• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 2 definitive purchases are AC3: Liberation and P4: Golden, I'm considering either Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward or Ragnarok Odyssey as my third. BO: Declassified also comes into play but I'm expecting the worst with that unfortunately :/

I def am picking up AC3L and P4 but I'm torn between Zero Escape, Need for speed, Ragnarok, and Little Kings Story.. Not to mention this thread always peeks my interest on other smaller titles on PSN

So many choices, So little money

Why is that sad :S

Oh, didn't mean it like that its actually a very good thing for Nintendo. No matter what happens with 3rd parties their handheld market will always be secure with just those alone. That being said DSGamer had made a comment about not being interested in a lot of the 3DS library and wondering how the market remained in its favor. Which in some aspects I agree with since I enjoy my Vita much more, but obviously we are just the minority.

Famassu

Got Super Monkey Ball pre-ordered from TheHut for 14,95£.

Still arguing whether I'll order ACIII:L & NFS:MW day 1 or a week or two after release, when I'm sure to have more money.

Carl

Playing Super Monkey Ball demo. Never played a Monkey Ball game before.

Afraid it's going to be another game i want to buy :(

Zen

Banned
Playing Super Monkey Ball demo. Never played a Monkey Ball game before.

Afraid it's going to be another game i want to buy :(

For some reason the SOnic DLC makes me even more yearning to buy it, how much will Monkey Ball be?

OmegaZero

Got Super Monkey Ball pre-ordered from TheHut for 14,95£.

Still arguing whether I'll order ACIII:L & NFS:MW day 1 or a week or two after release, when I'm sure to have more money.

Depends on what you feel like playing more.
A Criterion-developed racing game or a Assassin's Creed console experience.

Tough choice.

So much for Killzone Liberation being Vita compatible in the EU now, re downloaded it and tried to copy it over and it says there is no content?! Tried downloading it straight to the vita but still no luck.

Hope they sort this shit out as i have been waiting for ages to play it after buying without knowing it didnt work over here but did in the US.

Zen

Banned
So much for Killzone Liberation being Vita compatible in the EU now, re downloaded it and tried to copy it over and it says there is no content?! Tried downloading it straight to the vita but still no luck.

Hope they sort this shit out as i have been waiting for ages to play it after buying without knowing it didnt work over here but did in the US.

I've lost all hope that they'll support the update/DLC for it.

Just noticed that Klonoa Door to Phantomile up on EU-store. There is an USA-flag attached to the Klonoa image. I heard some rumours that it does not work on a EU-vita? Can someone confirm this? Downloading Batle Royale now btw and jeez, it's a sloooooow download again.

DSGamer

Neo Member
I want quirky games like this on my Vita :p

I wonder if it's import-friendly. I loved odd Japanese games last generation. I imported Ouendan and other games for this very reason. With the 3DS being region-locked I'm looking towards the Vita / PS3 for strange imports.

zroid

Banned
You'd be suprised at how addicted you can get to super monkey ball.
I burned out on Monkey Ball nearly 10 years ago, I'm afraid. The only thing I can still get a tad excited about is Monkey Target, which remains bloody great.

If Sega released just Monkey Target as a download game for any platform (but Vita especially) I would buy the hell out of it and never look back. :p

So if you download this from the store on vita what happens? Dies it say it isn't compatible on vita?

brentech

Bought the ps+ sale Zen Pinball tables, PVZ vita, MBA.
I've had a list of stuff to play ever since buying the vita back in June.

More backlog to get through while ever trying to improve on even more pinball tables.

Famassu

Depends on what you feel like playing more.
A Criterion-developed racing game or a Assassin's Creed console experience.

Tough choice.
I'm perhaps a bit more of a fan of action/adventure stuff that Assassin's Creed represents than racing, but I've enjoyed all of Criterion's racing games so... it really is a hard decision.

:S Nothing came up when i searched before.

E: Yeah it wont let you download it.

They put PSAS up as PS+ only because they're idiots.

It's comes up as killzone liberation plat.

If it says its not available it might just be that common bug where later or tomorrow it will start working. Guy on ps eu blog replies in a comment saying it is comparable with vita now.

So will all-stars not even show up if I don't have plus? Silly SCEE.

I did search on the EU vita store and wwe all stars popped up.

I meant you have to search for killzone.

cyborg009

Banned
Repeating again has anyone played around PSM SDK?

and does the background always come out black?

KWvXW.png

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Random Download thoughts!:

Dokuro: Yeah, really enjoying it! Unlike most puzzle games of this type (which barely have any enemies of any personality, rarely have bosses, and normally seem to center around how the envvironment treats you, rather than what YOU can do), this one feels like a hybrid of a Castlevania-style stage progressive romp, and a puzzle game.

Aqua Kitty: Yeah, the reviews are true, this game is great :) So charming to watch, and to listen to. Reminds me of Warm Machine's Orbitron Revolution on PC and XBLIG :) (Wohoo, Plug!) I actually saw some slowdown when things got crazy... Insanely authentic, added by design, or other? I don't know, but the gameplay is quite fun.

Really hope to see these guys continue to give us classic-style HD games with gorgeous pixel art and solid gameplay. I'll be a huge fan of PSM in general.

Pinky Sports: (That creepy massage game) LoL. Why'd I donwload this? Oh well! Actually, when I was little, I somehow stumbled upon Gal's Panic at a restop / gas station on the road... I just played it for the cool anime pics, lol. No idea there were apparently naughty pics behind them! That game was based on Quix, so it had a solid play base. This... is kinda like that. This is the first game I've had on Vita which pulled the Acellerometer trick of the game auto-turning when you tilt the system.

"Massaging" the points actually takes some skill, if you hope to get anywhere. Wait till the circle gets small as possible, then press + rub the spot. (Not sure if there is any skill to rubbing? Left or right? Rotate like a circle?)

Do all this, while making sure no other points shrink+disappear, as that makes you lose time. You can't rub and press at the same time, so you'll break your chain while pressing others. So the strat is to clear the screen as best you can, while waiting for a point to shrink, and then get as many points as you can, from that one point.

Is it odd that this reminds me of Technic Beat? Man, I wanna see a new release of THAT game! (That'd be interesting with touch controls..) Anywho, you can kinda combo by going from one point fo the next, that happen to layer atop each other. Effective for clearing, but not for scoring.

Instead of the kinda-blurry FMV-ish look they went for, I wish they just went for a solid-looking 3D render, would make the game look sharper?

The game kinda lags from button presses (very rarely) and that makes it rarely miss additional presses. This is my only REAL negative to the gameplay though...

I haven't gotten past the "C" rank of stages, and... I wonder how extra-creepy this'll get, lol. Probably no worse than something you'd see in an Agarest or something... man, Modern Japanese games...

I tried the Monkey Ball demo and remembered why its been so long since I've played a MB game, because I'm pretty bad at them get very angry at the game very fast! The controls are what did it for me, its probably just me but they didn't feel all that responsive when moving round corners, quite slow and heavy so more often than not on the advanced courses I was falling off or unable to avoid obstacles. A shame as the game looks great and is something that I'd have liked to enjoy but I just get on with the handling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom