• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheik

Hey guys Silent Hill is pretty good and it looks great on the Vita. I hope people give it a shot even though its not what fans are used to. Way forward said if the game sells well that they'll release DLC for it. I hope so. Fun game can't wait to try Multiplayer. I have a feeling we'll see Sine Mora next month.

I'm into Zone 4 so far. It's better than most people give it credit for, but I'm not really sure how I feel about it yet. I do think it would've been a better idea to market it as its own game rather than part of the Silent Hill franchise. Parts of the game look pretty decent and parts are blocky and jaggy. Haven't tried multiplayer yet.

I love all sorts of puzzle games. Tetris, Lumines, Sudoku, Professor Layton, whatever. But holy crap, I must suck at riddles!! The Zone 2 and 3 riddles made zero sense to me. Am I missing clues or something? I literally had to just guess and pull the lever a bunch of times to get past them. I feel so very, very tiny. :(

Ponn

Banned
And WTF is this:

New Little King's Story Ultimate Pass ($19.99) – Be the first to download the Little King’s DLC Ultimate Pass! Purchase the full DLC library in advance to save 50% on all of the New Little King’s Story downloadable content packs. Reign over your kingdom with the most powerful weapons, strengthen your attacks, and increase your life span! The boundaries are limitless with this ultimate DLC pack – download it today!

WTF IS this shit!! Ugh, some of you talked me into it, loved Overlord, sounded good, thought I may play it more than NFS MW but I hate, HATE nickel and diming DLC. I was against getting it in the first place because I thought it was a bit overpriced, seems like it should be 19.99 or 29.99 tops but to not include DLC??!! Fuck that noise. Now I need a replacement purchase to hit $100.

Megatron

Ok I'm at:
PSPlus Membership: $49.99
Little Big Planet Vita: $36.99
Plants V Zombies Vita: $7.34
Monster World 4: $1
Sunflowers: $3.99

I need about $1.69 to get to $100. I already have Mutant Blobs. Any suggestions? Considering the Zen Pinball Monster table but I'm not really a pinball fan. Not sure if there are any other low-cost options I should consider. Doesn't have to be Vita, could be regular old PSN like MW4 is.

Ponn

Banned
Ok I'm at:

I need about $1.69 to get to $100. I already have Mutant Blobs. Any suggestions? Considering the Zen Pinball Monster table but I'm not really a pinball fan. Not sure if there are any other low-cost options I should consider. Doesn't have to be Vita, could be regular old PSN like MW4 is.

Treasure of Montezuma dlc.

spannicus

I'm into Zone 4 so far. It's better than most people give it credit for, but I'm not really sure how I feel about it yet. I do think it would've been a better idea to market it as its own game rather than part of the Silent Hill franchise. Parts of the game look pretty decent and parts are blocky and jaggy. Haven't tried multiplayer yet.

I love all sorts of puzzle games. Tetris, Lumines, Sudoku, Professor Layton, whatever. But holy crap, I must suck at riddles!! The Zone 2 and 3 riddles made zero sense to me. Am I missing clues or something? I literally had to just guess and pull the lever a bunch of times to get past them. I feel so very, very tiny. :(

Some notes you pick up give clues to puzzles. Most of the time I'm shooting blind too but the games good for now. I'm in zone 4 too.

Noi

WTF IS this shit!! Ugh, some of you talked me into it, loved Overlord, sounded good, thought I may play it more than NFS MW but I hate, HATE nickel and diming DLC. I was against getting it in the first place because I thought it was a bit overpriced, seems like it should be 19.99 or 29.99 tops but to not include DLC??!! Fuck that noise. Now I need a replacement purchase to hit $100.

Are you really going to pass on a game because of it's totally optional stuff that you aren't forced to buy to enjoy the game?

You only support the DLC if you buy it, which you clearly have no intention of doing.

Ok I'm at:

Infamous or Costume Quest thats on sale?

VanWinkle

I think I'm at $45 right now. On my birthday on the 28th I'm going to buy a 1 year PS+ membership, so that will bring it up to $95 and then I'll just find something to buy for five bucks.

Ponn

Banned
Are you really going to pass on a game because of it's totally optional stuff that you aren't forced to buy to enjoy the game?

It's my one unreasonable, stubborn, moral, etc pet peeve that just infuriates me. I may change my mind, it would be easier since its hard to find stuff on the Vita store and I probably would never see it. I've watched videos and it actually looks like a game I would really enjoy. And who doesn't like anime girls.

Shit, I would see the DLC in the live area on the game everytime I boot it up. ugh.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
It makes me want to kick puppies every fucking time that I download something from the Vita store, comeback, and the download has paused.

You only support the DLC if you buy it, which you clearly have no intention of doing.

Exactly.
The only time it's straight up bullshit is if it's Capcpcom and it's all finished on disc and just locked away by a 100kb key. :lol

The demo was solid.
Are you finding the puzzle/riddle clues before you attempt the puzzles?

Infamous or Costume Quest thats on sale?

Costume Quest is FANTASTIC.
Festival of Blood is pretty decent too.

Famassu

Umm... that DLC is not needed, it's just for sucky gamers who don't have the time or the skills to play the game through without it. It's as pointless as those EA DLCs that make it possible to unlock everything without playing the game. Kind of pointless to whine about it, when no one is forcing you to buy it and those add nothing to the gameplay of the game. It's basically just a bunch of cheat codes that you pay for.

zaidr

So are people really enjoying the vita now? Has the vita won out between the new gen handhelds (as in, 3DS). Are games taking advantage of the dual sticks, and are the games fun to play? More than 3DS?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
A Little Big Planet costume. They sell for 99 cents and up.

MisterC20XX

So I've had 24 hours with my Vita now. And aside from a poorly-timed, longer-than-scheduled shitty PSN maintenance that kept me from getting at it for way too long; and from shitty PSN activation rules that, due to having to juggle a couple of PSPs to get everything I want activated and deactivated, I ended up over-tinkering and now I'm locked out of activating anything for a full week--leaving my PS3 and PSP Go deactivated until then--but thankfully not my Vita, it's breathtaking.

I mean, I knew it was going to be good. Great hardware, graphics, etc, all the stuff you see in pics. But God-DAMN. This really is something else. I'm completely blown away by every aspect of the machine. (God I hate saying this because it's so overused it's lost all meaning, but...)Sony really outdid themselves. The care, love, and pinpoint attention to detail is unlike anything I've seen from them or any piece of gaming hardware before it.

For the longest while I only kinda-wanted one because I figured a game might eventually come out for it that I wanted... but it was never a priority, and I might not have ever got one. But now I don't know how I went so long without one, and I haven't even played anything on it yet except a few minutes of MBA. I'd read Vita threads with people seemingly hyperbolizing the shit out of it. I always chocked it up to people just trying to justify their expensive purchase and hedge against buyer's remorse.

God, was I wrong. You guys were really onto something, you were trying to help everyone else see the light and we were all too busy finding new ways to type "Vita is doomed" to really listen. I'm ready for the all-portable future now. Greatest handheld ever by far, Jesus Herbert Christ.

UI could be better though

Welcome to the portable gaming good life, brother!

youaredoingitright.gif

Astra

Whew, Futureshop is listing the AC Vita bundle again. I was starting to worry my pre-order wouldn't come in there (even though it'll likely be easy to get elsewhere). I hope they offer the $50 gift card with this bundle, as they did with the Madden one. Probably not with my luck, or they will a couple weeks after release.

Sheik

Some notes you pick up give clues to puzzles. Most of the time I'm shooting blind too but the games good for now. I'm in zone 4 too.

Exactly.
The demo was solid.
Are you finding the puzzle/riddle clues before you attempt the puzzles?

I think the game itself is better than the demo, but the demo was decent. I'm liking it so far for the most part because I enjoy the genre.

I seem to find 1 note per zone for the end puzzle. The Zone 1 riddle was straight forward, the Zone 3 riddle I think I understood, but I literally had no idea what the colours of the candles meant for the Zone 2 puzzle. lol

AwRy108

So there is probably no one playing PSABR right?

I just played online w/ a full party, everything ran very smoothly. Impressed so far, just hope the final product is chock-full of modes, options, and goodies. Also, demo really needs an actual "practice" mode that lets you play around with any available characters.

Massa

Is PVZ worth it at the sale price? I think I own this game multiple times yet I haven't finished it.

I have this game on Steam, PS3 and my phone and also have yet to finish. Somehow I want to buy it on Vita as well.

I don't know what it is about it that makes me want to buy it but not play it. This time I'll be strong!

Takao

Banned
Mobile Store updated with Cubix, OMG Zombies and:

A5YFBhfCYAE4ndS.jpg

BWY52.gif

VanWinkle

Man, PSASBR probably has the best IQ of any Vita game I've played so far. And it's really fun. I wasn't going to get the game but this Vita beta convinced me in no time at all.

I have this game on Steam, PS3 and my phone and also have yet to finish. Somehow I want to buy it on Vita as well.

I don't know what it is about it that makes me want to buy it but not play it. This time I'll be strong!

I don't have it on PS3 but I do on Steam and on my Touch. I really want to actually finish it and maybe the trophies will help push that to happen.

AwRy108

So I've had 24 hours with my Vita now. And aside from a poorly-timed, longer-than-scheduled shitty PSN maintenance that kept me from getting at it for way too long; and from shitty PSN activation rules that, due to having to juggle a couple of PSPs to get everything I want activated and deactivated, I ended up over-tinkering and now I'm locked out of activating anything for a full week--leaving my PS3 and PSP Go deactivated until then--but thankfully not my Vita, it's breathtaking.

I mean, I knew it was going to be good. Great hardware, graphics, etc, all the stuff you see in pics. But God-DAMN. This really is something else. I'm completely blown away by every aspect of the machine. (God I hate saying this because it's so overused it's lost all meaning, but...)Sony really outdid themselves. The care, love, and pinpoint attention to detail is unlike anything I've seen from them or any piece of gaming hardware before it.

For the longest while I only kinda-wanted one because I figured a game might eventually come out for it that I wanted... but it was never a priority, and I might not have ever got one. But now I don't know how I went so long without one, and I haven't even played anything on it yet except a few minutes of MBA. I'd read Vita threads with people seemingly hyperbolizing the shit out of it. I always chocked it up to people just trying to justify their expensive purchase and hedge against buyer's remorse.

God, was I wrong. You guys were really onto something, you were trying to help everyone else see the light and we were all too busy finding new ways to type "Vita is doomed" to really listen. I'm ready for the all-portable future now. Greatest handheld ever by far, Jesus Herbert Christ.

Ah, another gamer who has stepped out of the doom light and come to their senses. The Vita is all-around incredible, and SONY has done so much right with the device right out of the gate. Let's hope more people are awakened to this fact.

I'm "old" and long past the days of needing to justify my expensive purchases. The Vita is awesome and I love it; and, sales numbers be damned, that opinion is not going to change. The rest of 2012 is going to be awesome for Vita owners, just like the last 8 months have been.

Takao

Banned
Pinky Spots (leg massage) is a game to rub around pinky spots of a girl's leg, and to make a girl happy. The girl will point wanted spots, then give your fingers to massage (rub around it). When the girl becomes happy, other spots will be asked by various poses. So, you can make her happier. Even in the same spot, your way to rub (massage) changes the score. When you get high scores, the girl show you various poses as bonus. Challenge how much you can make her happy.

- Over 500 taking a picture data reproduces realistic squirming!
- The special image, the score, and more!
- In the bashfully girl voice!

#Japan #singleglobalsubmission

neoemonk

Ok I'm at:

Foosball. It's fun.

sajj316

Welcome brother ... Vitabro!!!

VanWinkle

PSASBR confirms my suspicion that Bluepoint is an absolute beast at their game conversions (this case being from PS3 to Vita). Absolutely nothing, graphics, framerate, detail, etc. is lost in the translation.

MisterC20XX

Vitabros, I noticed a lot of you are PS+ members. I know this has been asked quite a bit, but do you feel PS+ is worth the cost?

TOTP: Support GungHo's efforts to bring games to the Vita and buy Dokuro!

VanWinkle

Does Bluepoint do anything besides ports?

Blast Factor is the only game they created, and I think it was like the first PSN downloadable title. Since then, they've just done the conversions on MGS Collection (although I'm not sure if they did the Vita version), God of War Collection, ICO and SoC Collection, and now the Vita port of PSASBR

MisterC20XX said:
Vitabros, I noticed a lot of you are PS+ members. I know this has been asked quite a bit, but do you feel PS+ is worth the cost?

Oh, easily. One of the best video game-related services out there. Can't wait for it to officially come to Vita.

zroid

Banned

I'm not a PS+ member but I believe it is worth it (for most people).

I'm not a member because I'm a cheapass who never buys games unless they're on sale anyway and I also have a bit of an "ownership complex" which renders the "free" games not particularly meaningful to me. I'm also endlessly paranoid about not getting my money's worth, even though I've been proven wrong about that countless times.

Objectively speaking, PS+ is a great value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom