• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your VC2 won't run on the Vita? Do you have the PSN version? VC2 is the only PSN game I have on my Vita; it wouldn't run on my PSP, but it runs fine on the Vita. I have the $22 bundle with the DLC, and bought it early in 2012.
Yeah I bought it on PSN, the problem is I don't have a PS3 and you need to do something which involves downloading the game on the PS3 and then transferring it to the Vita. As I don't have a Vita I can't do that. So the game works on Vita they just haven't given me a way to download it to my Vita and its stupid.

Carlisle

Thanks again for all the welcomes. I love my new Vitabro family. This thread is such a warm, happy little enclave landlocked amidst the treacherous Gaming Side.

So are people really enjoying the vita now? Has the vita won out between the new gen handhelds (as in, 3DS). Are games taking advantage of the dual sticks, and are the games fun to play? More than 3DS?
I don't know if anything has "won" but Vita outclasses 3DS in just about every way. It really is a handheld done right, and I had no idea that there was such a thing until I got my hands on one and saw what I'd been missing all along.

That's not to say 3DS sucks by any means. I still love my 3DS and play it to death. Each has its own strengths and weaknesses. 3DS has the stronger software library so far; Vita has the stronger, well, everything else really. While going from DS to 3DS was a huge improvement, a lot of people were surprised by the things Nintendo didn't update... friend codes still there, still no capacitive touch, single circle pad, etc. Going from PSP to Vita is a whole different experience. Sony answered everything we wanted, anticipated things we'd want later threw those in, and then thought of a bunch of other shit people might like to do on a handheld and went ahead and put that in as well. You can really feel how much Sony just set out to please gamers. It's just so satisfying to have everything I've wanted in a machine, and have it done so well.

WTF IS this shit!! Ugh, some of you talked me into it, loved Overlord, sounded good, thought I may play it more than NFS MW but I hate, HATE nickel and diming DLC. I was against getting it in the first place because I thought it was a bit overpriced, seems like it should be 19.99 or 29.99 tops but to not include DLC??!! Fuck that noise. Now I need a replacement purchase to hit $100.

All the DLC I saw was ingame stuff. Items for your people easily attainable ingame.

Akkad

Banned
Vitabros, I noticed a lot of you are PS+ members. I know this has been asked quite a bit, but do you feel PS+ is worth the cost?

TOTP: Support GungHo's efforts to bring games to the Vita and buy Dokuro!

I think it's worth it if you have time to play all the games they give you.

Megatron

A Little Big Planet costume. They sell for 99 cents and up.

Infamous or Costume Quest thats on sale?

Treasure of Montezuma dlc.

Lot of good ideas here, thankyou for the suggestions. I have Infamous already, so that's out. I am actually a little addicted to Montezuma, but have thus far not been even a little tempted to pay for lives. If it was real DLC I would do it, but not sure I can make myself do it, would rather put the $2 towards something I might like to have. LBP costumes are interesting. Hadn't even thought of that. I may look into that after I DL LBP Vita. Costume Quest looks cool, but not sure I'll ever find time to actually play it. If only it was on the Vita...

Ponn

Banned
All the DLC I saw was ingame stuff. Items for your people easily attainable ingame.
That makes it much more palatable, didn't know that. I don't mind that kind of DLC, i think it preys on certain people but not worse then something like ToMB.

Yeah I bought it on PSN, the problem is I don't have a PS3 and you need to do something which involves downloading the game on the PS3 and then transferring it to the Vita. As I don't have a Vita I can't do that. So the game works on Vita they just haven't given me a way to download it to my Vita and its stupid.

How did you buy it? Through PSN store on computer? If so you should be able to download the file and put it in the same folder your vita checks on the PC. I'm not sure if that will work but worth a shot.

Massa

Lot of good ideas here, thankyou for the suggestions. I have Infamous already, so that's out. I am actually a little addicted to Montezuma, but have thus far not been even a little tempted to pay for lives. If it was real DLC I would do it, but not sure I can make myself do it, would rather put the $2 towards something I might like to have. LBP costumes are interesting. Hadn't even thought of that. I may look into that after I DL LBP Vita. Costume Quest looks cool, but not sure I'll ever find time to actually play it. If only it was on the Vita...

You could also check out Playstation Mobile, it has some good games there. OMG-Z, Super Crate Box, Rebel, Aqua Kitty...

The Jutty

Vitabros, I noticed a lot of you are PS+ members. I know this has been asked quite a bit, but do you feel PS+ is worth the cost?

I'm very happy with my PS+ sub. If you aren't interested in collecting and just want to play games that you may not feel comfortable actually buying than it is a great value. Also my kid loves the service it keeps him happy and asking for a lot fewer games it has definitely been well worth my 50 dollars. I really hope they offer the instant game collection with the vita as I really did not enjoy PS+ when we were just getting minis and psone games.

That makes it much more palatable, didn't know that. I don't mind that kind of DLC, i think it preys on certain people but not worse then something like ToMB.

I know japan got DLC in the form of costumes for the princess. For this batch of DLC at least, it seems everything is attainable in game. It's been too long since the japanese release so I don't really think they'll develop new content.

brentech

I had to clear some friends off my list today because I added like 25+ to boost Uncharted:GA bounties and VT4 online. Got my platinums with both games, but man, I really really wish there was a way to save notes on friends profiles so I knew who was who.

Almost like everytime I add someone back to my friendlist I need to make a spreadsheet and clarify who they are and why I added.

As it stands, I just removed names I didn't totally recognize via playing with them or seeing their names on leaderboards in games. If you got nuked and actually noticed it, let me know and I can add ya back.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Just browsing other regions.

Hong Kong store.

W1HET.jpg

don't forget Sunflowers!

I was whining about sunflower being boring during the demo, but get the game anyway because of gaf. now I'm whining for not even getting to lv 21. goddamn, when do I get the time to water my flower with all the thunder cloud and cloud move so quickly.

the game is fun when it get faster, but it's a really slow start, pretty much 15 minutes of every game is boring to me.

Question is are you a PS3 owner? All the free games they offer more than pay for it almost immediately. Otherwise, its a bit of a gray area until they officially launch PS+ for the Vita next month. The discounts on PSP and Free PSone games have been great though.

darkwing

I was whining about sunflower being boring during the demo, but get the game anyway because of gaf. now I'm whining for not even getting to lv 21. goddamn, when do I get the time to water my flower with all the thunder cloud and cloud move so quickly.

the game is fun when it get faster, but it's a really slow start, pretty much 15 minutes of every game is boring to me.

are you using the rear touch and L1 trigger to play?

How did you buy it? Through PSN store on computer? If so you should be able to download the file and put it in the same folder your vita checks on the PC. I'm not sure if that will work but worth a shot.
I bought it from MediaGo on my PC when I was using my PSPGo, I didn't think I would be able to transfer games over from MediaGo to my Vita

SiDCrAzY

NFSMW/AC:L gameplay vid.. It looks pretty clear....sorry if it has been posted already.. :)

After playing the PSABR beta, it has turned into a day one purchase for me. Perhaps for both the Vita and PS3. NFSMW will also be day one it seems.

Still going back and forth and whether to purchase Dokuro and NLKS...hmm...

NFSMW/AC:L gameplay vid.. It looks pretty clear....sorry if it has been posted already.. :)

After playing the PSABR beta, it has turned into a day one purchase for me. Perhaps for both the Vita and PS3. NFSMW will also be day one it seems.

Still going back and forth and whether to purchase Dokuro and NLKS...hmm...

If youre iffy about PSBR on both you should know, buy it on PS3 and you get the Vita version for free.

MarkusRJR

I had to clear some friends off my list today because I added like 25+ to boost Uncharted:GA bounties and VT4 online. Got my platinums with both games, but man, I really really wish there was a way to save notes on friends profiles so I knew who was who.

Almost like everytime I add someone back to my friendlist I need to make a spreadsheet and clarify who they are and why I added.

As it stands, I just removed names I didn't totally recognize via playing with them or seeing their names on leaderboards in games. If you got nuked and actually noticed it, let me know and I can add ya back.
Oh man I know this feeling. I had to delete a bunch of people on XBL because I didn't know who the hell anyone was. Ever since then I haven't really touched online multiplayer (unless it's anonymous) because I never know who any of my friends are.

I only have like 7 PSN friends and I don't know who any of them are. :(

EDIT: Fuck why am I always at the bottom of the page? :(

Sintoid

Good morning Vitagaf

I found a 10€ discount inside Touch my katamari's retail version. Does anyone know if this discout is applied to "Complete edition" or only to the standard edition?

By the way do you consider 15€ a good price for Ridge Racer?

Oh man I know this feeling. I had to delete a bunch of people on XBL because I didn't know who the hell anyone was. Ever since then I haven't really touched online multiplayer (unless it's anonymous) because I never know who any of my friends are.

I only have like 7 PSN friends and I don't know who any of them are. :(

I got a lot of psn friend since I got Vita, most likely they found me from Near, I only keep track about 5 or 7 of my real life friends, some are gaf member that sadly I'm not sure who's who anymore. they're just there for leadeboard games and motivation to beat their scores...

Sheik

Vitabros! Need something (PS3 or Vita) from the PSN between $4.08 and $9.29 (USA)
Suggestions?

Where Is My Heart? is a cool little Mini. You've probably heard already that PVZ and Mutant Blobs Attack are on sale and in that price range. Or you could go with DLC or a PSOne game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom