• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yopis

Visuals damnit! we know which will play better but a so called AAA vita exclusive has been handily outclassed by mc4.

Yeah crazy times. Why is nihilistic making games they are a joke. These guys have passion it seems. Vita should have gotten this kind of treatment.

sajj316

Visuals damnit! we know which will play better but a so called AAA vita exclusive has been handily outclassed by mc4.

Well, depends on the device no? Does the game (MC4) work across multiple iOS versions and multiple iOS devices? If so, wouldn't graphics and performance take it hit on earlier hardware/software versions?

Sid

Yeah crazy times. Why is nihilistic making games they are a joke. These guys have passion it seems. Vita should have gotten this kind of treatment.
Indeed.
Well, depends on the device no? Does the game (MC4) work across multiple iOS versions and multiple iOS devices? If so, wouldn't graphics and performance take it hit on earlier hardware/software versions?
It would look the same on a device weaker than the vita.
They probably had a bigger team making it for a longer period.

But yeah, MC4 looks much better.
Yup.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
No way it will run like shit on the 4s and 5 for the rest IDK.
It'll be fine on 3GS/4 as well.
Gameloft also sells a controller now for their games on iOS.

I don't really want to play either game.
MC because its a paint by numbers game.
And CoD because its so stripped of features and tech.

Sid

It'll be fine on 3GS/4 as well.
Gameloft also sells a controller now for their games on iOS.

I don't really want to play either game.
MC because its a paint by numbers game.
And CoD because its so stripped of features and tech.
We just have to wait for killzone mercenary.

Ok. So you know I understand your point. MC4 looks better than some of the modern warfare themed console games.
Amen.

Carl

Some PSVita sales for NA users this week

Plants vs. Zombies PS Vita $10.49 (Normal) $7.34 (PS+)

Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack $5.59 (Normal) $3.91 (PS+)

You better buy MBA

zroid

Banned
Some PSVita sales for NA users this week

Plants vs. Zombies PS Vita $10.49 (Normal) $7.34 (PS+)

Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack $5.59 (Normal) $3.91 (PS+)

You better buy MBA

MY PATIENCE HAS BEEN REWARDED, BY THE GRACE OF CHEN

Now I just have to decide whether I want to activate my free month of PS+ now or wait for the inevitable holiday sales.

VanWinkle

I think MC4 will look quite a bit better than CoD Declassified, but, to be fair, Nihilistic said the graphics have been improved quite a bit since the Gamescom trailer. So that's not really a good comparison. And from what I've been able to tell, Gameloft games never look as good or run as smooth on the device as they do in the trailer/dev footage. I've been able to confirm this with both my S3 and iPhone 4 on games like NOVA 3.

Sid

I think MC4 will look quite a bit better than CoD Declassified, but, to be fair, Nihilistic said the graphics have been improved quite a bit since the Gamescom trailer. So that's not really a good comparison. And from what I've been able to tell, Gameloft games never look as good or run as smooth on the device as they do in the trailer. I've been able to confirm this with both my S3 and iPhone 4 on games like NOVA 3.
I just have a 4S so IDK about the rest but my point was $7 iphone games look this good but a $50 vita game looks like shit also MC4 will probably be a more complete game overall(MP and SP) than declassified which doesn't even have a proper campaign,we'll see how much they have improved the graphics but i don't have much hope for that.

zroid

Banned
HAHAHA

The Halloween sale runs to October 30th.

Are the MBA/PvZ deals part of the "Halloween sale"?

Hmmm. Last year, the big holiday sale ran through Nov 28. If I activate my month on Oct 29, I may still be able to catch those deals with my free month (assuming the scheduling is the same this year). This might be fortuitous timing for me.

Chances are I'll be picking up MBA around the end of the month, if this is true.

Vitacat

I just have a 4S so IDK about the rest but my point was $7 iphone games look this good but a $50 vita game looks like shit also MC4 will probably be a more complete game overall(MP and SP) than declassified which doesn't even have a proper campaign,we'll see how much they have improved the graphics but i don't have much hope for that.

What we need is a Vita version of mc4. It really does look amazing, but i cannot stomach most action games on ios due to the crappy controls.

Mikor

From tomorrow, there will no longer be any excuse for American Vitabros to not own Mutant Blobs Attack.

You drive a hard bargain, sir.

What we need is a Vita version of mc4. It really does look amazing, but i cannot stomach most action games on ios due to the crappy controls.

Begging for Gameloft ports really isn't helping the Vita's case here...

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Ninja Gaiden looks "clearer", yes... but that doesn't mean it looks "better". Personally, I find myself thinking that NGS+ environments look clinical, hard-edged and manufactured, where the world of UC:GA seems much more natural and realistic to me, and draws me in far more convincingly...
Well, he didn't say better.
And NG is an old as hell game.

Uncharted at native res....?
:drools:
Maybe next one.

zroid

Banned
lol Festival of Blood for $2.50. Suddenly my opting for a free copy of Infamous Collection over Uncharted 3 GOTY is looking like a less sound decision.

Oh wow Monster World IV $1 for PS+

Seems I'll be spending some coin on Oct 29! :O

VanWinkle

I just have a 4S so IDK about the rest but my point was $7 iphone games look this good but a $50 vita game looks like s*** also MC4 will probably be a more complete game overall(MP and SP) than declassified which doesn't even have a proper campaign,we'll see how much they have improved the graphics but i don't have much hope for that.

I don't disagree at all. Gameloft games like MC4 are a vastly superior value when compared to games like Resistance BS and CoD Declassified. It actually makes me a little sick, because the Vita is capable of so much. I would like to see Gameloft bring some of their games over the PSN (PSM is currently unable to support games like that with limited RAM and shader support). When Asphalt Injection and that Dungeon Hunter game came out for Vita, it was ridiculous, because although Gameloft games are generally pretty good, it showed that they were NOT by any means $40 games. But $7-$10 games on PSN? Would be a great addition to the Vita library.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Will get PvZ as well.

Pretty sweet they've been offering those Sega classics for a dollar.

I'm really glad they offered all the ones I don't own so far. :)

Vitacat

Might actually pick up Plants vs Zombies on Vita now that the price is more along the lines of iOS pricing.

Hmm... Did they drop the price? How much?

Edit: ok i see it now, $10.49. Still too much imo, especially since i have it on my ipad already.

Sid

Well, the Vita footage we've seen is in more of a city environment where it would be natural to have more traffic - and yet there wasn't much at all. STILL, this could be the case with the console games too; it's just that that particular video was in more of an outskirts environment where there is less traffic.
IDK i don't think i'll be getting it either way,was just asking.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
From tomorrow, there will no longer be any excuse for American Vitabros to not own Mutant Blobs Attack.
I can't argue with that price ($3.91) and will be downloading it for sure. I'll probably also pick up the Zen Pinball 2 bundle for $4.19.

VanWinkle

IDK i don't think i'll be getting it either way,was just asking.

It's a day one purchase for me. Burnout Paradise is my favorite racing game ever and this looks to be about as close to a sequel as we will get. And I still think it's immensely impressive that they put the full open world into the Vita version so I will support that.

Does anybody here know if Criterion gave good post-release support on the last NFS game? I didn't play that one, but their support on Burnout Paradise was absolutely astounding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom