• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally different games. If you're into balls hard character action games you'll probably like it. But the Vita version is a maligned port of a maligned port, so keep that in mind.

Maybe if you are maniac of NG Black who knows everything about game - I never played it before and it's perfectly acceptable.

Hanmik

So I finally finished Uncharted Golden Abyss... great great great game..apart from some stupid sections
to much screen rubbing.. touch screen end game fights.. some boring touch screen puzzles.
I really liked this game..

what is Bend working on right now..? do we know..?

zroid

Banned
So just looks like its me and you then.

Ok 1 v 1 should run at 60fps right? ;)

Actually that's a good question. I wonder if its locked at 30 so it'll at least be smooth
30 fps per player counts as 60 fps, right?

Maybe if you are maniac of NG Black who knows everything about game - I never played it before and it's perfectly acceptable.
Certainly. Just pointing out that it's probably the "worst" version of an excellent game. Does not necessarily mean it's bad, per se.

Don't forget trophies the bump up in resolution and how much better it'll look on the Vita when you're not doing puzzles~
I didn't mention trophies because I don't care about them I was looking at some screens earlier and the Vita version just looks like an upscale of the 3DS', so the "resolution" doesn't really change. Might be a little sharper, at best. Plus I'd rather have it in 3D, come to think of it.

Takao

Banned
So I finally finished Uncharted Golden Abyss... great great great game..apart from some stupid sections
to much screen rubbing.. touch screen end game fights.. some boring touch screen puzzles.
I really liked this game..

what is Bend working on right now..? do we know..?

No.

MaxDOL

I just found out that Vita charging cable can not be use with some USB port including my Panasonic mobile booster and 2 USB ports Ipad/Iphone adapter.

It can be charge from Vita own adapter, PC and PS3.

What the hell Sony.

I have 5 days trip with my company and most of the time will be on the bus.

I need to use the mobile booster for extra juice.

Gxgear

Do you own it on any of the other million platforms it's on?

Got them free for PS3 and 360, so yeah...but the Vita one has a shiny platinum!

I just found out that Vita charging cable can not be use with some USB port including my Panasonic mobile booster and 2 USB ports Ipad/Iphone adapter.

What the hell Sony.

Sony thanks you for your patronage, on the portable charger you're about to buy :p

Ken

What the hell Sony.

I have no idea what you're talking about but you can charge an iPad using the Vita portable battery charger thing. You need the iPad's USB cable, but that should be obvious.

MaxDOL

I have no idea what you're talking about but you can charge an iPad using the Vita portable battery charger thing. You need the iPad's USB cable, but that should be obvious.

I mean if I plug the Vita charging cable to other USB ports other than Sony's own adapter, PC or PS3.
Vita refuse to charge its battery.

Noi

I didn't mention trophies because I don't care about them I was looking at some screens earlier and the Vita version just looks like an upscale of the 3DS', so the "resolution" doesn't really change. Might be a little sharper, at best. Plus I'd rather have it in 3D, come to think of it.

No love for trophies? Blasphemer! I pretty much picked the Vita version cause its the handheld I actually use, plus the call of trophies is too great. Really need to find something I like besides Theathrhythm...

I think he meant the other way around, charging the Vita with the mobile boost thing.

Edit: Beaten like Senran Kagura's chances at a localization.

DBT85

I mean if I plug the Vita charging cable to other USB ports other than Sony's own adapter, PC or PS3.
Vita refuse to charge its battery.

This is an issue with some other devices also. It is looking for some data on 2 of the USB pins but isn't getting any. As a result it doesn't charge. You can circumvent the issue by modding a USB cable/adapter so that the data pins are shorted to each other.

Then the Vita will charge from anything providing some juice. It may try to take more than it's being given though so don't blame me if something goes pop.

DemonNite

want traffic in NFS Most Wanted?

iySJDNJ1lVF6f.gif

PaulLFC

Finally got a charging cable for the Vita! Now to play games and buy some new ones. The "Vita has no games" 'joke' some people trot out in every Vita thread always puzzles me, I have to assume they're trolling or being sarcastic, because unless their tastes are limited to just a couple of genres, or they have a ton of money to buy games with, there's plenty on Vita.

I have plenty of games I haven't completed, and I still haven't bought Gravity Rush, LKS or LBP. Most Wanted, AC3 Liberation, Sly 4 and more on the way soon as well.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Finally got a charging cable for the Vita! Now to play games and buy some new ones. The "Vita has no games" 'joke' some people trot out in every Vita thread always puzzles me, I have to assume they're trolling or being sarcastic, because unless their tastes are limited to just a couple of genres, or they have a ton of money to buy games with, there's plenty on Vita.

I think its more of "lulz look at da low sales numbers, VitaGAF your system is not selling. stop enjoy it" these days.

I have plenty of games I haven't completed, and I still haven't bought Gravity Rush

And you are waiting for what? go and get Gravity Rush.

yes.

Many people freaked out over videos where the car was in a quiet area and saying there was no traffic.

lots of areas of Burnout Paradise map go almost completely empty sometime...I guess people forget about that.

Kazerei

Banned
So who's buying Jet Set Radio today? I am. Great game and the price is perfect.

Edit: Gravity Rush sucks, you're not missing anything

Foshy

A new PS All-Stars beta coming today for all Vita owners! I'm looking forward to play some matches with you guys later when it's up on the store ;)

So what are the top 5 or so games to get on the vita? I'm get the white assassins creed bundle in a few weeks and looking to spend a little extra money.

Kazerei

Banned
A new PS All-Stars beta coming today for all Vita owners! I'm looking forward to play some matches with you guys later when it's up on the store ;)

Yay, something to get this week.

It's funny that all the games I'm looking forward to are releasing October 30.

PaulLFC

And you are waiting for what? go and get Gravity Rush.
Until I complete some of the ridiculous number of games in my backlog :p

I used to just buy games new and add them to the backlog, and either play them months and months later, or in the case of some, still not get round to playing them. Figured there was no point effectively wasting money until the backlog is more manageable. I do still buy some games day one or preorder them, but not as many as I used to.

Sid

So what are the top 5 or so games to get on the vita? I'm get the white assassins creed bundle in a few weeks and looking to spend a little extra money.
1.Uncharted:Golden Abyss
2.Gravity Rush
3.Little Big Planet Vita
4.Unit 13
5.Wipeout 2048

Though if you are looking for some multiplats i recommend Rayman origins and Virtua Tennis 4,the vita versions are easily the best ones imo.

Thx! this looks really good.

Kazerei

Banned

What types of games are you interested in?

Action? Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, Unit 13
Sports? Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational, Virtua Tennis 4
Platformer? LittleBigPlanet, Rayman Origins
RPG? Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention
Puzzle? Lumines Electronic Symphony

persongr

1.Uncharted:Golden Abyss
2.Gravity Rush
3.Little Big Planet Vita
4.Unit 13
5.Wipeout 2048

^Pretty Much. Also MK Komplete is a great version, but to be honest with you Twisted, the only game that is constantly on my vita is Super Stardust Delta.

2222's top Vita games (excluding Japan only) (in no order)

Gravity Rush
wipEout 2048
Persona 4: Golden
DJ Max Technika Tune
LittleBigPlanet Vita
New Little King's Story

Honorable mentions for Uncharted, Lumines ES and Rayman.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

Spy Hunter
Resistance Burning Skies
Asphalt: Injection
Little Deviants
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7

lol don't touch anything from the above list... here the real list

Gravity Rush
Virtua Tennis 4
Uncharted Golden Abyss
Mutant Blobs Attack
Hot Shot Golf

Looks awesome. definitely getting this on Vita.

The only thing missing is the awesome crash engine Burnout Paradise had where your car would get completly deformed, though :/ That looked SO GOOD. I may double-dip with the PS3 version.

in HP it was kinda there but toned way down..blame the licensed cars.

What types of games are you interested in?

All of them! And I love me some fighting games

Here's my buy list so far:

Assassins creed Bundle
MGS HD
MK (it's only 20 bucks)
Gravity Rush
Virtue's Last Reward

Maybes:
Umvc3
SFxTK

Already preordered:
Persona 4 golden

Q: will NFS have any compatibility with the ps3 version?

Foshy

in HP it was kinda there but toned way down..blame the licensed cars.
Damn, you're right. I looked up some vids from the MW PS3 version and it's nowhere near Paradise levels. Guess the Vita version isn't missing much then.

@Twisted-Gamer: There's Autolog compatibilty between PS3 and Vita IIRC, so the times and records you set in the events will be shared in online leaderboards. No cross-play online multiplayer though.

Kazerei

Banned
My two most-played Vita games are Hot Shots Golf and Disgaea 3. Both are cute on the outside, complex and addictive on the inside.

Random order:
Uncharted
Rayman Origins
Wipeout 2048
Unit 13
LBP

Downloadable recommendations
Mutant bob attacks
Super stardust delta
Velocity

Just bought dishonored this morning a had a chat with a guy from the shop where I buy my games. They did no sell even one Vita for 3 weeks in a row. If you look at the Vita and games in the shop...it looks like Sony isn't able/willing to promoto it's own product. Not even a demopod, just a few games on display ,while in the same shop there is a demopod for the 3DS XL and a whole bunch of games on display. Just makes me sad the Vita is struggling :/

My two most-played Vita games are Hot Shots Golf and Disgaea 3. Both are cute on the outside, complex and addictive on the inside.

Love me some hot shots golf, will get that eventually, maybe Xmas. As for disgaea 3, I've put way too much time into the ps3 version...I don't think I wanna go down that road again :p

Djmax Technika Tune
Wipeout 2048
Sound Shapes
Superstardust Delta
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Zen Pinball 2
Treasures of Montezuma Blitz (yeah, i´m dead serious about this one)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom