gaming side could ever achieve such hilarious complaints. next thing you know

"WHY DO WE GAMEPLAY? IT TAKES AWAY FROM THE IMMERSION" nonsense bs from the same PRESSED individuals.

If your cruising that much you should pop in the gay thread ;p

Sid

Hopefully Bend will push to get native on the new game ..

Bend should switch between Syphon Filter and Uncharted
You know that will never happen since an uncharted game will sell WAY more but i hope they manage to make their next game look clean.

The trigger might be caused by the right side of your Vita being screwed on too tight. If it squeaks when you press it, that's a sign.

How much looser is your right analog stick?

Not loose enough to be a problem, but loose enough to be annoying for an ocd, and the right trigger I think is not clicky, but more dull to push in compared to the left, more of a mush than a push haha, tough to describe.

Hopefully Bend will push to get native on the new game ..

Bend should switch between Syphon Filter and Uncharted

Actually, now that ND seems to be moving away from Uncharted I'd love if Bend took over the franchise, delivered two more portable titles then let the franchise rest.

Unless they introduce some new characters or go the user created character way I don't think the franchise has much more mileage.

Although a Chibi Drake 2D platformer might do wonders in Japan!

Carl

Actually, now that ND seems to be moving away from Uncharted I'd love if Bend took over the franchise, delivered two more portable titles then let the franchise rest.

Unless they introduce some new characters or go the user created character way I don't think the franchise has much more mileage.

No they aren't. Where did you get that idea? They have a team making TLOU and a team making Uncharted.

Sid

ND is not moving away from uncharted.

Carl

Just seen the UK advert for Assassin's Creed 3 PS3 and Liberation. Short but sweet. Good to see it getting advertised.

Roubjon

Sorry to sidetrack, but does anyone else's Vita have a less click or dulled right trigger button compared to their left? Also my right thumb stick is loose compared to the left as well.

Launch Vita and I am worried about how much of a pain it will be to replace it down the road with 32 gb card and a new system to register it to...

My vita feels exactly the same as yours, with the slightly looser right stick and less clicky trigger on one side. My guess is it's a common thing. I only notice these things when I'm not playing a game though, so it doesn't really matter to me.

No they aren't. Where did you get that idea? They have a team making TLOU and a team making Uncharted.

ND is not moving away from uncharted.

Well, historically they moved away from the IP as soon as the generation was coming to a close. As a gamer I found that great, but I guess it was bad for Sony since they'd have to build hype for their franchises every gen.

Anyway, I trust Bend way more than ND now. Bend last 3 games were great, can't say the same for ND.

Sid

Well, historically they moved away from the IP as soon as the generation was coming to a close. As a gamer I found that great, but I guess it was bad for Sony since they'd have to build hype for their franchises every gen.

Anyway, I trust Bend way more than ND now. Bend last 3 games were great, can't say the same for ND.
Historically none of their franchises have come close to the success of uncharted.

BibiMaghoo

So I got resistance.

As uninspired, bland and corny as it is so far, the core of the game, shooting, is not just competent but actually quite good.

This gives me hope for COD. They don't need to make a story for it, and have models to paste in.

Better than I expected, and not deserving of some of the reviews it received.

The script and character models are pretty embarrassing though.

Edit. I also finished uncharted yesterday. The first half of the game felt a bit mediocre, but the second half made up for it. A good game. I would buy another by Bend. I don't rate it above any of ND uncharted games though.

sajj316

You know that will never happen since an uncharted game will sell WAY more but i hope they manage to make their next game look clean.

You are right. Uncharted will sell more but what better way to kick start the Syphon Filter franchise than to sell to a base looking for more games.

My vita feels exactly the same as yours, with the slightly looser right stick and less clicky trigger on one side. My guess is it's a common thing. I only notice these things when I'm not playing a game though, so it doesn't really matter to me.

Same here, it's just when I notice I zone in on it for about 2 minutes comparing both triggers and sticks just to torture myself because there is nothing I can do about it haha. Really only notice it in gravity rush, feel like I need to press harder to shift.

Carlisle

Mine arrives today. Got totally blue-balled over the weekend, convincing myself it was coming Saturday. Then obviously nothing comes Sundays. Feels like the last 3 days were several weeks long. Should be there in the next 3-4 hours at the latest though. Uncharted arrived on Friday, CAN'T BELIEVE HOW SMALL THE CARTS ARE. And WTF NO MANUAL.

So pumped. Can't wait to join the VitaBrethren. First thing I'm doing is transferring over Peace Walker and buying LBP on PSN. Was gonna get MBA too, but someone mentioned it might come on sale tomorrow so I'll wait and see for that.

Carl

Mine arrives today. Got totally blue-balled over the weekend, convincing myself it was coming Saturday. Then obviously nothing comes Sundays. Feels like the last 3 days were several weeks long. Should be there in the next 3-4 hours at the latest though. Uncharted arrived on Friday, CAN'T BELIEVE HOW SMALL THE CARTS ARE. And WTF NO MANUAL.

So pumped. Can't wait to join the VitaBrethren. First thing I'm doing is transferring over Peace Walker and buying LBP on PSN. Was gonna get MBA too, but someone mentioned it might come on sale tomorrow so I'll wait and see for that.

Welcome to the Vitabrotherhood!

Heh, my copy of Uncharted came a day before my Vita, too. I sat staring at it all day and admiring how small and cute the case was. I'm awesome.

Good catch on MBA. Make sure you buy it when it's on sale!

LuchaShaq

Banned
Me too, which is why it's something i don't care about. Other things i am completely oblivious to and don't give a shit about include framerate drops and screen tearing.

I have never and will never avoid a game simply because of one of these things. Mainly because i don't notice them. And therefore it doesn't hurt my enjoyment of the game.

Top of the page. YOU ALL SMELL OF POO.

Frame rate drops in many games for me isn't a case of "dang not looking the way I want it to" but a case of "oh god if I keep playing I will get horrific headaches and maybe vomit". The retail god of war ripoff of castlevania was a big culprit of this. Was common in that game to swing between 12-30 fps 3-4 times in the span of ten seconds.

Uncharted and Syphon Filter Crossover. Make it happen Bend.

Although the fact the Gabe is not in PSASBR says a lot about the SF franchise. REAL SPOILER ABOUT SF:
that and the fact that game is dead at the end of Logan's Shadow

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Syphon Filter is dead IP, SCEA don't want anything to do with it anymore and you guys should just move on and let it rest in peace.

Vitabro thought of the day: Sony should have money hat'd Skylanders Giants for the Vita

I skipped the first one, but I'm thinking about grabbing the 3DS version this time around. Would have been nice on Vita though - I would buy a double pack (with the PS3) for $90

It's hard to prevent myself from going on a small spending spree right this second(I want to wait until the update tomorrow). see what dem sales are, like Mutant Blobs and Odin Sphere and shit

No manuals is definitely a hard hitter for me. ):

Just seen the UK advert for Assassin's Creed 3 PS3 and Liberation. Short but sweet. Good to see it getting advertised.

Haha, if it´s the same advert than lol AC:L. The whole advert is in the first second is the face of the woman in Liberation than AC3 all the way until the ewnd where they put a small Vita cover on TV besides the PS3 version. They don´t even show the box clearly so people can say the 2 games are different. At least they are advertising it.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Like Folklore.

you can't hurt me...

;_;

Vitabro thought of the day: Sony should have money hat'd Skylanders Giants for the Vita

I skipped the first one, but I'm thinking about grabbing the 3DS version this time around. Would have been nice on Vita though - I would buy a double pack (with the PS3) for $90

well Sony is not Nintendo,I doubt they can moneyhatt a drunk hobo on the street,they are in serious money issues right now.

Anyway I think Activision future on Vita will depend mostly on COD sales,but if that bombed and Activision don't want to do put anything else on the system, I think Sony should bring their own monster games ( Invizimals,Monster Kingdom,Folklore) on Vita.

Carl

Haha, if it´s the same advert than lol AC:L. The whole advert is in the first second is the face of the woman in Liberation than AC3 all the way until the ewnd where they put a small Vita cover on TV besides the PS3 version. They don´t even show the box clearly so people can say the 2 games are different. At least they are advertising it.

The one i saw was only about 10 seconds for the whole thing. Assassination, then the splash screen with AC3 and AC3:L boxes next to eachother, and PS3/Vita consoles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom