• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick

Banned
Is there any new info on Black Ops Declassified's single player?

I know that COD isn't about SP, but I'd be without an Internet connection half the time, so a substantial SP mode would be nice.

Also cautiously optimistic for its multiplayer.

Kazerei

Banned

I know that COD isn't about SP, but I'd be without an Internet connection half the time, so a substantial SP mode would be nice.

Not really new info, but from what I've gathered, there's three SP modes: Operations (kinda like campaign), Time Trials (kinda like training), and Hostiles (infinite waves of enemies). There are 10 Operations missions, and 5 Hostiles missions. Not sure about Time Trials.

everything points to bite size missions. Maybe like that 3rd person shooter with the name that I can never remember (has numbers in it).

So I was a little bored last night so i decided to finally try the demo of shinobido 2. I got it months ago, played like 2 training missions, got distracted and later deleted it so it was available for me to download from my transaction list.

Now I LOVED Tenchu. I even loved Tenchu Z. Yes its the kind of game that gets bad reviews and totally deserves them as its full of silly things that make it deserve to be critisized on. However I still loved the games despite its issues. So with that in mind I thought this would be fun in the same kind of way.

The added a kill dude from miles away button with no skill button.......... whats the point in this game? Shame. Would have got it at somepoint if it wasn't for that. Just the classic sneak up and kill people thing of Tenchu always kept me entertained.

Anything new on PSMobile today?

Quick

Banned
Not really new info, but from what I've gathered, there's three SP modes: Operations (kinda like campaign), Time Trials (kinda like training), and Hostiles (infinite waves of enemies). There are 10 Operations missions, and 5 Hostiles missions. Not sure about Time Trials.

everything points to bite size missions. Maybe like that 3rd person shooter with the name that I can never remember (has numbers in it).

Not liking the sound of that. Might have to skip it, unless multiplayer turns out to be a success.

Also, I just tried out the beta for PS All-Stars Battle Royale on the Vita. Having played it on the PS3 previously, I'm impressed by the Vita version. Online was pretty smooth, and it looked pretty good overall.

Just played my first online match in PSABR. Not sure how I feel about the game yet, but I can certainly say that it looks like a PS3 game on a portable.

Twinduct

So I was a little bored last night so i decided to finally try the demo of shinobido 2. I got it months ago, played like 2 training missions, got distracted and later deleted it so it was available for me to download from my transaction list.

Now I LOVED Tenchu. I even loved Tenchu Z. Yes its the kind of game that gets bad reviews and totally deserves them as its full of silly things that make it deserve to be critisized on. However I still loved the games despite its issues. So with that in mind I thought this would be fun in the same kind of way.

The added a kill dude from miles away button with no skill button.......... whats the point in this game? Shame. Would have got it at somepoint if it wasn't for that. Just the classic sneak up and kill people thing of Tenchu always kept me entertained.

Game rocks, don't hate!
(Need to justify the blind purchase yo)

crispyben

I hope the EU PS Store gets its own Halloween sale like Caravan of the Dead, but if not, can I buy games on my US account from the PS3 and transfer them to my EU account on my Vita?

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I want A-Men in America!
The demo was pretty fun.

They even thank SCEA in the credits.
I sent a twitter message to Shane but he didn't respond.
Neither did the dev team via email.

Where is it!

F1nkZ.jpg

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Gravity Rush and ACL for sure, probably PSABR as well. Also trying to decide how/when to get the MGS Collection... the digital vs retail conundrum... I also kinda want it on PS3, but having every MG game (except 4 obviously) on my Vita would be pretty damn sweet.

Who am I kidding, I know I'll do both PS3 and Vita. TRANSFARING!

I had absolutely no intention of doing the 100/20 deal, and even scoffed a hearty scoff at the idea. But now I'm halfway there and getting, for example, MGSHD and Dokuro would seal the deal... or Okami HD... or any other number of amazing new games coming out soon. I guess buying a new system will do that.

Shit, I need a new memory card. 8GB lasted me about 18 hours. We need 64s, Sony. $50 64s.

I'd go for retail on MGS, due to size. I have most of my games on digital (even double dipped on Everybody's golf for convenience), and I use select retail cards as memory card expansions. Eg MGS is about 4GB, and I have a 32GB memory card, so I have 36GB effective storage.

What? No it didn't.

depends how you look at it. The daily challenges worked which are kinda online. The co-op "worked" but the game changed from sneaky stealth / tactics game to a race with who can run and gun with the shotty the fastest. Played like 3 games online (had trouble connecting at the time but could have been the crap router I was using back then) and didn't like it.

How hard can it be to throw in some kind of co-op survival type mode into these things. Even some basic team death match or domination would have been great in that game. Just use the maps already in the game.Everything else about that game was great fun.

Vita really needs some competitive shooters that work well.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Oh, that crap that never worked and froze my Vita multiple times? When I did get it working the lag was so bad I was shooting my own guy in the face and the microphone was coming in as a garbled mess?

worked perfectly fine for me and the wife though we did hit one or two bugs - the most annoying being one where the doors wouldnt open at the start of some stages.

Game made me really want R6: Vegas Terrorist Hunt on it

Hanmik

Oh, that crap that never worked and froze my Vita multiple times? When I did get it working the lag was so bad I was shooting my own guy in the face and the microphone was coming in as a garbled mess?

if you don´t like the game you are welcome to send it to me..

Never had any problems with co op in Unit 13 with regards to performance.

The real thing you have to worry about is stupid partners, I had one guy run up and shoot a guard with a rocket launcher in a stealth match! The worst part is that he would keep doing it, I left the game and he tried to join me again so I though ‘ill give him another chance’ but no, did the same exact thing. I had to keep quitting and doing a new room every time he tried to join.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™

I loved the original Tenchu, but I couldn't get into Shinibido 2. Demo was just blah.

Carl

If you're in Europe, When Vikings Attack is now up for preorder (on PS3 store) and you save money by preordering. Only £5.49 for preorders in the UK - will cost £7.99 when it launches.

And it's cross-buy so you get the Vita version too.

Go preorder it!

MarkusRJR

Can anyone give me tips on air braking in WipEout 2048? I can't turn enough when I don't air brake and if I do air brake I fly into the walls. :(

Oh and...

-> Buys $20 PSN card to buy Dokuro.
-> Can't find on PS Store.
-> Find out game is US-only and not coming to Canada, despite there being no reason it can't be released in Canada.
-> Have $20 on PSN wallet which I could have spent on bills.

SMH Sony. I've never seen a game be "US-only" before. :|

UberTag

Perhaps some of these other upcoming games will be US Only and we'll get to enjoy more surprises.

NEXT TUESDAY

Orgarhythm
Street Fighter x Tekken
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

OCTOBER 26th

DJMax Technika Tune (retail)

OCTOBER 30th

Assassin's Creed III: Liberation
DJMax Technika Tune (digital)
Dokuro (in Canada)
Jet Set Radio