• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takao

Banned
mHKl6.png

LM2LR.png

OV4P0.png

wBgW9.png

I6dxa.png

osnnD.png

aknES.png
u5XuT.png

BMUf0.png

Carlisle

It's under maintenance to prepare for the PSN Store re-design. Only a couple of hours or so left.

This is killing me. My Vita FINALLY arrives, and I can't sign in to PSN and do any of that stuff. Ughhhh.

Wasn't the maintenance only supposed to go until 7:00 edt? It's almost 10:00 now and it's still offline, WTF?

Carl

This is killing me. My Vita FINALLY arrives, and I can't sign in to PSN and do any of that stuff. Ughhhh.

Wasn't the maintenance only supposed to go until 7:00 edt? It's almost 10:00 now and it's still offline, WTF?

Indeed, it was supposed to be back a while ago. Stupid Sony.

kuroshiki

Dokuro
Publisher: Gungho Online Entertainment
Developer: Game Arts - Team PonKotz Troops
Platform: PlayStation Vita
Genre: Puzzle Platformer
Release Date:
July 5, 2012 (Japan)
October 16, 2012 (North America)
TBD (Europe)
Price: ¥2,400, $19.99, TBD

Note: The Western releases of the game will be digital-only. Asian/Japanese copies feature English as an option, and are an easy import.

Story:

Dokuro is a stoic, little skeleton who is a mere peon in the Dark Lord’s army. One fateful day he witnesses his master returning with a helplessly abducted Princess he intends to force into marriage. At once smitten by her plight, Dokuro resolves to free her from the Dark Lord’s treacherous, monster-infested castle. Along the way, he happens upon a mystical blue potion with the power to transform him into a dashing Hero; tragically, this is the only time the Princess can witness his noble endeavors.

Heedless of any danger, the Princess will continue to walk forward until she encounters an obstacle she cannot overcome on her own. Dokuro must switch between his Skeleton and Hero forms to utilize his various skills and abilities. While the Skeleton form allows him to stalk about in the shadows and ensure her safe passage, the Hero form enables him to mount a gallant offensive against the armies of darkness!

Videos

Dev Walkthrough
English Teaser
Opening Movie
Japanese Trailer #1
Japanese Trailer #2
1 hour of gameplay

Wait I thought it was going to be $14.99?

Carl

Great sounding new Assassin's Creed Liberation details

Thread here http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=43241381#post43241381

[ Assassin’s Creed III: Liberation ]:

“People” system:

The system of “person” will allow to select between one of three possible costumes from Aveline, which not only change the appearance of the protagonist, but that his skill set.
The assassin costume gives basic and an Assassin known features.
“Lady Aveline” costume greatly reduces mobility but allows to seduce and bribe officials.
Maid costume allows you to pass unnoticed in previously closed areas and is capable of inciting a rebellion among the citizens.
Players can buy one of these different costumes in stores scattered throughout the map and opt for the benefits of each to complete their missions.
Each “person” gives a unique feature of their appearance.

Shipping:

This is part of the story, Aveline is the daughter of a wealthy French who made his fortune in maritime trade.
In an old warehouse, which serves as a headquarters, the player can activate the map of North American trade.

The game begins with a single ship available to Aveline, can only transport to a variety of ports things such as sugar cane, cotton and other commodities.
Each route between two points by chance gives rise to confrontations with pirates. The player must choose from the complexity of the route and the potential benefits that can be obtained in the event of a successful sale of the goods transported.
As you progress, Aveline can buy new ships, which have their own characteristics (speed, storage, and durability).

Combat:

An assassination loads Aveline a special meter that is used to perform “chain murders” commonly known as gusts of murders.
The strings of murders stop time and lets you choose the enemies in sequence to finally make an instantaneous and spectacular massacre.

Erudito:

The Organization (similar to Anonymous) called “Erudito” or “Erudito Industries” will play a very important role in its usual mission to sabotage the Abstergo plans.
Liberations is the interactive pattern developed by the own Abtergo. They have clearly mitigated his speech to the extent that there is almost no mention of the Templars and their role in history. However, Erudito would reveal the truth s their players through their “hacks”.
In certain parts of the story missions will be interrupted by a voice that does not correspond to the
program of simulation, for example shouting: “Hey citizen”, which began a follow-up with the “Eagle sight”. Kill the target of these investigations unlocked the real events, which usually involve an evil Templar.

OmegaZero

Great sounding new Assassin's Creed Liberation details

Thread here http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=43241381#post43241381

Yeah, that's a summary of the article containing the details I posted earlier. (I'm talking about the quoted, not the thread.)
The Persona system is something that at least three previews have gone over earlier in the month, so I didn't think it was new.
Same thing for the mark and execute system (touch to kill).

Carl

Yeah, that's a summary of the article containing the details I posted earlier. (I'm talking about the quoted, not the thread.)
The Persona system is something that at least three previews have gone over earlier in the month, so I didn't think it was new.
Same thing for the mark and execute system (touch to kill).

Sorry, didn't realise you'd posted it earlier :)

Sounds really awesome!

OmegaZero

Sorry, didn't realise you'd posted it earlier :)

Sounds really awesome!

Yeah, it does. The cynic in me still believes that there has to be a catch.

Also, the info posted in that thread is kind of weird. Like it was translated from Google Translate or something. All the info is basically correct, but stuff like:
Game Informer said:
At key story moments, a voice interrupts and asks you to track down a nearby "Citizen E".
Find them with Eagle vision and kill them, and you unlock the real version of events, which often leaves the Templars/Abstergo looking like the bad guys

becomes:

In certain parts of the story missions will be interrupted by a voice that does not correspond to the
program of simulation, for example shouting: “Hey citizen”, which began a follow-up with the “Eagle sight”. Kill the target of these investigations unlocked the real events, which usually involve an evil Templar.

zroid

Banned
Ninja Gaiden for $19. Worth it for someone who hasnt played Ninja Gaiden since NES days?

Totally different games. If you're into balls hard character action games you'll probably like it. But the Vita version is a maligned port of a maligned port, so keep that in mind.

zroid

Banned
It's still a great game, I'm sure. I have the original on Xbox and Sigma on PS3 and the latter is still solid. Most fans agree however that the PS3 version is worse than Ninja Gaiden Black, while the Vita port is apparently a downgrade from Sigma on PS3.

Other than that though, still one of the best action games I've ever played!

MarkusRJR

Is Sony ever going to let us use the web browser while a game is running in the background? The only reason I'm buying the 3DS version of the 999 sequel is because I can load up gamefaqs while I'm playing without having to exit it.

Is Sony ever going to let us use the web browser while a game is running in the background? The only reason I'm buying the 3DS version of the 999 sequel is because I can load up gamefaqs while I'm playing without having to exit it.

No.

That's why you have your Iphone for. Use that to go on gamefaqs.

oh, and thanks vitabros for the NG impressions. I think for $19 it'll be a good game. :)

zroid

Banned

I'm still undecided, but I ain't buying it this year, so I should have lots of time to figure that out. I'll probably just buy the version whose price drops faster (likely Vita).

I expect I'll prefer the dual screen interface on 3DS, but the Vita's larger screen will be nice. Toss-up.

Yopis

Let me clarify, are you a picky person? Because if you're picky than yeah I'm sure you'll find problems. But for enjoying the game for what it is, it controls well, looks good and is Ninja Gaiden on the go. Excited for NGS2+ next.

No just trying to find something fun. Beat sigma 2 on ps3 but never played the first. Should be cool. I pick and choose when im picky lol. Thanks for info.

Noi

Looking through the trophy page for Gravity Rush on PSNprofiles, it's actually pretty pleasing to see that at least 50% of the people who played it (and cares enough to make a profile on the site) actually beat the game. It can be a bit depressing to go through pages for what you know are good games and see that only 30% or lower of people who played it actually got through to the end.

I'm still undecided, but I ain't buying it this year, so I should have lots of time to figure that out. I'll probably just buy the version whose price drops faster (likely Vita).

I expect I'll prefer the dual screen interface on 3DS, but the Vita's larger screen will be nice. Toss-up.

Don't forget trophies the bump up in resolution and how much better it'll look on the Vita when you're not doing puzzles~

Kafel

Banned
There's the trick with the browser in the Twitter app though.

Tratorn

You can start it in the background if you have the twitter-app.
Just click on a link there while you're in a game and the browser will start without asking to end the game.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Carl said:
But yeah, MC4 looks much better.
Eh - can't speak for COD Vita (haven't really paid attention), but in that trailer MC4 looks more like an upres-ed PS2 game than anything. I'd hope they can at least beat that.

OmegaZero

So who's making the black ops OT?

Now that the shaking gun.gif has been debunked, I don't know who's doing it or how it'll end up.
Maybe it should just be:

Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified OT

Developer: Nihilistic Software

Price: $50

...and leave it at that. Simple is better. :b

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom