• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone give me tips on air braking in WipEout 2048? I can't turn enough when I don't air brake and if I do air brake I fly into the walls. :(

pretend brake doesnt exist... use the air break instead. Basically you power slide. With default controllers is the square button to do it. Double tapping it will also dash you in what ever direction you have the analogue stick pressed.

Once i got the hang of air braking round corners the game because awesome. Still slowly going through the DLC. I have a bad habbit of not moving on to the next even till its elited or in the DLC gold passed. I also cant bring my self to stick it on amature..... skilled seems about right in term of dificulty for me. Feels like what the game was designed around.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Perhaps some of these other upcoming games will be US Only and we'll get to enjoy more surprises.

NEXT TUESDAY

Orgarhythm
Street Fighter x Tekken
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

OCTOBER 26th

DJMax Technika Tune (retail)

OCTOBER 30th

Assassin's Creed III: Liberation
DJMax Technika Tune (digital)
Jet Set Radio
LEGO Lord of the Rings
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
Ragnarok Odyssey
Smart as...

NOVEMBER 6th

Legends of War: Patton
When Vikings Attack

NOVEMBER 13th

Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified

NOVEMBER 20th

Persona 4: Golden
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

My wallet hurts. These are the games I intend to buy AT RELEASE. A good majority will still be bought, just waiting for sales/deals/more money. Oh my.

Oh, how is Book of Memories now that it's out in retail? Everyone enjoying it? I need to pick it up still.

My wallet hurts. These are the games I intend to buy AT RELEASE. A good majority will still be bought, just waiting for sales/deals/more money. Oh my.

Oh, how is Book of Memories now that it's out in retail? Everyone enjoying it? I need to pick it up still.

I can't get the All Stars Battle Royale to download properly :'(

Massa

Can anyone give me tips on air braking in WipEout 2048? I can't turn enough when I don't air brake and if I do air brake I fly into the walls. :(

Try the Wipeout controls (accelerate with X, air brake with shoulder buttons). It's much better.

Roubjon

Perhaps some of these other upcoming games will be US Only and we'll get to enjoy more surprises.

NEXT TUESDAY

Orgarhythm

OCTOBER 26th

OCTOBER 30th

Ragnarok Odyssey

NOVEMBER 20th

Crap, I completely forgot about Orgarhythm. Is it outrageous to buy all of these games on release day? Probably. Good thing those Newegg preorder coupons exist. That saves me around $40.

WTF IS this shit!! Ugh, some of you talked me into it, loved Overlord, sounded good, thought I may play it more than NFS MW but I hate, HATE nickel and diming DLC. I was against getting it in the first place because I thought it was a bit overpriced, seems like it should be 19.99 or 29.99 tops but to not include DLC??!! Fuck that noise. Now I need a replacement purchase to hit $100.

Yeah it's all optional, and mostly cosmetic. The princess and villager armor/weapon sets do have stats though, but aside from that the only other DLC worthy of note will be the 10 or so quests they've released already in Japan. They announced the DLC pass awhile ago, I even put it in the OT. I don't think I'll be jumping on it quite yet, I have a tight budget lately and I'm still on my first playthrough of NLKS.

I keep getting When Vikings Attack and Orc Attack confused

Yeah, me too. Both look great and fun though, especially Orc Attack because it has some raunchy/silly humor and four player co op.

MBA done. Don't know about this Velocity business yet though.

It's an awesome little mini that DESERVES attention, especially if you're into shmups at all. It's basically a shmup with some awesome little gameplay tweaks that make it fun. The soundtrack is REALLY addicting as well, most of it was done by the guy who has done the soundtrack on the Killzone games. Whenever I start it up I have to play through several missions because it's really just an addictive game.

Notch has a Vita but he got it for free.

Yeah but... Minecraft is already on droid right? I was just hoping that since the Xperia Play phone thingy made a big deal about Minecraft, we could at least get a PS Mobile port on Vita :\ I'd just kill for Minecraft or a Minecraft esque game on Vita is all, mostly because I don't want to lug a laptop around to get my MC fix.

OCTOBER 30th

Jet Set Radio

Is this official? Have Sega confirmed that it'll be released on the 30th now?

Also, does anyone know the best place to import DJ Max from that ships to England? I really want the game but don't know where to pick it up from (apart from Playasia and eBay. PA has it real expensive and all eBay copies ship from Hong Kong which'll take an eternity to arrive!)

Shinriji

For me

NEXT TUESDAY

Street Fighter x Tekken

OCTOBER 26th

OCTOBER 30th

Ragnarok Odyssey

NOVEMBER 13th

And maybe Smart as... using the $20 bonus of the PSN promotion.

MarkusRJR

Those are the only two games I'm getting (and I'm getting the 3DS version of Zero Escape).

I'm just pissed because I bought my Vita for the strange Japanese games and JRPGs usually found on Sony's systems. The fact Sony is purposely not releasing Dokuro in my region when it's already ready to be released (and they only need to put up a button to purchase on PSN) is setting a bad precident. Why release the next obscure Japanese game in Canada when they didn't release the last one?

It's just making me worried about my Vita purchase.

Try the Wipeout controls (accelerate with X, air brake with shoulder buttons). It's much better.
I moved over to those controls a few days ago but I still can't get the hang of it. It doesn't feel like any drifting I've ever done in a game.

Takao

Banned
In regards to minecraft it was exclusive to the Xperia play for a while but I have no idea how their relationship is nowadays

It needs to be stated that the Sony that got Minecraft timed exclusive for Xperia Play is not the same division of Sony that works on Vita.

In regards to minecraft it was exclusive to the Xperia play for a while but I have no idea how their relationship is nowadays

Yeah, coming from that, the whole XBL thing could be anything, those exclusive deals are usually done behind closed doors with everyone signing NDA contracts or w/e. With how outspoken Notch is against Windows 8 though, it makes me wonder how they'll go about supporting the game in the future. I was just hoping that the closing off of Windows 8 would drive him to want to support the PS3 and PSV with their crown jewel (Minecraft) :p

It needs to be stated that the Sony that got Minecraft timed exclusive for Xperia Play is not the same division of Sony that works on Vita.

True, but one can hope/dream? ;(

Anyway, more on topic - there are so many goddamn games coming out.. I'm really torn on what to put my money towards. I'm already sold on Ragnarok Odyssey and PSABR but... ugh some of these digital prices are steep for me, right now. I really want to get Dokuro and Orgarhythm but I might have to wait a bit.

Those are the only two games I'm getting (and I'm getting the 3DS version of Zero Escape).

I'm just pissed because I bought my Vita for the strange Japanese games and JRPGs usually found on Sony's systems. The fact Sony is purposely not releasing Dokuro in my region when it's already ready to be released (and they only need to put up a button to purchase on PSN) is setting a bad precident. Why release the next obscure Japanese game in Canada when they didn't release the last one?

Welcome to dealing with SCEA, or "how I learned to love the company with its collective head up its ass".

Look at Frobisher Says and SunFlowers (and I'm sure there are more) games that were in English already and it took weeks or months to put them up on the US store. Look at the difference between the EU stores and the NA stores.

If you don't have a ton of content tied to your Canadian store account, go create a EU account (if you're willing to suffer the exchange) and you'll probably be better off. If I didn't have 4+ years on my US ID and all sorts of PSP/PSOne games and PS+, I'd do it. 8)

Takao

Banned

Dokuro's situation is downright bizarre and not at all what usually happens. I have to hope that Gungho US being a brand new publisher may have made a mistake in their paperwork. They intended to release it in Canada, and are apparently talking up SCEA to see what's up.

Carl

8097030050_12dcf23a49_b.jpg

Woohoo

Shinriji

Just found out that Best Buy gonna make one week of B2G1.

Gonna grab SFxT, LBP and plus one (maybe Fifa 13 or UMVC3).

PS - Carl wins, bought MBA yesterday. Fun game.

Foshy

Downloading Monkey Ball demo, it's 288 MB. Burn The Rope is up via search too, if anyone cares.

Are the Burnout PSP games compatible with Vita? Their not on the Vita store itself but I guess they could be transferred via PS3. I need my arcade racing fix and MW is only coming in 2 weeks : <

is killzone liberation worth getting as im tempted by it?

Il have to watch some youtube vids on it first and stuff but it looks like it will be available after the update.

Sid

Downloading Monkey Ball demo, it's 288 MB. Burn The Rope is up via search too, if anyone cares.

Are the Burnout PSP games compatible with Vita? Their not on the Vita store itself but I guess they could be transferred via PS3. I need my arcade racing fix and MW is only coming in 2 weeks : <
Is the PSASBR beta up on the EU vita store?i think i'll give it a go.

NEXT TUESDAY

Orgarhythm
Street Fighter x Tekken
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz

OCTOBER 26th

OCTOBER 30th

DJMax Technika Tune (digital)
Jet Set Radio
LEGO Lord of the Rings
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
Ragnarok Odyssey
Smart as...

NOVEMBER 6th

Legends of War: Patton
When Vikings Attack

NOVEMBER 13th

NOVEMBER 20th

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

Don't forget Okami HD, isn't it also out on the 30th of october? 20$ if I am correctly...

EDIT: ow snap, Vita only I see. If only Okami could come to the Vita...

PaulLFC

Looking forward to trying the SMB demo later, the game is only £13.85 at ShopTo so it could be a bargain if it turns out to be good. Wonder why it's so cheap?

Derrick01

Banned
is killzone liberation worth getting as im tempted by it?

Il have to watch some youtube vids on it first and stuff but it looks like it will be available after the update.

It was an ok game but I don't think it was as good as Killzone 2 or 3, and I don't really like those games much.

Jamix012

Just found out that Best Buy gonna make one week of B2G1.

Gonna grab SFxT, LBP and plus one (maybe Fifa 13 or UMVC3).

PS - Carl wins, bought MBA yesterday. Fun game.

When is this Best Buy week?

Also Okami HD is coming to Vita? I've always wanted to play that game, is it a digital only release?

Edit: Just looked it up, Okami doesn't appear to be coming to Vita :( Way to dissapoint.

UberTag

Is this official? Have Sega confirmed that it'll be released on the 30th now?
It's not official. All we've heard is that JSR has been "delayed for a couple of weeks".
It could easily be delayed longer than that.
Then again, so could any of these titles. PSN could get hacked again and shut down for a month or more. Who can really say?

Foshy

Impressions on Monkey Ball would be awesome.

Very quick impressions after 5 mins of play: Nice, colorful graphics, native res, quick loading (~2 sec between stages). You can play using either the left analog stick or the gyroscope. Controls are tight using analog.

PaulLFC

Very quick impressions after 5 mins of play: Nice, colorful graphics, native res, quick loading (~2 sec between stages). You can play using either the left analog stick or the gyroscope. Controls are tight using analog.
Can't wait to try it, I can see me placing a preorder for it tonight by the sounds of it. The PSASBR beta to try as well, nice.

Foshy

Can't wait to try it, I can see me placing a preorder for it tonight by the sounds of it. The PSASBR beta to try as well, nice.

I'll definitely pick it up, it's a game I'd rather get digitally though.

There's also a mode where you take a picture and it somehow generates a stage using that data, but I have no idea how that works. Pretty neat, though.

However, I prefer the artstyle the GameCube versions had :<

OmegaZero

offscreen video I've seen are all blurry low quality vid, I don't think you can judge if it's native res from there, and official screen for Liberation is grade S bullshots.

Maybe I should have clarified.
Need for Speed looks sub-native based on the direct feed screens posted.
In the higher quality off-screen videos for Liberation, aliasing can be seen like in this video by IGN.

I'm hoping that I'm wrong.

PaulLFC

I'll definitely pick it up, it's a game I'd rather get digitally though.

There's also a mode where you take a picture and it somehow generates a stage using that data, but I have no idea how that works. Pretty neat, though.

However, I prefer the artstyle the GameCube versions had :<
Definitely agree on the art style, that's been one of the bad things about the recent games in the series for me.

ss_lemonade

Yes. It is, in fact, that game. Youtube is your friend.
I knew about a djmax game coming out for the vita, but thought it was going to be like the PSP ones.

Looking at some videos now, the smaller screen makes things look a bit cramped. Hope it isn't too uncomfortable to play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom