• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikor

Wow, Saj, when I brought up Playstation Mobile, I did not expect this kind of reaction! Kudos for spearheading such an effort!

sajj316

Wow, Saj, when I brought up Playstation Mobile, I did not expect this kind of reaction! Kudos for spearheading such an effort!

No prob

I figured three things

1. Help a fellow GAFer get famous
2. Get another Vita game
3. Represent VitaGAF as the antithesis of SalesGAF

This looks AWESOME! I can't wait for it :)

Also, to a lot of people worrying that there's no traffic in the Vita version due to it not performing as well - Burnout Paradise had different times of day, depending on the time of day, the traffic was different. Judging by the lighting, the guy could easily be playing during the morning? I'm not sure if there was an option to turn traffic off as well. Still, I know traffic changed depending on the time of day so ... Criterion is probably putting that into MW.

Skyzard

Banned
This looks AWESOME! I can't wait for it :)

Also, to a lot of people worrying that there's no traffic in the Vita version due to it not performing as well - Burnout Paradise had different times of day, depending on the time of day, the traffic was different. Judging by the lighting, the guy could easily be playing during the morning? I'm not sure if there was an option to turn traffic off as well. Still, I know traffic changed depending on the time of day so ... Criterion is probably putting that into MW.

Yeah just noticed that the traffic didn't look too bad in that video either (if you look at the minimap to judge how dense it should be...was basically a highway - so I'm hoping time of day did have some play here but I still expect the console version to naturally have more cars...it's understandable. Didn't look too bad so far though, let's hope cities are better. That porsche clip with a bit of a ghost town was during a race I heard, which someone said causes the traffic to drop down anyway for easier racing..). I'm a little more disappointed in the crash sequences we've seen so far not having much deformation but at least they are snappy. I still cannot wait to have this in my hands. Will be one of the best handheld "racers" available (this is so much more then just traditional racing...but yes it does involve cars and speeding etc :p)

Random but I hope you all haven't forgotten to do the VR missions in MGS2 Vita :p

XPe5D.jpg

Syphon Filter is dead IP, SCEA don't want anything to do with it anymore and you guys should just move on and let it rest in peace.

I know it's a couple of pages back but Syphon Filter is not dead. No bloody way would Sony let that IP rot, considering the extremely good games Bend has put out recently.

Skyzard

Banned
I know it's a couple of pages back but Syphon Filter is not dead. No bloody way would Sony let that IP rot, considering the extremely good games Bend has put out recently.

It's starting to seem like if a game isn't COD big or a new IP it apparently has no chance these days..

Takao

Banned

Good games mean nothing, sales do and Syphon Filter has not done well on any platform since the PS1.

Is PSN under maitanence for anyone else? I thought it was supposed to be under maitenance tommorrow; probably prepping for the PSASBR beta...

EDIT: zomgslycoopersentmeatreasureparkmapimustbeatitadssafcs

Carl

Is PSN under maitanence for anyone else? I thought it was supposed to be under maitenance tommorrow; probably prepping for the PSASBR beta...

EDIT: zomgslycoopersentmeatreasureparkmapimustbeatitadssafcs

It's under maintenance to prepare for the PSN Store re-design. Only a couple of hours or so left.

It's starting to seem like if a game isn't COD big or a new IP it apparently has no chance these days..

I know Sony catches a lot of flak in other threads but the census on GAF is just that and yet Sony more than anybody else creates games and even new IPs with modest budgets and small teams and yet get lambasted for not being great system sellers.

*shrugs* and it's not just Neogaf, I have run into people that feel that way also IRL. I don't get it, but I appreciate the effort. Sony's studios have certainly made this generation and gaming a lot more interesting.

I know Sony catches a lot of flak in other threads but the census on GAF is just that and yet Sony more than anybody else creates games and even new IPs with modest budgets and small teams and yet get lambasted for not being great system sellers.

*shrugs* and it's not just Neogaf, I have run into people that feel that way also IRL. I don't get it, but I appreciate the effort. Sony's studios have certainly made this generation and gaming a lot more interesting.

Personally I think Sony has been the best console for gamers this gen easily.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Thank you for fixing my auto-correct. There's another thing I wouldn't mind seeing get a little love from Sony.

And so, Atelier Totori Plus comes with all DLC of the PS3 version. bisonyes.gif

I actually might get it. I've bought most of the PS3 Atelier games but sadly haven't had time to play through them x_x I'll probably end up getting the Vita port, especially considering it's the... second game? Which I remember the second or third one being WAY less of a grind-fest.

What I would love would be a Rune Factory/Harvest Moon type game on the Vita. Between this and that Monster Monpiece game, I'm really excited we'll continue to get really niche, awesome Japaneses games on the Vita... even here in the West! Lots of them are coming over already :)

Gonna try taking out this arsonist onii prick in NLKS... so annoying that the LOS issues always come up when it's some super annoying enemy -_-

Carl

Thank you for fixing my auto-correct. There's another thing I wouldn't mind seeing get a little love from Sony.

Heh, you're welcome :p

I can't type at all on the Vita keyboard. It's way too sensitive for me. I always end up having to re-type the word about 5 times before i get it right >.<

Noi

Random but I hope you all haven't forgotten to do the VR missions in MGS2 Vita :p

I lost my motivation for those as soon as I found out that Kojima punished me for getting the PS3 version on day 1 by making my save incompatible with the Vita version for trophies. :|

Carl

Desperately need to upgrade my 4GB memory card...Can't pull the trigger on spending the cash. I am so weak

I'm trying to hold out. Birthday is next month and i think the girlfriend has got me a 32GB. Then i shall have space.

Might have to delete a few games to fit ACL and NFSMW on my Vita before then :(

I'm trying to hold out. Birthday is next month and i think the girlfriend has got me a 32GB. Then i shall have space.

Might have to delete a few games to fit ACL and NFSMW on my Vita before then :(

I'm in the same boat haha waiting for the Holiday season too.

Shikoro

I want them to change M82's reload animation to the one from KZ2 and KZ3. This one looks like crap and not realistic at all.

This bothers me. A lot. :/

Takao

Banned
Dokuro
Publisher: Gungho Online Entertainment
Developer: Game Arts - Team PonKotz Troops
Platform: PlayStation Vita
Genre: Puzzle Platformer
Release Date:
July 5, 2012 (Japan)
October 16, 2012 (North America)
TBD (Europe)
Price: ¥2,400, $19.99, TBD

Note: The Western releases of the game will be digital-only. Asian/Japanese copies feature English as an option, and are an easy import.

Story:

Dokuro is a stoic, little skeleton who is a mere peon in the Dark Lord&#8217;s army. One fateful day he witnesses his master returning with a helplessly abducted Princess he intends to force into marriage. At once smitten by her plight, Dokuro resolves to free her from the Dark Lord&#8217;s treacherous, monster-infested castle. Along the way, he happens upon a mystical blue potion with the power to transform him into a dashing Hero; tragically, this is the only time the Princess can witness his noble endeavors.

Heedless of any danger, the Princess will continue to walk forward until she encounters an obstacle she cannot overcome on her own. Dokuro must switch between his Skeleton and Hero forms to utilize his various skills and abilities. While the Skeleton form allows him to stalk about in the shadows and ensure her safe passage, the Hero form enables him to mount a gallant offensive against the armies of darkness!

Videos

Dev Walkthrough
English Teaser
Opening Movie
Japanese Trailer #1
Japanese Trailer #2
1 hour of gameplay

Closing:

Dokuro's a chalk based game with a tonne of content, boasting over 150 levels for 20-30 hours of gameplay. For the Wario64s of the world, there is a platinum trophy. Check out some of the demos on the PlayStation Store.

Japanese Site
Metacritic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom